“Couldn't be better!”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

We booked a weekend offer. A gift from my husband on my birthday in November
When we booked the room we found out we'd been together for 45 yrs which we mentioned in our booking. The weekend package included champagne the first night, Full English breakfast , one Afternoon Tea and late checkout last day.
Perfect for us. Leavin Stockholm early Saturday morning and leaving London at 7 pm Monday night
A week or so before my husband got a mail from the Hotel reminding us of booking the Afternoon tea as its a popular place at the weekends. Asking us which day and time we want our afternoon tea. So kind!
Arriving at the hotel On Sat morning just to leave our suitcases the receptionist told us we were upgraded to a suit with Jacuzzi "The Garden Room "was not ready yet as it takes a little longer to clean up a suit. But we could check in and our cases should be in our room when we came back! Fantastic service.
A good start but it would rise up to higher unexpected levels which made this weekend the best ever
So helpful and friendly staff everywhere ,treating us like royalties but in a natural and balanced way that made us feel comfortable and at home . A beautiful hotel with excellent interior design . Creating a special atmosphere of old times still fresh and modern and very clean
Perfect everything!!!!!
I'm amazed of the owner Mrs Bea Tollmans Vision for The Red Carnation Hotels and seeing it worked out perfect in The Chesterfield Mayfair
There is so much to say
Excellent kitchen, wonderful bar, restaurant, The Excellent Breakfast The Afternoon Tea in the Conservatory, details everywhere that makes you feel special and privileged
But particularly I want to mention the Surprice that came together with the Champagne Sat Night
A plate with two cupcakes ( carrot cake?) with clotted cream and raspberries on top
On the plate was written with chocolate
Happy Anniversary and a card with greetings from the staff.
Isn't that love? Thank you everybody working that weekend March 2-4 2013
This weekend became almost like a spa for my whole beeing after a heavy and a rather stressful winter

• Stayed: March 2013
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that your husband chose us to help celebrate such a special occasion and that you appreciated all the extra attention as we marked your joint birthday and anniversary celebrations. There is so much to see and do in London that I am glad you made full use of your Mayfair Weekend package and enjoyed being able to drop off your bags on the first morning as well as the late check out.

Our team enjoy getting to know our guests and planning for their needs so that when you arrive, everything is taken care of; I am pleased that this forward organisation helped create a relaxing break where you felt you had all the comforts you could wish for. I will be sure to thank all of the team who helped prepare for your stay as well as all who you met on your weekend with us; we always appreciate when guests recognise our efforts.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel attends to absolutely every little detail, even a hard-copy personal response to my evaluation at the end of my stay. The room-service breakfast in-the-room as an "included" option for the cost of the room was really a GREAT perk. Lovely, knowledgable, professional staff. Definitely on my list when I return to London. Easy walking distance to National Gallery, museums, etc.

Room Tip: Request nearer street or interior courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank localworldtraveler

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you great review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be excellent for your needs. Thank you for highlighting the fact that we will provide breakfast as room service at no extra charge; this is something that many of our guests appreciate and compliment us for providing.

It will be my pleasure to share you kind comments about my team with all the staff; we believe in providing a high level of service and attention to detail and appreciate when guests such as yourself acknowledge this.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next return to London.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in London. The location and service can't be beat. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The rooms are not huge, but adequate with lots of closet space for storage. Some little extras that I enjoyed: the nightly turn down service with a different treat on the pillows each night; the in-room french press coffee for getting started in the morning; the warm welcome my daughter and I received each time we entered the hotel.

I love the bar and the piano, and the afternoon tea is a must-do.

Best of all, you can walk to a lot of the major sights, AND it's just a few steps from the Underground that will take you virtually any where.

In any case, the customer service and friendly attitude make this one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It brings me great pleasure to hear that you find a warm welcome each time you walk into The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that the service is second to none. I am delighted that you found the small touches such as the turndown treats so enjoyable and thank you for recommending our afternoon tea; it really is a great institution that everyone should experience!

I am sure that fellow Tripadvisor visitors will find your description of our location very useful and it is true that this area is wonderful to explore by foot.

I am pleased that The Chesterfield Mayfair is one of your favourite hotels and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

The Afternoon Tea Was Simply Delicious! Would Recommend It To Anyone. The Ham Cheese And Tomato Relish Was Our Favourite, And The Chocolate And Orange Macaroons Were Incredible. The Staff Are Very Attentive And Explained The Menu Fully For Us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that your afternoon tea with us was an exceptional treat. Our Executive Chef will be thrilled that you appreciated all the delicious details that he has added to the menu and the macaroons are simply spectacular. Thank you for your praise of the service you received; afternoon tea is a great institution and our team enjoy taking the time to talk through the menu to ensure that everyone makes the most of this special treat.

I hope to welcome you once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We loved staying here! We stayed for a week and it was great. The location is ideal and the hotel is perfect. Not incredibly fancy but very clean and incredible staff, an overall great deal in the best location. The rooms are small yet there is tons of closet space so it did not feel tight. The staff was amazing; very friendly, charming and helpful. We would definitely return and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you found our hotel to be in the perfect location and provide the best service during your stay in London. We take great pride in our service and attention to detail and my team will be delighted that you recognise their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Weekend wedding in London- all our venues were nearby so we booked at the Chesterfield.

Very pleasant staff at the reception and the door- always willing to help.

The decor is old school with lots of ornate decorations.
If you are looking for the minimalist feel of a W hotel, you'll probably have a heart attack here.

Room on the top floor was small-ish but in a cosy way.
Nice colors in the room and a view.
Bathroom amenities were very nice- Fragonnard if I recall
Bed and bedding very comfortable
Good sized TV
QUIET...little noise from nearby rooms/doors....very nice and worth a special mention

To be improved- main issue was the bathroom
No shower- had to stand in tub and I couldnt stand directly under the shower head as I was too tall...and believe me, I am not THAT tall.
Hot vs. Cold water in the shower was a bit hit and miss to get the right balance and somewhat irritating.
The bathroom was in fine condition- it's more of the constraints due to the shape of the bathroom and what has to fit in there.

Great internet coverage.

Apparently really good breakfast and afternoon tea, but we just didnt have time for either.

Would return and warmly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeDude13
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the warm welcome we provide to all our guests and you enjoyed all the small touches that come with staying at a boutique hotel in the heart of London. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all our team, especially the Front Office staff; it is always rewarding to be recognised for our service and attention to detail.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We spent three wonderful nights at The Chesterfield Mayfair in January and were extremely impressed. We received a warm welcome on entering the hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We were shown around the bar and restuarant and then taken up to our room even though we had arrived early. It was very well decorated with everything a person needs to feel totally comfortable and spoilt. We chose to have our breakfasts in our room and they were always delivered on time by the very friendly staff. The food was really good. The turn down service every evening was so nice as there was always a little treat on our pillow. The hotel is in a great location, very close to Green Park tube station with so much to do within walking distance from the hotel. We totally enjoyed our experience at this hotel and look forward to returning again when in London.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank your for your great comments about your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found everything you needed for a relaxing break. Our Executive Chef will be pleased to know that the breakfast and room service were to your satisfaction and you appreciated the turndown treats. We take great pride in our service and providing guests with every comfort and are pleased that you will consider staying with us when you return to London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.