“Great weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We've already stayed in two other Red Carnation hotels and totally enjoyed ourselves every time but this hotel was that little bit extra special. It has a real welcoming atmosphere with warm, friendly staff who gave an excellent service throughout our stay. Our room was very comfortable and breakfast was great too. We were within easy walking distance to the Palace, Piccadilly Square and Oxford Street. Overall definitely one of the best hotels we've stayed in. Recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter W
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that as a regular guest at Red Carnation hotels, we exceeded your expectations.. We enjoy creating a friendly and cosy atmosphere here at the hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed the warm feel throughout the boutique hotel.

Thank you for highlighting our ideal location with Buckingham Palace, Oxford Street and Bond Street all within a short distance to the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be impeccable and that you had a great night’s rest in our comfortable beds. I am pleased to learn that the care and attention the staff has shown to you has earned The Chesterfield the title of one of the best hotels that you have ever stayed in.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a week long stay here. The hotel is conveniently located in mostly residential Mayfair yet close enough to walk to Kensington, Picadilly Circus, Trafalger Square, even all the way to St. Pauls and the Tate Modern. Our rate was very fair and included free wifi and breakfast. The room was a bit small, but well furnished and very comfortable. The staff took good care of us from start to finish. If you are looking for a smaller hotel with a personal touch, I don't think you can beat the Chesterfield Mayfair!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 8069sa
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing great feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your week long stay with us and that you found us to be in a perfect location, with many of the wonders London has to offer within easy walking distance of the hotel. We understand how important internet access is and I am glad that you made use of the complimentary WiFi offered to all of our guests through out the hotel. We pride ourselves on our service here at this boutique hotel and I am thrilled that you appreciated the staff ensuring that your stay with us was special and memorable from the time you were welcomed by our friendly door man to the time you left.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

sussex
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel in the heart of Mayfair and worth the little extra you may pay over other hotels in the city. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped, the staff all very helpful and attentive, breakfast was great as was our special afternoon tea.
It is close to the centre of town and St James' park/Buckingham palace. We would certainly be very happy to go back for a weekend visit.
Thank you to all the staff for making us so very welcome.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauljoem
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were glad you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. Thank you for highlighting our spotless rooms that are well stocked with every amenity you may need. My Restaurant Manager will also be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the breakfast was varied and plentiful.

We take great pride in our service and the training of our staff and I am glad that you appreciated our experienced and friendly staff, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed one night for a 60th birthday present for my other half.

What we liked best, the hotel did not look tired, like so many of the older hotels. The hotel, public places and rooms were clean and fresh. We took afternoon tea, the sandwiches and cakes were scrumptious and the cakes we did not eat, were boxed to enable us to eat later.

I booked the romantic package as a special treat, the rose petals and rose, smell of the bath bomb were a welcome greeting, I was so excited, having booked it all myself as a special birthday treat for when we arrived back from the theatre... my partner was really impressed... only hiccup, they had forgot to leave the champagne and strawberries, it didn't spoil our stay.

Breakfast was delightful.

The service was excellent and we were made to feel very welcome.

Highly recommend this hotel, if you are looking for somewhere special. You are close to theatre land and Oxford Street for shopping.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you chose to join us for such a special birthday celebration and that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. The traditional British style of the hotel reflects the heritage of the building and I am thrilled that you appreciated the luxurious decor of the hotel and found the hotel to be immaculate throughout.

I am delighted that you were impressed with the romantic atmosphere and that it added to your partner’s birthday celebration and thank you for your patience as we delivered the outstanding items from the package to your room; I have asked for the room service team to be reminded of the need to have everything ready at the same time.

My Restaurant Manager will be delighted to know that you found the breakfast and afternoon tea in Butlers Restaurant to be delicious. Afternoon tea is indeed a splendid occasion and I glad that we were able to wrap up the tasty pastries for you to enjoy later on in the evening.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair as a wonderful place to stay in London, I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Chesterfield for my birthday recently and were thrilled to discover our room had been upgraded. I also received a birthday card and cupcake from the staff which was a very nice touch. The bed was comfy and the room clean and well equipped with bath robes and slippers too. All the staff were excellent and vey welcoming and Paul was particularly helpful. The location was perfect for shopping and we would love to stay again.

Room Tip: The Dormer suite worked well for 3 people.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M0xyB
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your great experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable birthday celebration with us and that we were able to add to the occasion with birthday treats awaiting your arrival in your beautiful room. I am thrilled that you appreciated our luxurious linen and that you were grateful for the fluffy bath robes and comfortable slippers that kept you warm on these fresh mornings. Thank you for your great comments regarding the helpful staff that you encountered; I will be sure to share your review and pass on your thanks to the team here, especially to Paul and his bar team who are always ready to welcome guests into the Terrace Bar with a friendly smile.

Austin, TX
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Chesterfield is a very nice hotel. Within easy walking distance of Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey, through a nice park. You're in an upscale area. The staff is very nice and the bar and room service are 24 hours. The beds were extremely comfortable, the rooms are small but extremely clean and manageable. The staff were ALL very nice, accommodating and friendly and helpful. My son wanted to go to a football match and 5 different people worked over time trying to help him with that. I had some difficulties with my credit card and they were all very patient and helpful about that. Just a great place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chach63
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that you slept soundly in our comfortable and luxurious beds. Thank you for highlighting our perfect location, away from noise on a quiet street in the prestigious Mayfair area, yet close to all of the delights London has to offer.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you found all of my team to be warm and friendly during your stay. Knowing how important live matches are to football fans, we wanted to make sure that your son got to travel to the football match and I am glad that we were able to assist you with your credit card difficulties as well. We know how important a helping hand is when you are away from home.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night in the Chesterfield on short theatre break to celebrate our anniversary. Everything was fabulous...every member of staff we dealt with were helpful and friendly, the room was spotless and cosy equipped with the crispiest white linens and bathrobes and the breakfast was gorgeous. They upgraded us as an anniversary treat and left the most amazing cupcakes in our room! Great location - 10/15 min walk to Piccadilly Circus/soho and the theatres and 5 min to Hyde park. The room was small but it's a real old world hotel so if that is your taste you won't mind in the least.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pepe43
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for your anniversary celebrations and I am glad that we were able to add to your special occasion with a beautiful room and special treats. I am pleased that you found us to be in a perfect location with many of London’s main theatres close to the hotel, making The Chesterfield the ideal spot for a theatre break.

We pride ourselves on our personal and friendly service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am delighted that you felt well looked after by our enthusiastic staff, I will be sure to share your review with all of the team here. I am thrilled that you appreciated the traditional atmosphere of our boutique hotel and that The Chesterfield Mayfair has left such a lasting impression with you.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.