The Chesterfield Mayfair
US$322
US$256
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$491
US$200
US$166
3,557 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketbuckingham palacecharming hotelbond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnejunior suitequiet streetevery member of staffwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Wonderful stay over new year holiday. Staff had a special Xmas treat/candy waiting for my son. Hotel was beautifully decorated for Xmas. Location is superb; few minutes to Green Park Underground station (Piccadilly Line), regent/Oxford streets, and a block from restaurants of Shepherds Market. Also about 10 minutes from Hyde Park and about 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace. Each room is lovely and uniquely decorated. Maid staff wonderful and turn down service twice a day. Front desk staff very helpful. Restaurant on site good but quite expensive.

• Stayed: January 2013
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend New Year with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere in the hotel and thank you for the description of our location; I am sure people planning their visit to London will find it useful. We take great pride in the service we offer and thank you for recognising the work we all do. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to all of the team, especially the Front Desk staff and the Housekeeping team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect: very near everything, including Regent Street or Berkeley Square to the East, and Hyde Park and Harrods to the West; it's maybe 50 yards away from Shepherd Market where there are nice pubs and restaurants. And yet it's on a quiet street, with very few cars and little noise.

The people are very nice and welcoming.

Downsides include
- Very slow breakfast. Not enough people serving it
- Relatively small rooms
- High prices (but this is Central London; what can we expect...?)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you found the hotel both conveniently located for all the delights that London has to offer and also peaceful enough to enjoy a quiet rest. I am sure fellow Tripadvisor users will find your description very useful.

Thank you for the comments regarding the room size. Our hotel is situated in a Georgian building and has a great amount of character although this does mean that there is some slight variation in room size. When planning your next visit, please contact our reservation team and let them know that space is important to you and we will ensure that you receive the best room available. I am sorry with the issues you experienced at breakfast, our Food and Beverage Manager is currently working on solutions to ensure a quick and efficient service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I had spent twenty-seven years living in Mount Street, London - and commuting frequently to Oxford - and it has been very difficult to move away, when I retired from teaching in Oxford and attending patients in several London's hospitals. My wife and I have been living in South of France for the past ten years, but, quite naturally, we have been taking every opportunity to returne to London under every possible pretext.

We had tried several good hotels in London after our move out of UK, until we found the Chesterfield Mayfair - and we have never looked back. The Chesterfield is a real "home away from home", to use a cliche - a place where every guest is taken care of in an exemplary manner, a place uniquely capable of inducing the "atmosphere of family", so often lacking in even the best hotels elsewhere. The staff of the Chesterfield succeeded in creating a well-coordinated team, all of its members seamlessly surrounding every guest with service with a capital S, day and night.

I could rave about individual points, such as the marvellous afternoon teas in Chesterfield, the unbelievably well informed and willing concierges team - but I wish to stress just one point which is most important to us - and to many of the co-guests of Chesterfield with whom we have spoken over the years. We have a little, very well-behaved White West Highland Terrier dog, who travels with us everywhere - and in Chesterfield, unlike in some short-sighted hotels around, he is not only accepted, but he is made genuinely welcome by everybody.

I can warmly recommend Chesterfield Mayfair to everybody who comes to London - and who wishes to spend his time in this beautiful city surrounded by excellence in every sense of the term. I can guarantee you that you will be returned forever after.

JDS-S, Geneva

Room Tip: The Chesterfield Suite is very nice room - our favourite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your comments on The Chesterfield Mayfair, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad that you find the hotel is a ‘home away from home’ and our Very Important Pet policy ensures that you are not separated from your West Highland Terrier. It is important to us that you feel comfortable and appreciated here; no detail is too small for our guests’ comfort and convenience.

Thank you for your kind comments on the high level of service that you receive from all members of our team. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially the concierge team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We had a lovely afternoon tea today for a special birthday. We had a party of 8, including two children. The food was delicious and refilled whenever we wanted it. The children had the Princess menu which was just right for them and changing the sandwich filling option was no trouble. In fact, nothing was any trouble, including asking the pianist to play Happy Birthday for us. When the staff heard it was a birthday they produced a cupcake with a candle and sang happy birthday again! Our waitress, Nelly, was a star and even brought over a little teddy for each child when they we getting grumpy. A really special way to celebrate and we would recommend the Chesterfield Mayfair for London afternoon tea.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Whitebeam_13

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am delighted to hear that the event was enjoyed by all the family and the special touches for the children such as the Princess menu were appreciated. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Nelly.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here 28th to 31st December.
Both being JUST the wrong side of 60 , we are well travelled and appreciate the good things in life but do not like to feel we are being taken advantage of.
Our stay at this hotel was truly excellent.
Situation ; the middle of Mayfair , brilliant.
Cleanliness ; 5 star.
Decor ; 5 star.
Evening meals ; 5 star ( Loris , you were 7 star , thank you )
Afternoon tea ; 5 star
Breakfast ; 7 STAR - outstanding, best ever.
Waiting staff ; 5 star
Bar staff ; 5 star ( Paul and Adam you were 7 star , cheers )

If I had a minor gripe , it is expensive to use the the bar , but it is London and it is Mayfair,
so it was never going to be cheap.

Overall then , a very special short break , made extra special by the way we were treated by the staff.

Hopefully back again in March for my wife's birthday.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank John A
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair was a five-star experience and everything was to your satisfaction on this holiday break. Thank you for taking the time to recognise the dedication of all the staff here. I will be sure to pass on your comments onto all the team, especially Loris, Paul and Adam.

I am honoured that you will consider choosing us to help celebrate your wife’s birthday and I look forward to welcoming you back in March.