“Simply incredible staff make this a five star experience”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have just departed from the Chesterfield after an unintentionally long stay. After arriving in London from Australia, I had the misfortune to fall seriously ill and spent over a week in hospital. After calling the police to find me when I did not return to the hotel, the manager arranged for some of my belongings to be brought to me in hospital, along with a very thoughtful gift bag with fresh fruit and candy and a card signed by many of the staff. He also arranged for my room to be booked through for the ten days I had to stay in London after being discharged, before I was ruled fit to fly. All of this was handled with no drama or fuss and it was such a relief, in my sadly weakened state, to know all of this was taken care of. When I returned to the hotel, I was basically bedridden for the first week, and the lovely housekeeping staff just cleaned around me, often as I slept. I would wake to find fresh water by my bedside, and clean towels. The room service staff brought me meals and politely ignored my pajamas and shawls and the lovely Lourdes brightened my mornings with her good cheer. When I was finally able to get up and about, the concierge and doormen, and the desk staff (especially Sabine and Sarah) were so sweet and helpful. Really, if you are going to have a life and death experience far away from home, then this hotel is the perfect place to recuperate.

Bouquets of thanks and gratitude all around.

Room Tip: I booked an executive king and the weekend rate (228 including breakfast, taxes and other weekend fr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank emah
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

When you stay with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair we welcome you into our family. I am pleased to hear that everything in our power was done to ensure that your stay here was as comfortable and stress-free as possible.

I am incredibly proud that my housekeeping team were able to provide you with all your essential needs with minimal disturbance and that room service were attentive and respectful. I will be sure that all the team, especially Sabine, Sarah and Lurdes, are congratulated for all their good work on your behalf.

I am delighted to hear that you have made a good recovery and all the team here send you their best wishes.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed for one night on business. Lovely hotel. Great bed but room mostly taken up by bed. Nice bar and excellent room service breakfast. Expensive for room but great location and I would stay again if I could get room for reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JGRL

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the fantastic location in the heart of Mayfair and found the beds comfortable and the room service excellent. For your next stay you may wish to subscribe to our newsletter or contact our reservations team directly to keep informed of special offers. We also have different room categories and if you would like a room with more space we will be able to arrange this for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I had never had a high tea in London before and wasn't sure what to expect. The Chesterfield Hotel made my birthday very very special and i would highly reccommend! Nothing was too much of a problem for the staff. Even dietry requirements were catered for without question eg gluten free. We had a fantastic waiter who had good knowledge on the cakes and teas. It was a lovely touch to be given a cake with a candle and for all to sing happy birthday. Also to take cakes home in a lovely box with a flower.
The whole experience was faultless, huge thanks to all staff x

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose us for your first experience of the tradition of Afternoon Tea and that you had a brilliant time. Our Executive Chef has ensured that all the sandwiches and cakes are of the same high standard whether you choose vegan, vegetarian or gluten-free and our Restaurant team excel at describing the different teas and traditions that go with it. I will be sure that all the staff will be pleased to hear that you had a brilliant birthday treat and I am pleased you enjoyed your gift to take home with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We have had lunch at this hotel before,and it was excellent. So we decided to stay, and it didnt dissapoint, the staff are all very friendly,and nothing was too much. The room was great, and had everything you would need for your stay. I would recomend the afternoon tea, but book before you go, as it gets busy. We had bar snacks in the evening, which is a relaxed atmosphere, breakfast was 1st class, we couldnt fault this hotel, and we will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your return visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that we were able to tempt you back to enjoy the accommodation here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for sharing your advice to book early for Afternoon Tea; we are becoming a popular location for friends and family to enjoy a sweet treat and people are now booking well in advance. We take great pride in providing a warm and friendly atmosphere throughout the hotel and my team will be pleased to hear that they have succeeded when I share your review with them all.

I am pleased to know that I will be welcoming you once more to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

We have just spent the weekend at this hotel and can only echo previous comments in that we found our stay excellent. If you can get the weekend break deal it is even better value. This included afternoon tea and a bottle of bubbly and breakfast (I must say I would not pay £22 for breakfast which is the normal rate!!). As others have said, the staff are friendly without being overbearing and the bar is a lovely place to return to after a hard day sightseeing or for a nightcap after the theatre. Will definitely come back for another theatre break. Location is good too - 5 mins walk from Green Park tube.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor and was exceptionally quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that your stay with us lived up to the high expectations set by previous reviewers on Tripadvisor. Thank you for the advice to check our website for special offers on weekend breaks, London is such a vibrant city there is always plenty to see and do here. We have a great location as you have said but we also benefit from being situated back from the main streets so you do get a good night’s sleep as well. Thank you for highlighting what wonderful service my team provide, we all take great pride in ensuring our guests have a brilliant stay and I will make sure your kind comments are passed on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

A thoroughly pleasant experience. A friendly welcome on arrival from all staff members. Room was perfect - attention to detail not usually found in hotels (such as scissors, sellotape..!). Only negative was extractor noise outside the window - meaning not possible to open the window at night. Cosy bar - lovely reading room - good quality food. All in all a really good option for staying in a small quality hotel in London..

Room Tip: If opening the window is important ask for a room not backing onto the the fan!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experiences at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you received a warm Chesterfield welcome from our team and enjoyed all those little touches that make you feel relaxed and at home. Thank you for the feedback on the room you stayed in, when you wish to make your next booking, please do contact our reservations team directly and we will ensure that your next stay matches your requirements perfectly.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Best value for money I have ever experienced.
Service genuinely warm, friendly and efficient. Staff not looking for tips.

Great location, great restaurants, great choices on the menus, atmospheric bar, clean comfortable rooms.

I had nothing to complain about at any time; but plenty to be thankful for. Nothing was too much trouble for both management and staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SelwynRGD
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you have had such a positive experience with your stay. We take great pride in the service we offer to our guests and our attention to detail and to read this review shows that our mission is succeeding. Your brilliant comments about my team will be shared with everyone and shows that we are achieving the high standards we set ourselves.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.