Spent 3 nights mid-week in late July at hotel. Very much an old British feel. Sorry we missed the library hidden on the ground floor, but we spotted the large traditional room the last day. It pays to mosey around a hotel the first day and check things out. The breakfast/dining areas are lovely. There is a great buffet available in the morning besides the usual full English breakfast. There is an elevator, but we used the staircase alone. The hotel is quiet and in a perfect location, just off Berkeley Square, and close to Curzon Street...names right out of an early 19th century romantic novel. Hyde Park (Rotten Row, Serpentine), Green Park, and St James Park are very close walking distance as is the Green Park Underground station. We were able to walk the perimeter of the parks to access most anything we desired to see this visit--Kensington Palace, Harrod's, Buckingham, Westminister. Or for the brave, you can rent bicycles at Barclay's new bicycle 'docking' stations and stay out of the streets nearly entirely. The hotel is about 10 minutes by cab from Paddington Underground/train station if you are coming by Express from Heathrow.
The neighborhood contains several lebanese restaurants which are mostly excellent, as well as a few good italian restaurants. It feels safe and upper end. The staff is very friendly and cooperative. The rooms are small, although you can upgrade, but adequate if you don't plan to spend your vacation inside. Robes, wi-fi, hair dryer, all the usual at this level. The beds are perfect (for me that means not too soft). Blankets are offered to those of us who can't stand 50 lb duvets. Someday, someone must explain this hotel 'phenomenon' to me!)
Hotel rates vary with occupancy, just like airlines. We got a good deal with Expedia earlier in the year, nearly half the going rate. We would go here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London