I have just departed from the Chesterfield after an unintentionally long stay. After arriving in London from Australia, I had the misfortune to fall seriously ill and spent over a week in hospital. After calling the police to find me when I did not return to the hotel, the manager arranged for some of my belongings to be brought to me in hospital, along with a very thoughtful gift bag with fresh fruit and candy and a card signed by many of the staff. He also arranged for my room to be booked through for the ten days I had to stay in London after being discharged, before I was ruled fit to fly. All of this was handled with no drama or fuss and it was such a relief, in my sadly weakened state, to know all of this was taken care of. When I returned to the hotel, I was basically bedridden for the first week, and the lovely housekeeping staff just cleaned around me, often as I slept. I would wake to find fresh water by my bedside, and clean towels. The room service staff brought me meals and politely ignored my pajamas and shawls and the lovely Lourdes brightened my mornings with her good cheer. When I was finally able to get up and about, the concierge and doormen, and the desk staff (especially Sabine and Sarah) were so sweet and helpful. Really, if you are going to have a life and death experience far away from home, then this hotel is the perfect place to recuperate.
Bouquets of thanks and gratitude all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London