“excellent personnel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“excellent personnel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Spent 3 nights mid-week in late July at hotel. Very much an old British feel. Sorry we missed the library hidden on the ground floor, but we spotted the large traditional room the last day. It pays to mosey around a hotel the first day and check things out. The breakfast/dining areas are lovely. There is a great buffet available in the morning besides the usual full English breakfast. There is an elevator, but we used the staircase alone. The hotel is quiet and in a perfect location, just off Berkeley Square, and close to Curzon Street...names right out of an early 19th century romantic novel. Hyde Park (Rotten Row, Serpentine), Green Park, and St James Park are very close walking distance as is the Green Park Underground station. We were able to walk the perimeter of the parks to access most anything we desired to see this visit--Kensington Palace, Harrod's, Buckingham, Westminister. Or for the brave, you can rent bicycles at Barclay's new bicycle 'docking' stations and stay out of the streets nearly entirely. The hotel is about 10 minutes by cab from Paddington Underground/train station if you are coming by Express from Heathrow.
The neighborhood contains several lebanese restaurants which are mostly excellent, as well as a few good italian restaurants. It feels safe and upper end. The staff is very friendly and cooperative. The rooms are small, although you can upgrade, but adequate if you don't plan to spend your vacation inside. Robes, wi-fi, hair dryer, all the usual at this level. The beds are perfect (for me that means not too soft). Blankets are offered to those of us who can't stand 50 lb duvets. Someday, someone must explain this hotel 'phenomenon' to me!)
Hotel rates vary with occupancy, just like airlines. We got a good deal with Expedia earlier in the year, nearly half the going rate. We would go here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeanstake
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your great experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose us for your visit to London and that you found the traditional atmosphere of the library an ideal location for relaxing. My Restaurant Manager will be happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet offering, as well as our á la carte hot breakfast menu. I am pleased that you found us to be in the perfect location and that you were able to walk to so many of London’s attractions. It is great to see that you made use of the Barclays rent a bicycle scheme, which has a docking station just beside the hotel, for those attractions that bit further away.

We pride ourselves on our excellent service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure to see that you experienced this from our friendly and helpful staff. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found your room comfortable and that you took pleasure in the complimentary wireless internet, robes and hair dryer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We spent four nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair while vacationing(me and my college age granddaughter). It is a lovely place to stay! The location is a quick walk to Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden, theaters, and all of the shops and attractions. There were also many restaurants, pubs, and small shops nearby. The hotel staff was extremely friendly,helpful and welcoming especially the concierge, Maddie. They really made our stay memorable. We enjoyed afternoon tea and dinner during our stay, both far exceeded our expectations. I would definitely recommend staying here while in London.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pierlady1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you and your granddaughter had a great stay with us here at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am pleased that you found the hotel’s location very convenient for you, with so many of the delights London has to offer within walking distance to the hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly, helpful service that you received. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here, especially Maddie. I am delighted to hear that your afternoon tea and dinner experiences exceeded your expectations.

I truly appreciate you recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel I look forward to welcoming you back.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is my favorite hotel any time we travel to London. Its Mayfair location makes getting around London a snap since it is so close to several Tube stations, parks and other attractions. Many can be visited with just a pleasant walk. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff is the friendliest in London. Be sure to check out the car show rooms around Berkeley Square!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank callen2900
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that The Chesterfield Mayfair has earned the title of your favourite hotel in London. The hotel is ideally located close to several tube stations and parks, which makes getting around London a more manageable task. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable. Thank you for your compliments regarding the friendly service that you received throughout the hotel, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to thank them on your behalf. Berkeley Square has many car show rooms that are definitely worth a look if you would like to window shop and admire or better still if you are looking to make a purchase.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family of four (two teenagers) spent five nights at The Chesterfield while vacationing in London and it was a terrific stay. The hotel is perfectly located if you want get a true feeling for London, away from all the tourists, while still being centrally located to the sights. The hotel is just a few blocks from the Green Park tube station where you can catch the piccadilly and jubilee lines. The Hotel itself was fantastic. The staff could not do enough for you -- helpful, always had smiles on their faces, and very responsive. The decor is "old school" English, which adds to the fun, and the rooms were great -- not huge, but not too small either. We requested two rooms next to each other, and everything was perfectly in order when we arrived. Just a great experience. A few other notes -- the hotel is just a couple blocks to the east of Hyde Park (went for great jogs every morning), as well as a neat little courtyard area (Sheppard's Way i think) where you can find several english pubs and a variety of small ethnic restaurants (italian, lebanese, mexican/polish). We highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank theoreomasters
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you found us to be in a perfect location, away from all the busy tourist areas of London, yet centrally located and close to all the wonderful sights and attractions that London has to offer. The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed very accessible from Green Park, which serves the Piccadilly, Jubilee and Victoria lines.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff at The Chesterfield Mayfair and how they were extremely helpful and always had smiles on their faces. I will be sure to share your thanks will all of the team here. I am glad we were able to allocate your two rooms beside each other and that everything was perfectly in order with your reservation when you arrived. I am sure that other jogger enthusiasts will appreciate you sharing Hyde Park’s proximity to the hotel. The Chesterfield Mayfair also provides jogging maps and complimentary towels and water for those brave enough to risk a morning jog!

I truly appreciate you recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Based on three things we booked a three night stay in a suite: 1. Tripadvisor rating. 2., Red Carnation brand 3. Location. As we hoped the hotel lives up expectation and justifies its rating position near top dog position of hotels in London.

We stayed in the Africa Suite which like most rooms in older buildings in London isn't large by any means. Its quite small for a suite really. Plenty big as a room. The suite has space for a two seater couch, a table and two chairs plus a separate walk-in closet for clothes and the safe. There is a Large wall mounted plasma and a six foot wide comfortable bed. Furnishings and extras all what you would expect at this level - Including a couple of branded umbrellas for the one time it rained. Air con excellent. But for some reason there is an overhead fan that only works when the lights are on.

The bathroom has a separate shower which has good water pressure, but if you are a large person it is a very tight fit! The jacuzzi bath also has a shower, so that might suit some larger people.

Breakfast and lunch/dinner are available in Butler's, the hotel restaurant which is beautifully decorated. Food and service absolutely first class as it was everywhere in the hotel.

A further terrace (indoor) bar and a reading room completed the places we visited during our stay.

the hotel position a 100 yards off Berkely Square in a fairly quiet street and just 5 mins comfortable walk to Green Park underground station and the park opposite. Then it will take you another 5 mins walk through the park to Buckingham Palace in case the Queen has invited you for tea. The hotel is also within a comfortable 10 mins walk of many quality restaurants.

If you want a bit of old English class and lovely surroundings this hotel is perfect.

• Liked — Cleanliness and kit-out
  • Disliked — small shower
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank melwood
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you chose the hotel based on our Trip Advisor reviews and that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at The Chesterfield Mayfair, with the hotel exceeding your expectations. I am sure other Trip Advisor users will benefit from your detailed description of your bedroom and bathroom. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that you appreciated our Chesterfield umbrellas in the room, lucky you only needed to use them the one time during your stay in London!

My Executive Chef will be happy to hear that you found the food to be first class throughout the hotel; Butler’s restaurant is indeed a beautifully decorated restaurant boasting traditional British cuisine. Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received throughout, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team.

Thank you also for highlighting the hotel’s ideal location and how Berkeley Square and Green Park tube station are within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is also only a short walk from Buckingham Palace, great to know once that invitation to tea with the Queen arrives.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

This boutique hotel in Mayfair is the best of what London can offer. It is an elegant, friendly and well positioned hotel with all. Comforts a traveller could want. From the front desk staff who are genuinely welcoming to the breakfast team, everyone seems centered on the guests positive experience. Excellent, strong wifi and a terrific breakfast.
Ideal for business travelers and couples or mature families. Having spent many a night in high prices, gritty London hotels where everything is extra (wifi, breakfast etc) this was a real find.

Room Tip: There are single rooms with single beds which are perfect for one person.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank CJ242
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our boutique hotel and that you found the hotel to be ideally positioned right in the heart of Mayfair. Thank you for your great comments about the high standard of service you received, from the helpful front desk staff to the welcoming breakfast team. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team.

I am glad that you found the breakfast offering terrific and that you appreciated our complimentary WiFi we understand how important internet access is to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Ideally located in central London, just a short stroll to green park.
Traditional hotel with really comfy beds.
Reasonably priced drinks in bar (atmosphere is quite gentleman's club).
Strangely had 2 bathrooms to the one bedroom!? One shower/ loo & one bath / loo, nice though!
Helpful staff

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you found us to be in an ideal location, with Green Park easily accessible from the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the beds to be comfortable; as we all know how important a good night’s sleep is. I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the bar, what a great way to finish off an evening than with a relaxing drink in our cosy Terrace Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.