“Lovely Afternoon Tea not to be missed”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We--my husband and I--stayed at Chesterfield during the second part of our honeymoon in April 2013. We had previously stayed at The Arch London and wanted to try something different for a few days. Opting for a weekend package that included afternoon tea, we had excellent service during our stay. With a doorman that always helped us with the door when returning with our shopping bags, I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful service. We stayed in the Classic Double room--the smallest. But the space was more than enough for the 2 of us during our stay. The best part undoubtedly was the Afternoon Tea. My husband and I spent our Sunday afternoon enjoying their pastries and tea for over 2 hours. Certainly something not to be missed! The nearest tube is Green Park and is a 10-minute walk from the hotel. However, we had no trouble finding our way around. The hotel is located conveniently in Mayfair and we walked most of the way. I loved the time we spent in Chesterfield!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeckyBenett
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that the brilliant service that you received at the hotel has left a lasting impression with you. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here, especially our doorman who is always smiling and waiting to welcome all guests to the hotel. Our award winning afternoon tea is a great way to spend an afternoon, sipping on tea and sampling the cakes and pastries created by our Executive Chef and I am glad that you got to experience it.

I hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had read good reports about the Chesterfield and had high expectations for our stay.
Checkin was polite and efficient, our bags were taken to the room whilst we headed shopping.
On our return we were slightly dissapointed with our room. Smaller than imagined but it was nicely laid out and looked comfortable. Unfortunately there were noticeable stains on the curtains and loose furnishings which gave the impression of being dirty. The bathroom tiling was also very tired and in need of attention.
I was also dissapointed that the Kingsize bed was actually two singles together, not mentioned on the website. This would have been bearable with a topper matress but there wasn't one. And when we finally retired my side of the bed squeaked at every movement.
I understand that the Chesterfield has that old charm and some things can be forgiven but these were basic faults.
There appears to be no dress code for the restuarant either, on our second day we were sat next to a young couple for breakfast. The lady was in her dressing gown and slippers and her partner in a onesy.
The service is very good and the staff both helpful and polite,I can see why people find this hotel charming but for me the basics come first, good service is not enough on its own.
Would not return.

8  Thank RichieLloyd66
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Hello,

I stayed here over a Saturday and Sunday night - had 3 rooms for friends on the Saturday.

I asked for an upgrade if available on the Saturday night for my Girlfriends 21st, and after paying the surcharge was moved to the 'African Suite' Very strange room ... not quite a suite I expected !

Also payments have been messed up so I've been charged double and have been told its gonna take 10 days to get it back.

Polite staff, 'ok decor', had much better experiences elsewhere

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank RoscoFaulkes

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel for your weekend break with your friends and I hope that you had an enjoyable weekend.

Each of the rooms at The Chesterfield Mayfair are individually decorated and we pride ourselves on being able to match our guests to rooms that reflect the atmosphere of the area. I am sorry to learn that on this occasion the room did not meet your expectations and I have requested that my reception team offer to show rooms to guests who are considering upgrading.

Whilst I am glad to know that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful, please accept my apologies for any delay in releasing the pre-payment that was taken when you arrived at the hotel. It is standard procedure to hold the total amount of the stay on your credit card upon arrival with this amount being released when the bill is settled at check out. I have personally spoken to my Front Office Manager to ensure further training is carried out so the difficulties that you experienced do not reoccur.

I hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have been to your hotel for 3 days visit with my fiancee. The staff at the Chesterfield Mayfair hotel is extremely warm and welcoming, especialy Mr. Eddine Abdellahi who was friendly and helpful to us. Everyone in the hotel was eager to help and had a wonderful attitude.The actual hotel was beautiful. Loved the location and the look of the hotel. We loved having a nightcap in the bar. It was a great way to relax after a long day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oknu59

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that you appreciated the cosy and friendly atmosphere of the hotel. I am glad to know that you felt the service was excellent and that the staff were very attentive and helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I love this part of London as it is so convenient for everywhere but this was the first time I have stayed in the Chesterfield and it certainly won't be my last.
Firstly all the staff we came into contact with were extremely friendly, helpful and always had a smile (it's a small thing but make such a difference to the feel of a place).
Everything about the place seems designed and furnished to make you feel comfortable and at home in your surroundings without going over the top. This is a beautiful and refined part of London, the Chesterfield reflects this.
The room was a good size with a lovely big bed. The bathroom, whilst not huge, was good. My partner was particularly happy with the powerful shower after a hard days shopping.
We ordered room service one night, which was with us within 30 minutes. Everything was very tasty, perfectly cooked and good sized portions.
I know there are cheaper places to stay in London but if you want easy access to the mayhem of shopping in Oxford and Regent Street or or the calm of shopping in Bond Street and the surrounding area. If you want the heady nightlife of Soho or the cosy village atmosphere of the pubs and restaurants around Shepherd Market (just around the corner off Curzon St). If you want to take in a show ("Once" at the Phoenix Theatre is fantastic. Never enjoyed a show as much as this before) or see the sights, this hotel gives you the perfect base to do it all from. We never used the tube once as everything is within walking distance (or a very short cab ride).
So thank you to everyone at the Chesterfield Mayfair for making it one of the best trips to London my partner and I have had.
We look forward to staying with you again soon.

Room Tip: We had a superior king room that was on the corner of the 3rd floor. We were not bothered by any noi...
2  Thank JulianRD
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that The Chesterfield Mayfair contributed to such an enjoyable time in London. I am thrilled to learn that you found the staff to be friendly and caring and that you truly felt at home in the hotel.
Mayfair is the perfect London location for a busy weekend of shopping and sight seeing and the hotel is conveniently located in the hub of all the action. I am glad that you enjoyed room service from the comfort of your own room and by the sound of it you needed a relaxing night in of delicious comfort food after all you day’s activities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the Mayfair Suite and would find it very hard to fault. The room has the all the fixture and fittings you would want including a bang up to date technology. Lots and lots of very nice little extras including a hand written personalised welcome note from the Hotel Manager. The staff put a lot of effort in going that extra mile to exceed even my high
expectation. Attentive but not over bearing. I can really recommend a stay and will be returning there before anywhere else. Well Done The Chesterfield.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Dale681917

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the fine decor of The Mayfair Suite as well as the extra touches that I am glad to know added to your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the professional and willing staff here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I will be sure to share your thoughtful words with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a fabulous Hotel - perfect location, 2 mins walk from Piccadilly, 10 mins from Oxford and Regent Streets. Buckingham Palace and the Royal Parks are also just 5 mins away, so for both shopping and sightseeing it cant be beaten.

The staff are the best I've ever experienced, from Maddie and Letitia on reception through to Manos in the bar, you are made to feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble.

You feel as though you are in your own private club, which is so refreshing compared to the anonymous chains - it really is the staff that make such a difference to your stay.

Our bedroom was so quiet and comfortable, and I particularly enjoyed the "Jacuzzi Bath".!!

So if you want to stay in a Hotel that has fantastic staff, rooms and location the Chesterfield Mayfair simply can't be beaten.

2  Thank Paulwiganttc

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you found us to be in an ideal location, with many of London’s main attractions only a short walk away from the hotel, making sightseeing and shopping in the city a more enjoyable activity.

We pride ourselves on our personal and friendly service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am delighted that you felt well looked after by our motivated staff. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here, especially Letitia, Maddie and Manos. I am thrilled that you appreciated the warm and cosy atmosphere of our boutique hotel and that The Chesterfield Mayfair has left such a lasting impression with you.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.