The Chesterfield Mayfair
US$358
US$272
Hilton
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotels.com
US$200
US$166
3,557 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketbuckingham palacecharming hotelbond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnejunior suitequiet streetevery member of staffwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We arrived early around 10.30 but how helpful were the reception/check in staff, absolutely the hotel was busy but they found a room for us straight away and with a smile. The room 404 was excellent a good king, very quiet and cool (with London unusually basking in 30C).
Breakfast was included and the dining room was very pleasant as was the breakfast choice, no
rush and bustle, a real character hotel. Very pleasant and helpful staff. The excellent Italian restaurant 'Murano' is just around the corner and nearby Shepherds Market with many pubs and
good restaurants including Lebanese. The hotel is really well situated for shopping and all the sites. All in all we liked this traditional and friendly well run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ByronEdinburgh
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the service that you received from the Reception staff to be fantastic and helpful, as our high standards of service is something we take great pride in. It is great to know we were able to accommodate you with a room earlier in the day; we appreciate how important this is to our guests when the availability allows us. My Food and Beverage Manager will be glad to hear that you appreciated the selection of breakfast items available and that you enjoyed the ambiance of Butlers Restaurant. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our excellent location, with so many pubs and restaurants, including the delightful Muranos, within walking distance of the hotel.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights with another couple. While the rooms vary in quality they appear to be undergoing a refurbishment since the pictures on the website don't match up to what our rooms looked like. In any event, our rooms were fine although somewhat small. One was located on the 4th floor and another on the 5th. Both were reasonably quiet with little road noise or noise from other guests. Given the prices for London accommodation, the prices at The Chesterfield Mayfair are quite reasonable for the quality of the rooms and the service.
The beds are very comfortable with luxurious linens. The bathrooms are quite nice with excellent toiletries. We liked the special touches of a red carnation in the bathrooms. The free Wifi service is a tremendous treat!
While the husbands went out to a nearby pub, my sister and I enjoyed afternoon tea. The waiter was wonderful and he kept bringing more sandwiches and more scones until we eventually had to say "stop". The quality of the food at tea and breakfast was excellent.
Finally, the location is superb. The hotel is just steps away from a number of restaurants in Shepherds Market and is walking distance to just about anything in central London. The Green Park tube station is about 1 minute walk away. You really cannot do better for the price!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank azone

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your three night stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the beds comfortable and that you took pleasure in the toiletries selection. As we are part of The Red Carnation Hotel Group, the red carnation flower is indeed very close to our hearts and I am glad that you appreciated the fresh flower in your bathroom.

Thank you for your comments on the decor, all of our rooms here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel are individually decorated, a delightful quirk which adds to the hotel’s character. If there is a style you see on the website that you like, please mention it to our reservations team and we will help you find the best room for you. Afternoon tea is indeed quite a luxurious affair and I am glad that you were spoilt with continuous offerings of top ups! My Food and Beverage Manager will be happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast as much as afternoon tea.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had booked for a week after a long haul flight hoping for a quiet hotel to catch our breath (after reading the reviews)
So disappointing as this was one of the most uncomfortable week's sleeping.... While the staff and breakfast are faultless, the old rooms are creaky and not well maintained. We booked a luxury room,and then even upgraded to an executive but the noise from others walking round above you or and the one way strret traffic outside just doesn't stop. On the Saturday night we were right next to an Indian wedding venue, felt like we were in the dance floor the music was that loud. And that was out of the hotels control..... We did appreciate the Manager discounting our upgrade on check out and their concern was genuine but the damage was done. We couldn't wait to leave and would not recommend this hotel to travellers wanting a quiet relaxing stay. ( and the place was full of loud Americans)

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kiwiguests
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be outstanding throughout your stay as our service is something we take great pride in. My Food and Beverage Manager will be delighted to hear that you found the breakfast to be faultless; there is no better way to begin the day than with a great hearty breakfast.

I was disappointed to hear that on this occasion we did not meet all of your expectations. The Chesterfield Mayfair is a historic building from the 18th century; this adds a great amount of character to the hotel although this does mean that the rooms may not be as soundproofed as modern structures. I am glad that my Senior Manager was able to offer you some comfort before you left.

I hope we will have the opportunity of restoring your faith in The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Once again we stayed at the Chesterfield and I would stay again and recommend to friends. Just a couple of comments - we found the room to be a in need of a refit with exhaust stains around the air conditioning vent and the some of the furniture being in need of reupholstering. In the restaurant I had reserved a lunch for 5 which went off very well and my guests commented very favourably. Personally, I ordered the duo of salmon as a starter and found both the Irish and the Scottish to be 'rubbery' and possibly past their due dates. One or the other, I cannot remember which, was extremely salty.
Other than this a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am pleased that you chose to join us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair and thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable lunch at Butlers Restaurant with your colleagues. Thank you for your comments regarding the salmon and for bringing the matter to my attention. We pride ourselves in always using fresh ingredients and I will be sure to address this with My Executive Head Chef. I am grateful for you highlighting the issue with the air vent and have personally spoken to my Chief Engineer and he is currently carrying out repairs in your room.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We loved our stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair! The location is superb and the accommodations were outstanding. The traditional full breakfast was a great start to our day and afternoon tea was a highlight for this group from the US. The service, from bellman to wait staff, was beyond attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: Get the suite!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s brilliant location and that you found the accommodation comfortable. My Food and Beverage manager will be happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and that the traditional afternoon tea was the highlight for your group as well. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the staff.