“A weekend break for two ... in luxury!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #11 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“A weekend break for two ... in luxury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Once again we enjoyed a weekend break for two nights at the Chesterfield hotel, Mayfair, which was excellent. We stayed on the Friday night and were treated to champagne in our bedroom. Saturday morning started with a breakfast fit for a king in the quintessentially English restaurant. After a day of activities we returned for our afternoon cream tea and after dinner out, returned to the bar to delightful entertainment from the resident pianist in the bar, before turning in. The room (419) was lovely. Bathroom has underfloor heating and the shower knocks you over. Staff were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We have stayed on numerous occasions and will be staying again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that your return visit was as enjoyable and relaxing as you expected and that you appreciated all the elements of our Mayfair Weekend package. I will be pleased to share your kind words on the high level of service you enjoyed with all my team, including our pianist.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

16.03.13
"WOW" is my first thought, we chose to spend a weekend in town, and some one suggested a nice hotel group Red Carnation.

We chose the Chesterfield in Mayfair as it was close to the bar and restaurant we had booked.

The moment we arrived, we were greeted with happy staff, they had a big, smile and they all gave us a welcome, it was like going back in time to a traditional quintessential English feel and atmosphere, you could tell nothing was too much trouble.

The room we were given #222, OMG its was amazing, light, airy, cozy, real touch of elegance, even had two bath rooms,

We went in to the bar for a light bite, and a glass of wine, (ended up with a bottle as we did not want to move) was so nice. I can recommend the club sandwich with truffle and parmigiana fries,

Latter on in the evening before going out we met friends and had various cocktails, the cocktails were great, and served with popcorn, yum yum.... James was our waiter he could not do enough for us. (Thank you James)

We had breakfast this morning in the conservatory, nice and bright, the buffet, was full of everything you could want for English breakfast, and the cooked breakfast was out of this world, unlimited toast and preserves, tea, coffee I was even cheeky and asked for lattes's.

Cant remember all the staffs names, but they made us all feel so welcome, even a housekeeping porter i saw in a corridor said good morning and hoped we have a great day.

On departure, the staff were cheerful, and sad to see us go :-)

Perfect location, for a weekend in town, with great local bars and so close to Shepherds market.......

We will be back, I promise,

Room Tip: we were on the second, floor our view was over a court yard, very quiet..... However the room had...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carl S
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this brilliant review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that your weekend with us was so enjoyable and all the team made you feel welcome and at home. As a boutique hotel in the heart of Mayfair we are proud of our great British heritage which can be seen from the luxurious fittings in each bedroom right through to the banquet of breakfast offerings available each morning.

Our location is excellent and we are handily situated for our guests to dine well at all the restaurants that are in the area although many guests do enjoy spending time in our bar as you have done. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to James for making you feel comfortable and ensuring you had everything you wanted for the evening.

Thank you for recognising the talent and dedication of everybody who works at The Chesterfield Mayfair, we take great pride in our attention to detail and it is always appreciated when we are recognised for this by our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

We absolutely loved this hotel. It is very well located in the heart of Mayfair. All was just perfect down to every detail. White gloved, top hat doorman received us and handled our luggage swiftly.
The reception, concierge and housekeeping staff was excellent, as well as all working in the restaurant, which by the way was excellent.
The room was lovely with a king size bed, lots of drawers and shelves and silk padded hangers for our clothes. The décor was elegant and sophisticated, with some beautiful antique pieces of furniture. They even had electric outlets for American, European and British appliances. In one of the drawers there was tray with everything one would find in a well-equipped desk and in a cupboard another tray with everything needed for coffee or tea, with several choices of flavors plus high quality cookies.
The bathroom, although small, had enough room to put our toiletries, and had fluffy embroidered bath towels and a good pressured shower.
This hotel belongs to the South African hotel chain named Red Carnation so the bathroom had a fresh red carnation and the drawers were lined with red carnation printed paper. This was a very nice touch and amazing detail!!!
We will surely recommend this hotel and stay here again when we are back in London again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FromSaoPaulo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that our service and attention to detail has given you a fantastic experience at this Red Carnation hotel. I am delighted that you found check in to be swift and smooth and all the amenities you describe in your room helped create a home away from home for you; I personally find the universal travel adaptors to be one of the items that our guests really appreciate.

Thank you for your kind words about all our team here; I am incredibly proud of all my staff who work with each other to ensure that each guest receives the warmest of welcomes and that you receive the highest standard of service whether you are requesting a dinner recommendation from concierge or an extra blanket from housekeeping.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair on your next visit to London.

Fife, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

First impressions of the Chesterfield Mayfair were great with extremely welcoming staff, from the doormen to the lovely reception staff. The hotel was very well presented, spotlessly clean and decorated to a very high standard.

I took my parents to this hotel as part of a theatre break in London for their diamond anniversary and my dad's 80th birthday. The hotel staff made the effort to present my parents with a cake, champange and a card signed by all hotel staff, a kind gesture from the hotel which was free of charge.

The rooms were extremely comfortable and were decorated and maintained to a high standard. Underfloor heating was a godsend in the bathroom was a godsend along with bathrobes, toiletries, chocolates, complementary water, tea and coffee.

The food at this hotel was excellent. The staff couldn't do enough for you.

This hotel is ideally situated for theatres and is a 15 minute walk to Liecter Square. It is also a 5 minute walk to the nearest tube at Green Park.

Would definately recommend this hotel and would stay here again on our next visit to London.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am honoured that you chose to stay with us as part of your parents’ diamond anniversary celebrations and that the rooms and environment all added to your enjoyment of the weekend. It is great to hear that you received such a positive first impression of the Chesterfield Mayfair and that it continued through every part of the hotel.

I am pleased that your stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair was a five-star experience and everything was to your satisfaction for this special break. Thank you for taking the time to recognise the dedication of all the staff here; I will be sure to pass on your comments onto all the team.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you would recommend our hotel to your friends and family, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Community of Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Great experience in the Chesterfield Mayfair. Very good situation near most of the best commercial areas in London, tube and bus stops, restaurants and trendy pubs. Very friendly, helpful staff, perfect English breakfast and afternoon tea. I'll come back, thank you so much.

Room Tip: My room was located over Charles St. and even so was quiet at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Maria R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the great attractions that are in the local area. Thank you for your room tip, despite being a few streets away from Piccadilly we are able to offer a quiet night’s sleep for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

We booked a weekend offer. A gift from my husband on my birthday in November
When we booked the room we found out we'd been together for 45 yrs which we mentioned in our booking. The weekend package included champagne the first night, Full English breakfast , one Afternoon Tea and late checkout last day.
Perfect for us. Leavin Stockholm early Saturday morning and leaving London at 7 pm Monday night
A week or so before my husband got a mail from the Hotel reminding us of booking the Afternoon tea as its a popular place at the weekends. Asking us which day and time we want our afternoon tea. So kind!
Arriving at the hotel On Sat morning just to leave our suitcases the receptionist told us we were upgraded to a suit with Jacuzzi "The Garden Room "was not ready yet as it takes a little longer to clean up a suit. But we could check in and our cases should be in our room when we came back! Fantastic service.
A good start but it would rise up to higher unexpected levels which made this weekend the best ever
So helpful and friendly staff everywhere ,treating us like royalties but in a natural and balanced way that made us feel comfortable and at home . A beautiful hotel with excellent interior design . Creating a special atmosphere of old times still fresh and modern and very clean
Perfect everything!!!!!
I'm amazed of the owner Mrs Bea Tollmans Vision for The Red Carnation Hotels and seeing it worked out perfect in The Chesterfield Mayfair
There is so much to say
Excellent kitchen, wonderful bar, restaurant, The Excellent Breakfast The Afternoon Tea in the Conservatory, details everywhere that makes you feel special and privileged
But particularly I want to mention the Surprice that came together with the Champagne Sat Night
A plate with two cupcakes ( carrot cake?) with clotted cream and raspberries on top
On the plate was written with chocolate
Happy Anniversary and a card with greetings from the staff.
Isn't that love? Thank you everybody working that weekend March 2-4 2013
This weekend became almost like a spa for my whole beeing after a heavy and a rather stressful winter

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that your husband chose us to help celebrate such a special occasion and that you appreciated all the extra attention as we marked your joint birthday and anniversary celebrations. There is so much to see and do in London that I am glad you made full use of your Mayfair Weekend package and enjoyed being able to drop off your bags on the first morning as well as the late check out.

Our team enjoy getting to know our guests and planning for their needs so that when you arrive, everything is taken care of; I am pleased that this forward organisation helped create a relaxing break where you felt you had all the comforts you could wish for. I will be sure to thank all of the team who helped prepare for your stay as well as all who you met on your weekend with us; we always appreciate when guests recognise our efforts.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

taylor lake village, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel attends to absolutely every little detail, even a hard-copy personal response to my evaluation at the end of my stay. The room-service breakfast in-the-room as an "included" option for the cost of the room was really a GREAT perk. Lovely, knowledgable, professional staff. Definitely on my list when I return to London. Easy walking distance to National Gallery, museums, etc.

Room Tip: Request nearer street or interior courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank localworldtraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you great review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be excellent for your needs. Thank you for highlighting the fact that we will provide breakfast as room service at no extra charge; this is something that many of our guests appreciate and compliment us for providing.

It will be my pleasure to share you kind comments about my team with all the staff; we believe in providing a high level of service and attention to detail and appreciate when guests such as yourself acknowledge this.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next return to London.