“One of the best hotels in London” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #11 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the best hotels in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

As I have just said in my title, in terms of hotels in London which I have stayed in, this is definitely the best! Excellent rates accessed by exclusivelymayfair.co.uk The service was always friendly and helpful, particularly one lady, Pauline, at breakfast who was always attentive and helpful and extremely friendly! The beds are extremely comfortable, the rooms look gorgeous and the location is perfect, close enough to walk to Regent Street and Oxford Street, and right next to a tube station for travel further away. I will definitely try to go back!

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a great review about your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the location and level of service to be incredibly high and that you found a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind comments about our team here, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to them all, especially Pauline.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
HUNGARY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have used this hotel multiple times when visiting London on business. I did so multiple times in November and December. The high standards have been maintained, providing consistently good service each time. In summary:

1) Location...5mins from Green Park tube station and 15mins walking distance to Piccadilly Circus and central London entertainment. Great restaurants surround the hotel.
2) Staff..always very welcoming and helpful.
3) Rooms, while not large, are well laid out and sufficient. Not modern, but clean and include all the basic amenities.
4) Outstanding breakfast. Excellent service.

You can possibly find better value...and certainly something more modern with gym, pool, etc....but the combination of location, charm and service would be hard to beat from my experience of London.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank MPHILM
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am always interested in how we are received by the business traveller and I am delighted to learn that on location, welcome and service we deliver the highest experience. Thank you for drawing attention to our great value and the quality of our cooked breakfasts, I will ensure that your kind comments are read by all our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

In a cold weekend in january we really felt at home in this wonderfull hotel. The hotel is situated in the city centre, near Green Park Subway station, in a calm street near Berkeley Square. The room was perfect, the staff very helpfull, the roommaid very friendly. The soft bed and luxurious armchairs made us feel like in heaven, the staff made us feel like home.
We went to London for the 10th birthday of our son. He was thrilled when he got a birthdaycake and some fruit, a birthdaycard from the staff. Breakfast next morning also was a treat and the perfect ending for a nice stay in this wonderfull hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Koen V
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you did indeed find a home away from home here with all the comfort and warmth you required. Our team will be pleased that your son enjoyed his birthday card and cupcake and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to them all.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Camborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

It used to be a gentleman,s club and has still character off it but the rooms are fabulous have stayed 6times and in different room each time but all as good the weekend special are good you get free afternoon tea and Champagne in your room when you arrive it is close to green park and to new bond street not cheap to stay but for a special occasion they will pull out all the stops I celebrated my 65th birthday and my pearl wedding there last nov and they made us feel like stars

Room Tip: It is expensive to stay here but well worth the money sleep quality sometime the beds are a little t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Prazegirt
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Mayfair Weekend package with all the benefits it includes. Thank you for choosing our hotel to help celebrate your birthday and anniversary, our team always enjoys making these occasions truly special.

Thank you for returning to The Chesterfield Mayfair and I look forward to greeting you on your next visit.

cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

my wife and I stayed for a long weekend at this brilliantly positioned hotel, just off Piccadilly and virtually on Berkeley Square. the weather was foul, but there's always so much to do in London that this didn't take the edge off it. Returning to the hotel after battling the snow was a treat. A very comfortable welcoming place with genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. For that part of London, the set lunch is a bargain at £19. for two courses or £21 for three courses. In comparison, the full English breakfast at £22 might be thought by some to be expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vanilla99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the welcome in our hotel to be warm and inviting after spending time outside in the snow and thank you for highlighting the great area we are located in. We pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail and my team will be pleased when I share your kind comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My partner and I spent five nights at the Chesterfield over Christmas and had a wonderful time. We always go away for Christmas and usually stay in Country House Hotels but decided on having a break in London this time round. We could find no fault with any aspect of the Chesterfield because of the attention given to even the smallest detail by the wonderful staff.
All the food was superb but we were very impressed to see the Christmas day turkeys actually being carved in the restaurant - perfect. We will definitely go back and would highly recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback from your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel over the Christmas period.

Our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager will be pleased to hear your great comments regarding the delicious food you enjoyed during your stay and that you were impressed by the carving of the turkey at the table. I am delighted that your Christmas in London was so enjoyable and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

You Can't find a better hotel in this area of London without paying a small fortune. I highly recommend this hotel. It was Clean, safe, quiet, in a great location, with a friendly and attentive staff - all you can ask for in a hotel. I will definitely stay here again. Loved the old world interior design and decorations. It gave the hotel a lot of charm. I did not get a chance to try the restaurant or bar but it looked nice and did have a lot of people in it. The red carnation was a nice touch.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Karoline D
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you find us a great balance of character, location and service. It is always great to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future and hope that on your next visit you are able to sample the delights of afternoon tea or dinner at Butlers.