“This boutique hotel is a five star Jewel”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Chesterfield for five nights. It was incredible. The service and hotel staff was fantastic. Everyone was so very nice and humorous. The physical property was of five star character. All employees were very helpful and performed their duties with excellence. I have travelled to, many many different places and feel that I can state this fact truthfully, Again, if you are ever in London you must experience the pleasure of staying at the Chesterfield Hotel.Sincerely, colette

Room Tip: Just call the hotel and let them know what is suitable for you and they will make the magic happen.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. We take pride in our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am thrilled that you felt the staff was helpful and welcoming. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team here. We always try to fulfil our guest’s needs and I am sure other Tripadvisor users will appreciate your tip to contact the hotel in advance so we can ensure other guests have a fantastic stay as well.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Write a ReviewReviews (3,364)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family visited the restaurant of this hotel to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. Everything about this experience was fantastic, starting with the very attentive and friendly staff and not least regarding the excellent quality of the food served for tea.
We were all highly impressed and believe that although this is an expensive place it is well worth the money for a special occasion.
The Chesterfield is a model of a hotel that is smart and luxurious but avoids being snooty.
I will most definitely being going back

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your afternoon tea experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate such a momentous occasion with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am thrilled that we were able to make it so special for you. Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly and attentive staff, I will be sure to share your review and pass on your thanks to all the team here. My Executive Chef will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the quality of the afternoon tea food. Afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed a great treat for any special occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from our trip to London & Paris. We spent there nights at this charming hotel with our 13 year old granddaughter. The service is beyond excellent, the staff is attentive without being intrusive. The location is excellent walking distant to buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, St.James Park and the green park underground. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had the Jr. Suite, there are two bathrooms which was convenient, however the bed for my granddaug...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to thank them on your behalf. I am grateful for your comments about the sofa bed in your room and I have added a note to our profile so that when you next speak to our reservation team, we will be able to offer you an alternative extra bedding option. I am glad that you appreciated our excellent location and how the delights of London are easily accessed by foot or by tube.

I do hope you enjoyed the remainder of your holiday in Paris and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Very friendly welcome on arrival and throughout our stay. Wonderful location for Green Park tube station which we wanted as we were going to watch the tennis at Wimbledon. All the comforts as previous reviewers have stated. Loved the addition of fresh red carnation in bathroom. Continental breakfast at £9.50 disappointed us as we were allowed a piece of fruit, but not the prepared fruit salad! We ate breakfast out on the second morning because of that. Loads of breakfast cafes quite close by of better value. We would stay again though as we enjoyed the quaintness of the hotel, the friendly welcome and the location.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing great feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.
I am pleased that you found us to be in a perfect location. The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed very accessible from Green Park tube station and for guests looking to explore more of London; the tube is a quick and convenient way to visit all the wonders that London has to offer. Or in your case, being fortunate holders of Wimbledon tickets, the Wimbledon courts are a short trip away on the tube.

We offer an express breakfast for people who appreciate picking up a few items before leaving the hotel and this includes a piece of fruit which is easy to pop into a bag for later, I believe this is the breakfast choice you are referring to as our continental breakfast does indeed offer fresh fruit salad. There are indeed many brilliant restaurants and cafes a short distance away and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the variety on offer.

I am delighted that you appreciated the fresh Red Carnation flower in your bathroom. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I am thrilled that you loved this touch.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We spent five wonderful nights in The Chesterfield Mayfair and enjoyed every minute. Located on a lovely quiet street, it is in a brilliant location: an easy walk to shops, Hyde Park, St James Park and Buckingham Palace, and 5 minutes walk to Green Park Station, a junction for 3 underground lines. The neighbourhood was very pleasant and we felt quite safe walking back to the hotel late at night.

The hotel is charming and just as you'd imagine a small luxury hotel on Mayfair should be. The staff at the front desk couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. We would particularly like to compliment the young Australian lady who was just delightful. Our room on the top (7th) floor was beautifully appointed and very quiet, with a wonderfully comfortable bed and pillows. I had read in some reviews that the rooms are on the small side. Ours was absolutely fine and I'd much prefer to stay in a hotel with character and warmth than in a modern chain hotel with larger rooms. If I had to be critical of something, the shower demonstrated the vagaries of old London plumbing, making it difficult to adjust the temperature, but at least it was hot. The dining room was elegant and inviting, with chesterfield furniture, dozens of beautiful white orchids and its walls decorated with many old paintings, all featuring dogs. Breakfasts were fabulous and set us up for the day.

For excellent staff, ambience and comfort, and for such easy access to all we wished to see and experience in London, it was perfect. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and it fulfilled a childhood dream...a hotel on Mayfair.

Room Tip: Our room on 7th (top) floor was excellent, with very efficient elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annejs
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the traditional charm of our hotel; we are proud of our location in the heart of Mayfair and enjoy reflecting the heritage and eccentricities of this great area. Our guests enjoy being so close to the parks, palaces and landmarks of London and then returning to the quiet comfort of Charles Street. Charm does only go so far and I will ask our Chief Engineer to investigate the plumbing on the seventh floor and ensure that the shower in each room is in full working order for future guests.

Thank you for your fantastic description of the dining room, our Restaurant Manager will be pleased to hear that you appreciated the ambience of the room as well as the fine selection of food at breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind words with all the team at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and will thank Maddie, our Australian receptionist, on your behalf.

I am pleased that your childhood dreams did come true and hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Tonight I had an amazing experience at the Chesterfield Mayfair. I came to the bar for a drink and stayed for what was the best champagne I have ever had with food to match. To top it all off I was provided with fantastic service from all the staff especially Antoine and Paul. A great venue which I highly recommend to all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at The Terrace Bar at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the bar to be an amazing experience and that you described our Champagne as the best that you have ever tried. We take time in selecting the fine wines and beverages that we offer here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that the Champagne impressed you. I am pleased that you found the service to be fantastic, as our service is something we take great pride in. I will be sure to share your kind words with Antoine and Paul. Thank you for recommending the Terrace Bar and indeed The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel to all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel for another glass of Champagne at our Terrace Bar.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Perfect hotel if you want to be in a quiet area of London. Close to Green station, Green Park and St. James Park. Excellent service all around from all the staff. Even had sandwiches available in the lounge if you couldn't find a suitable place after a show. We misjudged the time pubs/restaurants close (10:30-11:00pm Monday thru to Sunday)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our great location on a quiet street with great connections around town and that the service you received from all my team was excellent. Thank you for drawing attention to the many options we have for dining at the hotel and if you do want a quick snack in a relaxed location, then we are happy to provide this for you. On your next visit, feel free to speak with concierge who will be happy to share his wealth of knowledge of the area with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.