“Exceptional service, very friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #11 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional service, very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed one night at Chesterfield Hotel, celebrating my husband's birthday. We found the staff very friendly in all areas most helpful and polite, they were all very friendly and made our stay a very pleasant one: they took the time to sign a birthday card and leave it with a pretty cupcake in the room, it was a lovely surprise when we returned in the afternoon. We were able to take advantage of the Boomer breakfast offer (it was was delicious and there was plenty of food available at 10.30 on Sunday). The hotel also looked very pretty with all the Xmas decorations up. It's in a great location not far from Green Park where we were able to stroll before returning home. We hope to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 253Elly
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of you stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to celebrate your husband’s birthday with us and that we were able to add to the special occasion. I am delighted that you found the staff to be welcoming and helpful and that they made you feel right at home in our boutique hotel. We take great pride in our attention to detail and I am glad that you appreciated your birthday surprises. Christmas has truly arrived at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am thrilled that you felt part of the festive spirit with our wonderful decorations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Devon UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Always a delight to visit the Chersterfield. The ambiance is relaxed, genteel and serene, the staff are attentive and its all about the personal touch. I visit the Chesterfield twice a year for conferences and it is reassuring to know that some things just dont change.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you have returned to the hotel and once again enjoyed the boutique and friendly atmosphere of The Chesterfield Mayfair. We take great pride in our service and I am delighted to know that you appreciated the personal care, consistency and professionalism of my staff; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them all.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield a Mayfair in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed here last week for my wedding night. The staff were just so accommodating, to a level you simply don;t get in the big brash modern hotels. When we returned from our wedding there was a bottle of champagne, cupcakes and a card form the staff in the room. Where else do you get that? Oh, and we were upgraded to a suite as well.

Bathroom was excellent, shower coming out of the ceiling and a very deep bath. Elemis freebies.

I can not recommend this place highly enough for a special occasion. We'll be back for our first wedding anniversary. Thank you!

Room Tip: tell them it's a special occasion!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you chose to spend your wedding night with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that you had a wonderful and memorable experience with us.

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled to know that we were able to add to your special occasion with a few little extras to help you celebrate in style. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and that you appreciated the luxurious bath tub and the Elemis products.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your anniversary.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Compared to the huge chain hotels that business travellers will often find themselves in The Chesterfield is a bit smaller and more intimate. It has a certain 'old world' charm that you don't quite get from a big Hilton or Sofitel.

It is an excellent location for anyone doing business in the West End / Mayfair part of town, but would also be a prime spot for a tourist stay.

The room I had was fine, and ticked all the main boxes: a comfortable bed, wifi etc. But it was rather small (not a room you could spend too much time in without feeling a bit claustrophobic) and woefully lacking in sound-proofing (I heard my neighbour's phone call back home to his wife in splendid clarity).

Breakfast was good, though the server got my order wrong, which was unfortunate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Mike1066188644
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you admired the intimate and traditional atmosphere of our boutique hotel and that you felt at home in the comfortable surroundings. Whilst I am pleased to learn that you found the bed to be comfortable and appreciated the complimentary wireless internet in your room, please accept my apologies for the mix up with your breakfast order. I have asked my Restaurant Manager to remind the staff to listen carefully and ensure accuracy.

As a boutique hotel we have a variety of room categories and layouts, I would highly recommend contacting our reservations team directly when planning your next visit and they will be able to match you with the best room for your requirements.

Thank you for your honest feedback, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience and improve the services we offer our guests.

Behind Harrods
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I usually feel like a stranger in a hotel. I did not here. Stayed 10 nights in two separate visits with rooms on the 7th floor. Staff was friendly but courteous. Bar has very good atmosphere. Library useful for discrete conversations. Breakfast was very good in restaurant. Room service was also good including food, though trays are very difficult to get out the door. The room was comfortable and but a little small especially if your are portly as I am. Bathroom was cramped and that's about my only compliant! Attention to detail which seems to the hallmark of the Red Carnation group was remarkable. It is the little things that count! Scotch tape and office supplies so if you need to work in your room you can. Recharging my Ipad in reception. Umbrellas for rain or drizzle. Interestingly, the fire alarm rang while staying. Staff were efficient and quick to ascertain that the alarm was false. Even then two fire engines showed up within 10 minutes! Finally a tip to those arriving at Heathrow. Take the fast train to Paddington and then a cab ....you should be at your hotel within 30 minutes of leaving the Airport and right smack in the centre of town with Palace, Parks and shops all within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am thrilled that you felt so warmly welcomed and that you felt at home at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. My Food and Beverage Manager will be happy to hear that you appreciated the cosy atmosphere of the Terrace Bar and that you found the breakfast in Butler’s Restaurant to be delicious and of a good variety. The Library is an ideal spot in the hotel to relax with a newspaper or indeed to hold a small meeting.

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that you were thankful for the little touches such as cotton pads and buds in the bathroom, stationery in the drawers, as well as the umbrella we unfortunately must always have at the ready with London’s weather. I am sure that other Tripadvisor users will appreciate your tip on the best way to travel to the hotel from Heathrow Airport, the hotel is conveniently located a short taxi ride away from Paddington Station; in no time at all from leaving the airport you can be relaxing in one of our comfortable rooms.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Just spent two wonderful days at this hotel and couldn't fault it. An initial difference between our booking agency and the type of room booked, resulted in the most generous upgrade to a fabulous suite, Bed linen was of the highest quality, towels and robes the thickest and fluffiest imaginable and a fantastic supply of lovely Elemis bath goodies made us feel completely spoilt.
Breakfast was excellent - really good coffee - and brought to our room by a most charming girl. The service throughout the hotel was immaculate and really welcoming. Can't wait to save up our pennies for another visit!

Room Tip: Our room was on the fifth floor and very quiet but not sure which way we were facing. All rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this terrific review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were so impressed with the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to learn that you appreciate the high quality of linen and toiletries that we use in the rooms, especially the luxurious bathrobes.

I am also glad to know that you found the breakfast to be delightful and the coffee to be exactly what you needed to begin your day. Thank you for highlighting the friendly and warm service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to share your thoughtful words with my team.

Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I love this hotel. I come to London a lot, and I always end up back at this hotel. It's friendly, it's cute, I love the location in Mayfair. I love the bathtubs, which I always lounge in. I love the friendly staff. I love the Red Carnation way of giving you a special treat every night--sometimes it's a chocolate, sometimes it's some bath salts. I'm not over-the-top in love with their room service menu, but you've never seen a group of people hustle up to your room faster. On top of this, it always seems to have rooms going at a really fair price. I stayed once at Hotel 41, a five-star Red Carnation in London and the experience and service left much to be desired. The chef there doesn't know how to poach an egg! So, yeah, the four-star Chesterfield is the place to be.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent relaxing stay with us; that you were able to unwind in our luxurious bath tubs and that you took advantage of our efficient room service team and dined from the comfort of you own room. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am thrilled to learn that you looked forward to discovering the special treat the house keeping team left for you on your pillow each night. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly service that you experienced during your stay; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the entire team here.

I look forwarding to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.