The Chesterfield Mayfair
US$258
US$233
US$290
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$270
Priceline
  • Pool
3,545 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketbuckingham palacecharming hotelbond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnejunior suitequiet streetevery member of staffwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel - with a standout staff. Friendly checkin and continuing service throughout my stay. The rooms have character but with all the amenities you require including a wonderfully comfortable bed.

Bar was nice - though quiet - and restaurant excellent.
I was suffering bad jet lag during my short stay and this hotel was a haven.
It is not cheap - though where in London is? - but the location is fabulous, only a five-ten minute walk to Piccadilly and Green Park, one of my favourite areas.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Travelling_Deborah
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that the staff have left such a lasting impression with you. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the rooms to be well appointed and also the beds to be extremely comfortable, allowing you to sleep restfully after your journey. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to relax and unwind in our Terrace Bar as well as sampling the delights of our traditionally British restaurant, Butlers. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel’s location to be so convenient for you and that you appreciated how Green Park, Bond Street and Piccadilly are within walking distance of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Very British hotel in the heart of Mayfair. Not the top luxury but for Mayfair the room price is very reasonable.
The rooms are a bit old fashioned, but quite charming. Staff is very friendly.
Fire alarm went off a few times. Decent apology letter from hotel management. No discount for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Willem G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am glad that you appreciated our traditional boutique hotel; The Chesterfield Mayfair is a historic building from the 18th century which adds a great amount of character and charm to the hotel and guests enjoy the heritage that we reflect in our decor. Please accept my apologies for the disruption caused by the fire alarm although I am pleased to hear that the false alarm was handled swiftly to minimise inconvenience and that my Senior Manager kept you fully informed. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be outstanding throughout your stay as our service is something we take great pride in.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at the Chesterfield over the Christmas period to leave all the stresses of organising Christmas behind. It was the best decision that we've made in terms of hotels. The staff at this excellent hotel went overboard to make sure that every need was catered for, this included chocolates and Christmas stockings in the room. Even the hotel manager made an appearance on Christmas Day to make sure the guests were happy and all our needs were fulfilled. The concierge and reception knew our names within the first day and ensured we were happy. The service of the Scottish bar manager was the best that i've received in London for a long time. The range of cocktails offered was extraordinary. The hotel was decorated with a sumptuous tree in the foyer and even Santa made an appearance. We shall be visiting again next Christmas. But this great find in the heart of Mayfair, being so close to all the action is a must go to if you want traditional service and values you cant go far wrong- even if it is to get a cocktail from the celebrated Bar Manager when in the area.

Room Tip: Only visited one room but was excellent
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nick C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a magical stay with us over the holidays and that the extravagant Christmas tree in the lobby and the festive decorations throughout the hotel made your stay with us extra special. My Bar Manager, Paul will be delighted to hear that you felt at home in the Terrace Bar and were impressed by our carefully selected cocktail menu. It is an ideal spot to enjoy a light snack and an accompanying cocktail is always a treat, while of course being well looked after by Paul and his team of enthusiastic bar staff.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly and caring staff and I am delighted to hear how our reception and concierge team warmly welcomed you into The Chesterfield Family.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I live round the corner from this hotel and love walking by the charming gents that stand out front. We had relatives in town and needed some "overflow" room at the house and checked in for two nights at the Chesterfield. This hotel has a comfortable, clubby feel throughout. The front desk and restaurant staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms were somewhat small, but efficient and quite comfortable. The room was absolutely silent, which is no small thing in central London. The location is phenomenal and most central London attractions are within walking distance. I'm trying to think of another reason to stay at the Chesterfield for a few nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank APassportAffair

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that we welcomed one of our Mayfair neighbours to stay with us and that you had a memorable time here. We enjoy creating a warm and cosy atmosphere in our boutique hotel and I am thrilled that you felt at home with us. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you slept soundly in our comfortable beds and that you appreciated the tranquil environment. We take great pride in our high standards of service and I am glad that you experienced our caring and professional staff; I will be sure to pass on your comments to the front desk and reception staff.

I hope you will soon find another reason to join us and I look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Location: Mayfair: perfect for a 5 night stay. Early check in a huge bonus after 24hours of flying.
Room: No 506. At first it seemed quite small, but as you unpack, you realize that there is actually quite a lot of storage, and plenty of hanging space and bag storage for 2 people on a 5 week winter trip.
The room overlooked the rear of the hotel, and was very quite. There was an "outlook" from the window, but we wouldn't call it a view.
There was tea, coffee making, free cookies, and daily bottled water.
Bathroom had great floor heating, and daily toiletries.
Restaurant: we only ate breakfasts at the hotel.... And they were fantastic !
From fresh beetroot juice to whiskey infused porridge to plain bacon and eggs. There was a huge selection.
Staff: Smiles everywhere. Polite and helpful....the staff really helped make this place special.
Summary: Absolutely enjoyable !

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank davlynski

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you appreciated us having your room ready for you prior to check in time; we understand how our luxurious beds would appear very appealing to you after an exhausting flight. Our rooms offer plenty of storage and I am glad you were able to pack away all of your belongings comfortably after your long trip. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed being able to make tea and coffee from the comfort of your own room and that you appreciated all the other amenities as well from our under floor heating in the bathroom to the complimentary biscuits that accompanied your tea.

My Restaurant Manager will be happy to hear that you found the breakfast to be delicious and varied from our healthy beetroot juice to the added touch of whiskey with the porridge. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be welcoming and friendly and that they added to your enjoyment of your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.