My wife and I brought our 11 year old granddaughter to London for her birthday. The hotel had a very nice gift bag for her upon arrival, We had inquired about a roll away bed for our granddaughter but we were notified that two adults and a child must book a junior suite at the minimum. So we booked a junior suite. When we arrived in our room there was only one bed and no sofa that could be made into a bed, only a very small sitting area with two wicker type chairs. I assumed that they would bring in a temporary child size bed for the evening. When we returned to our room there was no second bed. I called the front desk to ask about this and was told that they thought we could all sleep in the one bed and there was no room for another. I observed that if they intended for us to stay in one bed, that we could certainly could have booked a regular room with one bed and saved a substantial amount. So on our first night, after a long day of travel from Los Angeles, we all tried to sleep in the same bed. The next morning I expressed my displeasure to the manager and was told that they would move us to a different junior suite with a second bed. This room was acceptable. I surmised that our first room was like the "Old Maid" that they give to anyone they think might not complain and then switch if they do complain. If you are booking a room for 3 people who do not expect to be bed mates all, be sure to insist before you arrive that you want two beds. I was worried that Trip Advisor had let me down with this recommendation.
The balance of the stay, however, was fine. The Chesterfield is located across the street from the Saudi Embassy and a block from Berkley Square. We could walk to the Changing of the Guard and some really great shopping. The restaurant is pleasant and serves a delicious breakfast. The lobby is traditional, warm and inviting. We felt like we were entering an exclusive private club every time we walked through the front door. We would stay here again but would pay much closer attention to the room they try to put us in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London