The Chesterfield Mayfair
US$279
US$238
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$199
US$232
US$205
CrownePlaza.com
US$300
US$274
  • Pool
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$1,266
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
3,544 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketbuckingham palacecharming hotelbond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnejunior suitequiet streetevery member of staffwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed last weekend at the Chesterfield and cannot express how lovely this place is. The building, the rooms the staff, the afternoon tea, the breakfast, the service - all exceptional. We chose to stay for 2 nights on the Mayfair weekend package which included breakfast, a bottle of champagne and afternoon tea for 2.

I emailed ahead to ask for one of the recently refurbished rooms and am glad I did as it was roomy and very well presented. The bathroom was nice with soft towels and a good shower/bath. The room was well equipped with an iron/ironing board, hairdryer, robes, slippers etc. It even had a drawer full of stationary including sellotape! Very handy for business visitors I guess. The bed was excellent... One of the best hotel beds I have ever stayed in!

We took afternoon tea on the first day and this was very nice (although not good if you are on a diet!). The tea's were fantastic (especially the Willy Wonka Chocolate Tea, try this without milk) and the cakes and scones were heavenly.

The breakfast was very good with a good buffet selection followed by a choice of something on the menu. I had an English Breakfast and the Smoked Salmon and Eggs on a bagel - both were very very nice! The service was good on the first morning and average on the second (although that particular staff member seemed new?).

We were given an anniversary card signed by the manager and some of the staff and a cupcake with happy anniversary written on it which was a nice touch!

The location is excellent and is a short walk to many great restaurants in Mayfair. It is a 5-10 minute walk New Bond Street and Regent Street for shopping and 5 minutes to Park Lane.

All in this hotel goes the extra mile for it's guests and deserves a 5 star rating, I understand why this is rated so highly on Trip Advisor and will certainly be returing!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 416 which is newly refurbished. Not massive, but big enough!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your anniversary and I am glad that we were able to add to the special occasion. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to speak to you prior to your arrival and that the room we chose for you exceeded your expectations and that it was well equipped, right down to our complete stationery kit. We value the importance of a good night’s rest and I am glad that you had such a peaceful sleep at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am thrilled that you indulged in our afternoon tea and found the pastries and scones to be delicious and that you were able to wash them down with our exclusive blend of chocolate tea. We understand how essential a good breakfast is to start the day and I am happy that our fresh and varied buffet and our breakfast menu offered you many tasty choices. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and willing to help; I will be sure to thank them on your behalf.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have just returned from weekend stay at the hotel. The hotel is very centrally located (about 5 minutes from Green Park on the Picadilly line) but on a quiet street so there is not much ambient noise when you are trying to sleep. I booked a single knowing the room would be small and it was but it was very nicely furnished and had everything I needed. I found the bed to be quite comfortable. The tolietries included: shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower gel, and lotion. Each night I was left bath salts or bubble bath with the turn down service.

The check in was very efficient - I arrived a little before noon and my room was not ready, they happily stored my luggage and I was able to head out to explore. When I returned around 3pm they had already moved my suitcase to my room. Departure was equally as efficient and having called down just before I headed down they had a cab waiting for me.

I enjoyed afternoon tea at the hotel. The selection of sandwiches and pastries were tasty and the presentation very nice as well. Although no one stopped by to check on me after the tea and food were delivered which I thought was a bit odd.

My only complaint was that the Wifi signal in my room (413) was very weak. My iPhone could not pick up the signal at all and my tablet could only pick up the weak signal and dropped it frequently. The signal was quite strong in the lobby and resturaunt though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that the hotel’s location was so convenient for you; central yet tucked away in a peaceful corner in Mayfair. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be well appointed and that you appreciated the range of toiletries offered in your room as well as the extra touches added at turn down.

I am delighted to hear that the reception team ensured that you were warmly welcomed to the hotel and that we were able to anticipate your needs by making sure a taxi was waiting for you on your departure. The afternoon tea selection at The Chesterfield Mayfair is delicious and I am glad that you too enjoyed the experience and that it has left a lasting impression on you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We--my husband and I--stayed at Chesterfield during the second part of our honeymoon in April 2013. We had previously stayed at The Arch London and wanted to try something different for a few days. Opting for a weekend package that included afternoon tea, we had excellent service during our stay. With a doorman that always helped us with the door when returning with our shopping bags, I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful service. We stayed in the Classic Double room--the smallest. But the space was more than enough for the 2 of us during our stay. The best part undoubtedly was the Afternoon Tea. My husband and I spent our Sunday afternoon enjoying their pastries and tea for over 2 hours. Certainly something not to be missed! The nearest tube is Green Park and is a 10-minute walk from the hotel. However, we had no trouble finding our way around. The hotel is located conveniently in Mayfair and we walked most of the way. I loved the time we spent in Chesterfield!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeckyBenett

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that the brilliant service that you received at the hotel has left a lasting impression with you. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here, especially our doorman who is always smiling and waiting to welcome all guests to the hotel. Our award winning afternoon tea is a great way to spend an afternoon, sipping on tea and sampling the cakes and pastries created by our Executive Chef and I am glad that you got to experience it.

I hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had read good reports about the Chesterfield and had high expectations for our stay.
Checkin was polite and efficient, our bags were taken to the room whilst we headed shopping.
On our return we were slightly dissapointed with our room. Smaller than imagined but it was nicely laid out and looked comfortable. Unfortunately there were noticeable stains on the curtains and loose furnishings which gave the impression of being dirty. The bathroom tiling was also very tired and in need of attention.
I was also dissapointed that the Kingsize bed was actually two singles together, not mentioned on the website. This would have been bearable with a topper matress but there wasn't one. And when we finally retired my side of the bed squeaked at every movement.
I understand that the Chesterfield has that old charm and some things can be forgiven but these were basic faults.
There appears to be no dress code for the restuarant either, on our second day we were sat next to a young couple for breakfast. The lady was in her dressing gown and slippers and her partner in a onesy.
The service is very good and the staff both helpful and polite,I can see why people find this hotel charming but for me the basics come first, good service is not enough on its own.
Would not return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank RichieLloyd66
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Hello,

I stayed here over a Saturday and Sunday night - had 3 rooms for friends on the Saturday.

I asked for an upgrade if available on the Saturday night for my Girlfriends 21st, and after paying the surcharge was moved to the 'African Suite' Very strange room ... not quite a suite I expected !

Also payments have been messed up so I've been charged double and have been told its gonna take 10 days to get it back.

Polite staff, 'ok decor', had much better experiences elsewhere

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank RoscoFaulkes

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel for your weekend break with your friends and I hope that you had an enjoyable weekend.

Each of the rooms at The Chesterfield Mayfair are individually decorated and we pride ourselves on being able to match our guests to rooms that reflect the atmosphere of the area. I am sorry to learn that on this occasion the room did not meet your expectations and I have requested that my reception team offer to show rooms to guests who are considering upgrading.

Whilst I am glad to know that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful, please accept my apologies for any delay in releasing the pre-payment that was taken when you arrived at the hotel. It is standard procedure to hold the total amount of the stay on your credit card upon arrival with this amount being released when the bill is settled at check out. I have personally spoken to my Front Office Manager to ensure further training is carried out so the difficulties that you experienced do not reoccur.

I hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.