“A fine hotel for the location and price”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“A fine hotel for the location and price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at the Chesterfield for two nights - excellent value, lovely spot in Mayfair, you really can't get much better, since it's far enough away from the CBD to be quiet in the evenings, but close enough to attack the shops (New Bond Street etc.). The rooms a small-ish (typical of London, so not a criticism really), but clean, bed is comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. Service very friendly (unusual for many London hotels). Recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you found us to be in a perfect location. The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed very accessible to the great shopping areas of London, if you purse can allow it, but also the luxury of being away from all the crowds. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted with your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms and of course the comfort of our beds; nothing is better than a great night’s sleep.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My daughter-in-law, two grown grandchildren and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at the Chesterfield. The food was plentiful and delicious. There were a variety of tasty sandwiches, scones that melted in your mouth with cream and strawberry jam and other sweets. We opted for the champagne which was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their tea. The setting was like an English garden even though it was indoors. We had found the service in other tea places to be somewhat snooty. Not so here! From the moment we walked in the door until we left we were greeted cordially and made to feel very welcome. The service was outstanding. Afternoon tea at the Chesterfield does not seem to be well known but it is worth seeking it out for a charming afternoon.

Room Tip: We had a lovely tea but did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your afternoon tea here at The Chesterfield Mayfair with your daughter-in-law and grandchildren. My Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef will be happy to hear your description of our delicious afternoon tea offering. I am thrilled that you opted for the Champagne afternoon tea; a glass of bubbles is quite a treat along with the mouth watering scones! I am pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant’s beautiful setting and how it evokes a beautiful afternoon in the dappled shade of an English country garden even though we are indoors in central London. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service you encountered and I will be sure to share your kind words with all my team.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I cannot commend the staff enough for the 5star service we received.

We got married next door in Dartmouth House and we had alot of guests staying at the hotel. Everyone commented how brilliant the staff were at the hotel from the doormen to the reception staff all the way to the bar staff. We had a brilliant wedding day and the Chesterfield could not have been more helpful....even repairing the middle button on my waistcoat during the wedding breakfast......nothing was too much to ask.

Also such a lovely touch to have all the staff sign a congratulations card

Thanks again to everyone.

Room Tip: Stanhope Suite is incredible!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose us at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your special day, along with your fellow wedding guests. I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to thank them on your behalf. I am pleased to read that we were able to help in you in your moment of need with your waistcoat button; it is always our pleasure to help! We take pride in our attention to detail at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that you appreciated the congratulations card which all the staff signed for your big day.

Congratulations again to you and your new wife and we hope to welcome you both back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed two nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair and it was fantastic! The service was great, it was perfectly located to view all the sites and for shopping and the rooms were beautiful. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. We take pride in our service and attention to detail and I am thrilled you found our service to be of high standards. I am pleased that you found us to be in the perfect location, away from the crowds but with all of London’s delights just a moments walk away.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We really liked - the helpful and friendly staff; the location (easy walk to the tube and or Oxford Street and Piccadilly); the quality of the room and it's fittings; sleep quality; the mandatory(for us anyhow) G&T in the lounge before dinner.
Can't think of any dislikes.
Tip - take a walk down into Shepherd Market. Entry through an archway (unmarked as I recall) takes you into a warren of narrow streets with cafes and restaurants, couple of pubs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We really appreciate when guest notice our dedication. The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed in an ideal location as many of the delights London has to offer are within walking distance from the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be pleased to hear that you appreciated the room quality and indeed that you had a great nights sleep. I am glad that you had time to enjoy a drink in our atmospheric and cosy Terrace Bar. I am sure fellow Tripadvisor users will appreciate your tip about Shepherds Market. It is a beautiful cobbled area near the hotel where one can explore the local restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

It's a nice little place and if you are used to staying in a huge hotel it's a nice change. The people working there are very nice
and helpful and the food is very good, also they have tea time from 1:30pm to 5:30pm. I had a very nice stay!

Daniel Stockel

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you appreciated the hotel’s boutique atmosphere. The Chesterfield Mayfair is a unique hotel and prides itself on it’s terrific warmth and character. Thank you for your great comments about the high standard of service of standard received, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team. Afternoon tea is indeed served from 1.30pm until 5.30pm and what better way to enjoy an afternoon then with delicious sandwiches, scones and pastries washed down with a refreshing cup of tea!

new orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Chesterfield for five nights. It was incredible. The service and hotel staff was fantastic. Everyone was so very nice and humorous. The physical property was of five star character. All employees were very helpful and performed their duties with excellence. I have travelled to, many many different places and feel that I can state this fact truthfully, Again, if you are ever in London you must experience the pleasure of staying at the Chesterfield Hotel.Sincerely, colette

Room Tip: Just call the hotel and let them know what is suitable for you and they will make the magic happen.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. We take pride in our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am thrilled that you felt the staff was helpful and welcoming. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team here. We always try to fulfil our guest’s needs and I am sure other Tripadvisor users will appreciate your tip to contact the hotel in advance so we can ensure other guests have a fantastic stay as well.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.