“Thank you, we will visit you again”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 January 2014

In previous visits to London we frequently left our hotels with the feeling that we had been 'ripped-off'. Not so at the Chesterfield Mayfair, it is welcoming, clean and has very, very well trained staff. The bedrooms, apart from ours being a bit on the small side, were faultless. Breakfasts are better than excellent and the location is great. In comparison to other London hotels the price is also excellent. We will certainly use The Chesterfield Mayfair for our future visits to London.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mickyds20
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt warmly welcomed by the hotel staff. My Executive House Keeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be immaculate and well appointed. We pride ourselves on our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and invest in the training of our staff and I am thrilled that you appreciated the dedication and attention to detail shown by my team; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the staff here.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Write a ReviewReviews (3,396)

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The rooms were very nice, a little small but cute. The service was mind-blowing! So nice, so efficient, always willing to help! I've rarely had a guest service as great as this one!
The tea was very good and the room service was good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your brilliant experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the rooms to be cosy and well decorated. We pride ourselves on our excellent service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure to see that you experienced this from our friendly and helpful staff. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Had 2 fantastic days at chesterfield what a beautiful hotel, the staff were really lovely.we had dinner there which was really really good, & afternoon tea which was amazing,also very close to shops etc, definitely will stay again

Room Tip: Room very quiet & beautifully decorated
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were so impressed with The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you had the opportunity to sample the delicious, traditional British cuisine of Butlers Restaurant and my Restaurant Manager will be happy to hear that you appreciated the warm ambiance of the restaurant. We pride ourselves on our service here at the hotel and I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so welcoming and friendly; I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at The Chesterfield twice over the holiday. The hotel was recommended by my husband's sister and it did not disappoint. We stayed for 2 nights, then went to Paris because everything in London shuts down for 3 days over Christmas and then came back for 3 nights. We were traveling with our sons, 21 and 17. We had a suite both times and the boys shared a room with two singles beds. The rooms are not huge, but they are very functional and comfortable. Each day we had some little treats delivered to our room, which was a nice touch.

The real gems are the people who work at the hotel. Everyone at the front desk proved to be very professional and helpful. Chris and Darren, the concierges never led us astray. They had lots of tips about getting around and where to go. Additionally, they suggested that we store half of our luggage with them when we went to Paris which made the travel to Paris a lot easier.

Having breakfast included in your rate is also great as it was nice to start each day with a good meal before running around the city all day. We also had High Tea at the hotel which was a lot of fun, but very pricey. We would definitely go back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NFB56
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were impressed with your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the rooms to be comfortable and of the decor to be of a high standard. We take great pride in our attention to detail and I am thrilled that you appreciated the extra touches of evening treats delivered to the room.

I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so friendly and eager to help. I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here, especially Chris and Darren who made sure you found your way around London and gave expert advice on everything to see and do in the city. Breakfast served in Butlers Restaurant is a must before heading out to explore London and I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy this each morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

What a lovely Hotel, our room was beautiful and the staff outstanding. The location is fantastic for sightseeing, walking distance to Hyde Park the best shops and all of London's attractions. The staff are very friendly and very informative making sure we had wonderful stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daves2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your great experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you found us to be in a perfect location, centrally located and close to all the wonderful sights, shopping areas and attractions that London has to offer. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be beautifully decorated and well appointed. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff at The Chesterfield Mayfair and how they were extremely helpful and attentive. I will be sure to share your thanks with all of the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

It was our first time at the chesterfield and I am confident we will come back. the hotel is very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful. the location is very central yet in a nice quiet neighbourhood.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Einat R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield and I am glad that you appreciated our welcoming and caring staff. The hotel is tucked away in the heart of Mayfair yet within walking distance to the vibrant Bond Street, Green Park and Piccadilly areas and I am thrilled that you found the location so convenient.

We are always ready to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel was charming and the rooms were delightful. I was particularly impressed by the small embellishments of a double room upgrade as we were newly weds, free champagne and hand written cards from the staff congratulating us on our nuptials.
The hotel would have gotten five stars if not for the weird debate we had when checking out when we asked a phone call to be deducted from the bill as we were not at the hotel at that time. It was unfortunate that mgmt decided to challenge us on this! Other wise a charming hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sammy M
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your wedding night. I am glad that we were able to add to the special occasion with our tokens of a card and Champagne as this is such a special moment in your life. It was our pleasure to accommodate you in our beautiful Junior Suite to start your honeymoon in style.

Whilst I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and willing to help; I am sorry there was confusion over the telephone charge when you were checking out. I have requested my Front Office Manager be aware of how she presents queries when clarifying items on a bill in future.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you again on the start of your married life together and I look forward to welcoming you to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.