We booked The Mayfair through londontown.com as they offered a nicer location and a better price ,for the same category of hotel,than what we had initially booked .otherthan that, we had no idea about the hotel.we were not disappointed
the hotel is located in the posh neighbourhood of Mayfair.we stayed here for 7 nights in last week of june2013,with our twin girls.As soon as you enter,the aroma of fresh lilies wafts to you ...very refreshing,especially,since i am partial to lilies.
the decor of the hotel is very trendy,modern and glam.it gives you a 'good buzz', with its very hip atmosphere that pervades the hotel all the way to the guestrooms,the hotel caters to wide a range of different visitors.
its a good chance you could run into a celebrity or model in the lobby.
you pay dearly to stay in this hotel,but its location is so good,that it is well worth it.
It is just round the corner from green park tube station.and you are within walking distance to Buckingham palace,trafalgar square,piccadilly,west end,shopping and the finest of Mayfair's restaurants.Nobu is right across from the hotel and the beloved Fortnum and mason is just a stone's throw away.
there is even a grocery store across the street to buy sodas,wine or tidbits from and no shortage of taxis...what more can you ask for!
we had arrived early in the morning from cote da'zure,so our rooms were not ready.But the check in was quick and effortless.
we had opted for a family room.it was very spacious and modern with 2 queen size beds,which were very comfortable .the bathroom was modern,very clean,had separate shower and bath areas with open closet and dressing area.
Both the room and bathroom were very spacious by London measures.two nitpicks-no plugs close to the mirror and i had to flat iron my hair sitting on the floor!second,the bathtub had no hand held shower,which means that you had to get out of the tub if you wanted to shampoo your hair.not ideal for a $600 rm/nt!
other than that,the hotel ticked all the boxes for us.
we had a breakfast inclusive rate and the breakfasts were superb with lots of choices and of very high quality,with good selection of British and and continental options(and had the best choices anywhere for anyone who is health conscious).the staff in the breakfast room was very friendly,especially fussed over my daughters.
this is another highlight of Mayfair-their excellent level of service from the doormen to the concierge-ever attentive,courteous and warm.,be it from procuring an umbrella or calling a taxi.even the hosekeeping was very good and discreet.
The concierge,Antonio,i think, was very helpful in obtaining theater tickets for us and also gave us suberb suggestions on dining places...
there is a nice cigar lounge and the bar would be buzzing in the evenings and seemed popular,but we could not sample it.it also got little noisy/lively-depending on how you take it,on weekends due to the presence of clubs nearby.but the windows are double glazed,so you wont hear any of it,unless you opened them.
Overall,a high level of service and wonderful location made for a perfect stay.we will definitely stay at Mayfair again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London