We spent five wonderful nights in The Chesterfield Mayfair and enjoyed every minute. Located on a lovely quiet street, it is in a brilliant location: an easy walk to shops, Hyde Park, St James Park and Buckingham Palace, and 5 minutes walk to Green Park Station, a junction for 3 underground lines. The neighbourhood was very pleasant and we felt quite safe walking back to the hotel late at night.
The hotel is charming and just as you'd imagine a small luxury hotel on Mayfair should be. The staff at the front desk couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. We would particularly like to compliment the young Australian lady who was just delightful. Our room on the top (7th) floor was beautifully appointed and very quiet, with a wonderfully comfortable bed and pillows. I had read in some reviews that the rooms are on the small side. Ours was absolutely fine and I'd much prefer to stay in a hotel with character and warmth than in a modern chain hotel with larger rooms. If I had to be critical of something, the shower demonstrated the vagaries of old London plumbing, making it difficult to adjust the temperature, but at least it was hot. The dining room was elegant and inviting, with chesterfield furniture, dozens of beautiful white orchids and its walls decorated with many old paintings, all featuring dogs. Breakfasts were fabulous and set us up for the day.
For excellent staff, ambience and comfort, and for such easy access to all we wished to see and experience in London, it was perfect. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and it fulfilled a childhood dream...a hotel on Mayfair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London