“Spoiled for honeymoon - amazing service”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #15 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is the kind of hotel that makes you feel like a VIP and not a number.

We were in London for our honeymoon. When I booked, I commented on this and asked that we could hopefully get one bed for the two of us. They went above and beyond. When we booked in, not only did they give us a MAJOR upgrade but we were greeted in the room by congratulations champagne, cupcakes and a lovely card signed by several individual staff of the hotel.

Our room was stunning, the whole hotel seemed to be so unique and tradition, just beautiful. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with everything.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on our last night and I was feeling very sick to my stomach and they sent everything up for us. There wasn't anything they weren't willing to do.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for outstanding service and a hotel with some character.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield
Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure that you had a wonderful and memorable experience and felt like VIPs from the moment you arrived.

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled to know that we were able to add to your special occasion. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and that you appreciated the room’s high standard of decor. Thank you for your kind words regarding the remarkable service you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure you pass on your thanks to all my team here.
Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to in the future.

Oliver Raggett

Write a ReviewReviews (3,427)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This stay was booked directly through the hotel website. Breakfast was included at no extra cost (as a promotion) and had the option of room delivery, which was a nice touch. The hotel is all about old-world charm and excellent service. For it's cost and location, I don't think you can do any better in Mayfair. As a base to explore the local area from, it's perfect.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cull B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Booking directly with the hotel, via our website or by contacting the hotel itself, guarantees the best rates for our guests and gives us the opportunity to introduce ourselves to our guests and I am glad that you found this way of booking to be convenient and hassle free. I am delighted that you appreciated being able to enjoy breakfast from the comfort of your room for no added cost. We pride ourselves on our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am thrilled that our high standard of service as well as the traditional and warm character of our hotel has left a lasting impression with you. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

After a most enjoyable visit in June 2013, this hotel was our automatic choice for another trip in September. When I advised that I would be travelling with a bike (and it's large travel-case) the hotel management was only too accommodating. We were greeted like old friends on arrival, and treated the same way for the duration of our stay. It's perhaps unfair too single out specific staff members, as there are so many staff who guests don't get to meet. That said, my review would be incomplete without commending Cosmin doorman (is that the correct position title?), Fatou in Reception, and concierge the irrepressible Chris. No request is any trouble for these people, and it's all done with a smile. It's also a compliment to General Manager Oliver Raggett to be able to elevate hotel service to this level. We don't profess to be the most travelled couple in the land, but across the various hotels, 2-star to 5-star, we've stayed in we have never encountered service as outstanding as that provided by the Chesterfield Hotel Mayfair.
I recently decided my Tripadvisor reviews should not give 5 stars, as there's always something that can be done better. But this place deserves 5 stars, and I'd give them 6 stars for service quality and consistency.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gonzodeaddog
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your brilliant experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to return to the hotel after a previous visit and that we were able to assist you with keeping your bike safe during your stay. People visit London for a variety of reasons and we are always interested in finding out how we can assist our guests to get the most out of their stay.

We pride ourselves on our excellent service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure to see that you experienced this from our friendly and helpful staff. As I mentioned on your last visit, we will always strive to achieve perfection! I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here, especially Cosmin, Fatou and Chris.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair. This is a fine hotel in a very nice area and we enjoyed well-needed rest and sleep at this location. I thought the breakfast was also very good at this hotel. We did not eat there except for a snack in the bar - which was also fine. It is not far from the Green Park tube, and it is also well-located for walking out.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine in this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorCalresident

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Thank you for highlighting the area that the hotel is located in. Mayfair is still quite a residential area and the hotel is tucked away on a side street but still benefits from being within walking distance to the wonderful restaurants, bars and shops that the area has to offer, as well as being close to Green Park station. My Executive Chef will be pleased to know that you enjoyed a tasty breakfast to begin your day as we provide a fine selection to tempt every traveller. I am delighted to read that our comfortable mattresses allowed you to enjoy a great night’s sleep here at the hotel and that you departed from The Chesterfield Mayfair feeling well rested and refreshed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

From the moment I walked through the door every member of the staff, almost intuitively, met every need I had for my entire four day stay.

In advance of my arrival I spoke to a member of the staff regarding an early check in since my flight landed at 8am from the US. They apologized that they were "fairly booked" but would make their best effort. I was quite surprised to enter the hotel at 9:45 to find a room already waiting for me.

Since I've never been to London, I had no idea where anything was ... Tony, a member of the Concierge staff, could not have been more helpful. For guidance about town to restaurant selections Tony was immensely helpful. And, he seemed to remember my preferences from one day to the next ... I was wondering if he kept notes!

I was in room 316 ... Nothing splendid about the view ... But that was understood at check in (along with an offer to wait two hours for a similar room with a view), but the furnishings and decor were so nice ... And with the oddities to the physical shape of the room, the layout was quite nice ... Comfortable in every respect.

The location turned out to be central to all of my business needs ... as well as very well located for many of the most important sites, monuments, and a wide variety of shopping districts. Being an explorer I walked to many of my activities ... With ease thanks to Tony ... I really didn't need the map.

When I return to London ... Either for business or pleasure, this property will be at the top of my list. My thanks to the entire staff for a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a memorable stay with us and that you found everything during your stay to be perfect. I am thrilled to learn that we were able to have a room ready for you when you arrived early. We understand how travelling through the night can be tiring and when availability allows us we are happy to have a bed awaiting our weary travellers.

I am delighted that Tony, our concierge was able to assist you with restaurant recommendations and directions, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to him. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy that you found our rooms to be comfortable and the decor to be of high standards. The hotel’s location is ideal for visiting the main sights of London and with the helpful guide of Tony I am glad that you found everything so accessible from the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is terrific! Beautifully appointed, impeccable service, and a great location. Sabine at the front desk is so kind and considerate. The concierge goes above and beyond to help the guests. Great breakfast and terrific bar at night. The appointments in the hotel are lovely. The rooms are beautiful. I absolutely would stay at this hotel on any future trips to London.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, especially Sabine and the concierge. We really appreciate when guest notice our dedication. The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed in an ideal location as many of the delights London has to offer are within walking distance from the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be pleased to hear that you appreciated the room quality and I am glad that you enjoyed our atmospheric and cosy Terrace Bar. I am thrilled to hear that you were impressed with the traditional decor of the hotel and that it added to the boutique, warm feeling of The Chesterfield Mayfair.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were in town for a wedding celebration party at a venue next to the hotel, so the location couldn't have been any better, but even for a general visitor it's place in the heart of Mayfair means it's easy to get anywhere around the center of London.
The staff were very welcoming on arrival. Although our room wasn't available until the 2pm normal check-in time, the reception staff got everything organized and luggage stored so that we were ready to go once we got back from lunch. They even found out that the wedding party was for us and sent a complementary bottle of champagne to our room, which was very welcome.
The room itself, while a little on the small side, was very well appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable (we slept well despite the jet lag!) Breakfast was included in our rate and was fairly substantial, with plenty of choice between cooked or cold buffet.
It's definitely not the cheapest hotel in London, but certainly value for money considering the location and service on offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a great stay with us. I am pleased to know that the location was so convenient for you and that you did not have far to walk to the wedding celebrations. Thank you for your kind words regarding the warm welcome that you received. I am glad that you were able to go out and enjoy your lunch knowing that we were taking good care of your luggage for you.

My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that the room had everything you might need and that you slept well. I am thrilled to hear that you appreciated the bottle of Champagne in your room as it is important to mark these special occasions.