“Excellent hotel at a reasonable price”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Excellent hotel at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We loved staying here! We stayed for a week and it was great. The location is ideal and the hotel is perfect. Not incredibly fancy but very clean and incredible staff, an overall great deal in the best location. The rooms are small yet there is tons of closet space so it did not feel tight. The staff was amazing; very friendly, charming and helpful. We would definitely return and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah S
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you found our hotel to be in the perfect location and provide the best service during your stay in London. We take great pride in our service and attention to detail and my team will be delighted that you recognise their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Weekend wedding in London- all our venues were nearby so we booked at the Chesterfield.

Very pleasant staff at the reception and the door- always willing to help.

The decor is old school with lots of ornate decorations.
If you are looking for the minimalist feel of a W hotel, you'll probably have a heart attack here.

Room on the top floor was small-ish but in a cosy way.
Nice colors in the room and a view.
Bathroom amenities were very nice- Fragonnard if I recall
Bed and bedding very comfortable
Good sized TV
QUIET...little noise from nearby rooms/doors....very nice and worth a special mention

To be improved- main issue was the bathroom
No shower- had to stand in tub and I couldnt stand directly under the shower head as I was too tall...and believe me, I am not THAT tall.
Hot vs. Cold water in the shower was a bit hit and miss to get the right balance and somewhat irritating.
The bathroom was in fine condition- it's more of the constraints due to the shape of the bathroom and what has to fit in there.

Great internet coverage.

Apparently really good breakfast and afternoon tea, but we just didnt have time for either.

Would return and warmly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeDude13
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the warm welcome we provide to all our guests and you enjoyed all the small touches that come with staying at a boutique hotel in the heart of London. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all our team, especially the Front Office staff; it is always rewarding to be recognised for our service and attention to detail.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We spent three wonderful nights at The Chesterfield Mayfair in January and were extremely impressed. We received a warm welcome on entering the hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We were shown around the bar and restuarant and then taken up to our room even though we had arrived early. It was very well decorated with everything a person needs to feel totally comfortable and spoilt. We chose to have our breakfasts in our room and they were always delivered on time by the very friendly staff. The food was really good. The turn down service every evening was so nice as there was always a little treat on our pillow. The hotel is in a great location, very close to Green Park tube station with so much to do within walking distance from the hotel. We totally enjoyed our experience at this hotel and look forward to returning again when in London.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your great comments about your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found everything you needed for a relaxing break. Our Executive Chef will be pleased to know that the breakfast and room service were to your satisfaction and you appreciated the turndown treats. We take great pride in our service and providing guests with every comfort and are pleased that you will consider staying with us when you return to London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reading
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We booked a Mayfair weekend package. Provided you stay for 2 nights, for an extra £12 each you get a package worth over £150 per couple: 2 breakfasts each @ £22, an afternoon tea at £32.50 each, a bottle of champagne and a late check out on your last day to allow you to have the afternoon tea then if you choose. While I felt that none of the components was particularly good value at its quoted price the package as a whole was exceptional value and added a note of decadence to a weekend to celebrate a significant milestone.
The hotel was excellent. Great location close to shopping, theatres and Buck Palace area. Also close to great restaurants with Tamarind and Murano (see separate review) literally around the corner. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Bedroom (527) was a good size with plenty of storage space and usual facilities for a hotel of its class. The room overlooked a busy street but was very well soundproofed. Bed was large and comfortable with good pillows. Being an iron framed four poster style it did jiggle a bit when the other half changed position but this was minor. We loved the bathroom which was large (and took a large chunk out of the bedroom) and had the largest (free standing) bath I have ever been in – wonderful shower too. We didn’t use it but noted a well-equipped desk with key pad, mouse, scissors, stapler tape etc.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of juices, fresh fruit, cereals, cold cuts and a cooked option. However I would not have been happy paying £22 even with a full English but I thoroughly enjoyed it as part of the Mayfair package. Eggs Benedict on the second day was a treat.
Afternoon tea was a lovely treat as part of the package but I wouldn’t have been happy paying £32.50 each for a few sandwiches, pastries and scones.
Would I recommend the Chesterfield – yes unreservedly and would welcome an opportunity to return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank El_Timon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that all the elements of our hotel contributed towards a brilliant weekend adventure for you. Our location is excellent with many great restaurants within walking distance and the bustle and excitement of the West End never far away.

Our Mayfair Weekend package does provide excellent value with treats of afternoon tea and Champagne included with a late check-out to make the most of your stay. Most of all, thank you for your kind words about the hospitality of our staff, we are always pleased when our high level of service is recognised by our guests.

Shanklin, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We visited on the weekend of 8th to 10th February , having been there several times before. The Hotel has been continuously providing excellence in every respect, whether the food, the rooms, and they have superb friendly staff. I'm sure this H otel would not disappoint anyone.

Stayed February 2013
oraggett, Front Office Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that we offer such exemplary service and surroundings that you are happy to return and experience the warmth and hospitality that we have to offer. Thank you for your kind words about my team, I am very proud of their achievements and will be sure to pass on your thanks to them.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I spent four days at the Chesterfield Mayfair recovering from major back surgery before returning home to France. From the moment I arrived, it was clear that I was in safe hands. I had mentioned to Reservations that I needed to delay my arrival by two days due to complications with the back surgery. All staff had been informed prior to my arrival. Housekeeping prepared my room (unasked) by putting a board under the mattress and making sure all tea/coffee equipment etc was out of cupboards and easily accessible on the tables. Everyone took an interest and only wanted to help. I had to rely on Room Service as they were my only regular contact with the outside. They were cheery, generous, caring and ready to help in any way possible. Housekeeping was thoughtful and discreet. I know the Chef went 'all out' to make dishes attractive and wrote, in chocolate, 'get well soon' on dessert plates. Service was oustanding. Accomodation was very comfortable and the room was well-equipped. The food was great. If you seek outstanding and personalised service in a comfortable hotel in a great location, this is the best in London. I have stayed in a number of top London hotels and speak from some experience. Also, the rooms are double-glazed and it is a quiet street in Mayfair. There is no noise to disturb sleeping, day or night.

Room Tip: I was in a Superior King on the fourth floor overlooking the street. It was bright and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Leslie S
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to hear that we were able to offer you comfort and quiet hospitality during your stay with us. I am proud that my Housekeeping Supervisor took the initiative to change your room to ensure that everything was to your satisfaction and our Chef made a feast for your sight as well as your stomach. Thank you for the great description of our location, we are close to the delights of London and yet our street is quiet and peaceful meaning a good night’s sleep is guaranteed.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about all my team; we take great pride in our service and attention to detail and I will be honoured to share this review with them all.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We decided to spend a night in London on the way home between Turkey and the USA and we followed the recommendations on Tripadvisor for the Chesterfield House. We were not disappointed. The staff were excellent, the room, while cosy, was spotless and comfortable and I enjoyed a wonderful Irish coffee in the piano bar after dinner. We will definately visit again and take better advantage of all this hotel and its location has to offer.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seanmage
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose us as your hotel in London and you were able to relax and enjoy the break in your journey. Our bar is the perfect place to relax after a day out in London as it has a wonderful atmosphere and I do approve of your choice of an Irish coffee after dinner.

I hope your next visit to London is less brief and you have a chance to enjoy all the delights of The Chesterfield Mayfair.