“Clubby comfort in Mayfair”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #15 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I live round the corner from this hotel and love walking by the charming gents that stand out front. We had relatives in town and needed some "overflow" room at the house and checked in for two nights at the Chesterfield. This hotel has a comfortable, clubby feel throughout. The front desk and restaurant staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms were somewhat small, but efficient and quite comfortable. The room was absolutely silent, which is no small thing in central London. The location is phenomenal and most central London attractions are within walking distance. I'm trying to think of another reason to stay at the Chesterfield for a few nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank APassportAffair
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that we welcomed one of our Mayfair neighbours to stay with us and that you had a memorable time here. We enjoy creating a warm and cosy atmosphere in our boutique hotel and I am thrilled that you felt at home with us. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you slept soundly in our comfortable beds and that you appreciated the tranquil environment. We take great pride in our high standards of service and I am glad that you experienced our caring and professional staff; I will be sure to pass on your comments to the front desk and reception staff.

I hope you will soon find another reason to join us and I look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again.

Oliver Raggett

Write a ReviewReviews (3,427)

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Location: Mayfair: perfect for a 5 night stay. Early check in a huge bonus after 24hours of flying.
Room: No 506. At first it seemed quite small, but as you unpack, you realize that there is actually quite a lot of storage, and plenty of hanging space and bag storage for 2 people on a 5 week winter trip.
The room overlooked the rear of the hotel, and was very quite. There was an "outlook" from the window, but we wouldn't call it a view.
There was tea, coffee making, free cookies, and daily bottled water.
Bathroom had great floor heating, and daily toiletries.
Restaurant: we only ate breakfasts at the hotel.... And they were fantastic !
From fresh beetroot juice to whiskey infused porridge to plain bacon and eggs. There was a huge selection.
Staff: Smiles everywhere. Polite and helpful....the staff really helped make this place special.
Summary: Absolutely enjoyable !

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank davlynski

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you appreciated us having your room ready for you prior to check in time; we understand how our luxurious beds would appear very appealing to you after an exhausting flight. Our rooms offer plenty of storage and I am glad you were able to pack away all of your belongings comfortably after your long trip. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed being able to make tea and coffee from the comfort of your own room and that you appreciated all the other amenities as well from our under floor heating in the bathroom to the complimentary biscuits that accompanied your tea.

My Restaurant Manager will be happy to hear that you found the breakfast to be delicious and varied from our healthy beetroot juice to the added touch of whiskey with the porridge. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be welcoming and friendly and that they added to your enjoyment of your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have recently returned from a one night stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair. This was our second visit, the first being several years ago.

My husband has a very short memory when it comes to holidays and so it was a surprise when he suggested we stay at “the place that did the best fried eggs I’ve ever had in a hotel!” I knew he meant the Chesterfield Mayfair! This visit was unfortunately a short one to attend an evening party in a nearby hotel. We really just needed a bed for the night but decided to treat ourselves to this hotel.

We arrived before 10 a.m. to drop off our luggage and were offered a room immediately, which was great as it meant we could sort ourselves out before spending time in London sightseeing. We had booked a superior double room. Our room faced the road which we liked and was very quiet. In face we heard no noise at all from anywhere. The room was geared to business travellers and provided an excellent range of office “bits and pieces” as well as large desk area. Had we been staying longer we would have asked for a room with 2 chairs as we are leisure travellers and enjoy sitting reading when on holiday.

The bathroom had an excellent shower but a teeny tiny bath. I am 5 foot 4 inches tall and had to bend my knees, so no hope of a long relaxing soak! Sadly I am nearly 5 foot 4 inches wide too (OK slight exaggeration) so there was a moment of semi panic when I realised that getting out was not so easy!!!! Hmmm perhaps that should be my New Year’s Resolution. Maybe there are longer baths in other rooms.

The room had a safe but it was on the floor of the wardrobe at an angle. We needed to do a double act holding the torch on my phone to read the instructions!

Our room rate included breakfast – of course, since we were only there really to check out the fried eggs! My husband was delighted to find out that the full English breakfast was as good as he remembered. We have had some wonderful breakfasts in many lovely hotels across the world and are happy to say that the breakfast at the Chesterfield Mayfair is up there with the best of them. Perfect in every way. The restaurant looked lovely too, decked out in Christmas finery, as did the foyer with the beautiful Christmas tree and Gingerbread house.

The doorman was very helpful and courteous as were the staff on the front desk.

The only slight niggle we had was when I tried to book the hotel. I noticed that the Boomers offer included breakfast but was the same price as the best rate offer on the hotel’s website (using the ad box at the top of the Google search) which advertised:

EXCLUSIVE OFFER - ENJOY FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST WITH OUR COMPLIMENTS
Stay at The Chesterfield Hotel in Mayfair where traditional hospitality and courtesy effortlessly meet 21st-century standards of comfort and technology to ensure a most memorable experience. We are offering guests choosing to book directly with us our legendary Full English breakfast at no additonal cost when booking our Best Available Rate. This works out at a £22.00 saving per person and is, without question, the best way to start your day! Book with confidence that you won't find this offer anywhere else!

I rang the hotel assuming that this was what was meant by booking direct. The lady on the desk quoted a room price that was considerably more that the web price. She said her system didn’t show the web price that I was looking at on screen during our conversation. She also didn’t know what the benefit was of taking the Boomers package since it appeared that everybody can get free breakfast. All very confusing. In the end she suggested that I put the phone down and book on line, which I did!

In summary this is a lovely hotel in a great and quiet part of London. We would recommend it unreservedly and hope that one day we may return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank strumble
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share this informative review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that your previous stay left such a lasting impression with you and that you were eager to return. I am glad that we were able to have your room ready for you when you arrived early; we understand how convenient it is to be able to freshen up and settle in before heading out to explore the wonders that London has to offer.

My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found our beautifully decorated rooms to be comfortable and that you slept well in the peaceful surroundings. We take great pride in our attention to detail and I am glad that you found the room to be well appointed, right down to the small touches of our stationery, complimentary water and fresh Red Carnation flower.

Breakfast served in Butlers Restaurant is a great start to the day and I am thrilled that the fried eggs were as good as you remembered. Guests can choose from a varied range of fresh fruit, pastries and cereals for breakfast as well being able to order hot food, including the famous fried eggs, from our a la carte menu, which will be sure to set you up for the day.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the exceptional service that you experienced throughout your stay; I will be sure to share your review with all of my team. Your recommendation of The Chesterfield Mayfair is much appreciated and I am delighted to read that we will be welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the Chesterfield. I have stayed here before but some years ago. There was nothing to fault this hotel on. Staff, accommodation food all excellent and i must recommend the dover sole!! When i checked in i was delighted to hear that we had been ungraded to a junior suite. So that was the icing on the cake. I will definitely return again to this hotel and will recommend it to anyone. I wish a Happy New Year to all the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you have returned to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that we have exceeded your expectations on this occasion as well. We take great care in selecting our individually decorated rooms for each guest and I am thrilled that you appreciated the comfortable and beautiful room chosen for you by our reception team. Butlers Restaurant is famous for it’s Dover Sole and I am delighted that you have had the opportunity to sample this delight and that it has left a lasting impression on you. We take great pride in our service and attention to detail and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to everybody here.

hank you for your well wishes and for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Enjoyed the stay there. The standard rooms are small, but we were lucky and got to upgrade to a larger suite. Definitely worth it. Fairly centrally located in London. The Staff was great, the restaurant in the hotel was great. We would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had a terrific stay with us and that we were able to offer you a larger room that was more comfortable for you. The hotel’s central location is ideal for travelling around London and I am glad that it was convenient for you. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel’s restaurant, Butlers and that you found the traditional British cuisine to be delicious. Thank you for commenting on the fantastic service that you received throughout the hotel, we really appreciate when our guests notice our care and dedication.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights between Christmas and New Year. A great hotel in an excellent location. Don't worry about taxis and tubes, you can walk to almost anywhere in Central London from here. The staff were fantastic. Excellent service, particularly front desk and bar. Valet parking was expensive but very convenient and easy. Our room was a little on the small side.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing great feedback of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us during the holidays and that the decor and festive cheer around the hotel added to your stay. The Chesterfield Mayfair is conveniently located within walking distance of many famous landmarks in Central London, as well as being within a short walk from Green Park tube station. Thank you for your compliments regarding the friendly and caring service that you received throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here, especially the front office and bar staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Chesterfield Mayfair is one of those special place where you know that despite an exceptional place in a unique neighborhood, their savoir faire and experience is still their biggest asset. Never have I felt more welcome are cared for in a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield and that you appreciated the central location and our exclusive Mayfair surroundings. We invest time in training our staff to deliver the highest standards of service and I am thrilled that you appreciated the level of experience and professionalism shown by all members of my team. It gives me great pleasure to know that you felt truly cared for The Chesterfield Mayfair and I will be sure to share your kind words with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.