“ticks all the boxes-wonderful stay!”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked The Mayfair through londontown.com as they offered a nicer location and a better price ,for the same category of hotel,than what we had initially booked .otherthan that, we had no idea about the hotel.we were not disappointed
the hotel is located in the posh neighbourhood of Mayfair.we stayed here for 7 nights in last week of june2013,with our twin girls.As soon as you enter,the aroma of fresh lilies wafts to you ...very refreshing,especially,since i am partial to lilies.
the decor of the hotel is very trendy,modern and glam.it gives you a 'good buzz', with its very hip atmosphere that pervades the hotel all the way to the guestrooms,the hotel caters to wide a range of different visitors.
its a good chance you could run into a celebrity or model in the lobby.
you pay dearly to stay in this hotel,but its location is so good,that it is well worth it.
It is just round the corner from green park tube station.and you are within walking distance to Buckingham palace,trafalgar square,piccadilly,west end,shopping and the finest of Mayfair's restaurants.Nobu is right across from the hotel and the beloved Fortnum and mason is just a stone's throw away.
there is even a grocery store across the street to buy sodas,wine or tidbits from and no shortage of taxis...what more can you ask for!
we had arrived early in the morning from cote da'zure,so our rooms were not ready.But the check in was quick and effortless.
we had opted for a family room.it was very spacious and modern with 2 queen size beds,which were very comfortable .the bathroom was modern,very clean,had separate shower and bath areas with open closet and dressing area.
Both the room and bathroom were very spacious by London measures.two nitpicks-no plugs close to the mirror and i had to flat iron my hair sitting on the floor!second,the bathtub had no hand held shower,which means that you had to get out of the tub if you wanted to shampoo your hair.not ideal for a $600 rm/nt!
other than that,the hotel ticked all the boxes for us.
we had a breakfast inclusive rate and the breakfasts were superb with lots of choices and of very high quality,with good selection of British and and continental options(and had the best choices anywhere for anyone who is health conscious).the staff in the breakfast room was very friendly,especially fussed over my daughters.
this is another highlight of Mayfair-their excellent level of service from the doormen to the concierge-ever attentive,courteous and warm.,be it from procuring an umbrella or calling a taxi.even the hosekeeping was very good and discreet.
The concierge,Antonio,i think, was very helpful in obtaining theater tickets for us and also gave us suberb suggestions on dining places...
there is a nice cigar lounge and the bar would be buzzing in the evenings and seemed popular,but we could not sample it.it also got little noisy/lively-depending on how you take it,on weekends due to the presence of clubs nearby.but the windows are double glazed,so you wont hear any of it,unless you opened them.
Overall,a high level of service and wonderful location made for a perfect stay.we will definitely stay at Mayfair again.

Room Tip: choose a higher level floor choose a room close to elevators or be prepared to walk long
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank gomansi
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that your family joined us for a week long visit last summer and that the hotel has left such a lasting impression on you. I am delighted that you were welcomed to the hotel with the smell of your favourite flowers and this has set the atmosphere for a wonderful stay with us.

The hotel’s Mayfair location is very central and I am glad that you appreciated being able to walk to many of London’s attractions and had the opportunity to dine in a few of the terrific restaurants in the neighbourhood. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found your room to be immaculate and that you slept soundly in the quiet rooms and comfortable beds.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the service that you experienced during your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind words with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver Raggett

Write a ReviewReviews (3,369)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Loved every minute of our 2 night stay just before Christmas 2013. Great service, rooms were clean and comfortable and nothing was too much trouble for them, definitely recommend this hotel. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank masterchefmessiah
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you felt completely at home in our comfortable and immaculate rooms. I am pleased that the service you experienced was outstanding and that the staff happily assisted with all of your requests; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our second stay at this beautiful hotel and we hope to have many more stays. We stayed three nights in January. The staff are really helpful & friendly. Nothing is too much trouble for them. They even went out to post my son's birthday card . The breakfast is a real treat and sets you up for the day. The location is good and is only a 10 minute walk from Green Park Tube station and close to good restaurants.
If you want to stay in a high class hotel and feel pampered by good service & surroundings then my wife and I would strongly recommend the Chesterfield in Mayfair.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Les A
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read your review and see that you had a marvellous stay with us once again. Red Carnation Hotels ethos is “No request too large, no detail too small”, and I am glad that you experienced our caring staff who happily ensured that you had an enjoyable stay and assisted you with all your requests.

My Food and Beverage Manager will be delighted to hear that your breakfast was delicious and that it set you up well for a day of exploring London. I appreciate you highlighting our great location and how there are many fantastic restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night on a recommendation from a friend. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely use this hotel the next time we go to London for the weekend. The main reason we liked the hotel so much was the staff, particularly Sarah. We received a very warm and friendly greeting on arrival creating a really nice atmosphere which continued through out the whole of our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaryB66
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay with us based on a friend’s recommendation and that the hotel has exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly and warm welcome that you received; I will sure to personally thank Sarah for greeting you and I am delighted that it set the tone for your enjoyable weekend with us.

We pride ourselves on our service here at The Chesterfield and I delighted to know that you truly valued the attentions you received from the staff.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

A group of coworkers (along with several spouses/partners) were in London for a few days for a work event. Our corporate events folks wound up booking us in the Novotel London West which turned out to be an absolute dump (see my one-star review there, spoiler: don't ever stay there!) so we were seeking different accommodations. While out exploring the city we happened across The Chesterfield Mayfair. My partner and mom and I stopped in to inquire about rates and availability. No sooner were the words out of my mouth than a charming young gentleman was called to show us the various rooms that were available. Up and down the hotel we did go popping into the different categories of rooms. I've never seen anything like that, it was great! Saying thank you, the front office manager (Sarah Walsh) gave me her card and invited us to call if we chose to stay there. After talking with my coworkers we decided to go for it so I called back to book the rooms. A little bit of back and forth over phone and email and we were all set. The staff at the Chesterfield could not have been more accommodating or helpful. They offered us a discounted rate since we were booking a block of rooms, and they definitely had a very personal touch on the whole transaction.

The location of the hotel is great. It's a few minute walk to the Green Park tube station and taxis are plentiful in the area. Most of us walked everywhere very easily (although we all do a lot of walking when we visit cities). The rooms are on the small side, but each is uniquely decorated and generally very charming. There was a moment that I thought about giving this review a 4-star rating, only because some of the trimmings and decorations in the rooms are showing some age, but based on the service and location I went with 5-star since that outweighs any nominal negative in the rooms. Breakfast was included in our rate, and it was good but not particularly memorable. The one memorable thing about it was that you could either have it downstairs in the restaurant or they would bring it to your room for no additional charge. Most of us chose to eat in our rooms which was nice, although on at least one of the days our order was a little mixed up or missed a couple items. We're not big breakfast people so it really wasn't a big deal and we didn't even say anything to the hotel (I have zero doubt that they would have corrected things quickly).

All in all it was a saving grace from the hell that was the Novotel, and a wonderful few days spent in central london (or at least a centrally located place with regard to attractions we were interested in).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you were warmly welcomed to the hotel by my staff and that you were so impressed with the hotel on the show around that you decided to stay with us. Booking directly with the hotel ensures that my friendly reservation agents can look after you and I am delighted that you appreciated their personalised service.

The Chesterfield is ideally located in the heart of Mayfair with all of the major London sites within walking distance of the hotel. Whilst I am glad that you took advantage of being able to order breakfast from the comfort of your own room, I am sorry that there was a mix up with your breakfast; I will speak with my room service supervisor to ensure that this does not reoccur.
Thank you for highlighting the wonderful service you experienced by my caring and professional staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind words with all of my team here.

We are always ready to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here for four nights for my birthday treat in January and could not have enjoyed it more. It carries modern efficiency alongside traditional charm, grace and style. The location is perfectly central while managing to be characterful, beautiful and quiet. The staff are professional and at the same time friendly and personal. In a hotel bustling with energy and business everyone has time for you. Our room was comfortable and immaculate, with attention to every detail. The bar and restaurant are lovely rooms, with atmosphere which makes you want to stay longer. Unpretentious luxury. Don't hesitate - go there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane_Suffolk2014

Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to spend your birthday celebrations with us and I am delighted that it was a memorable and enjoyable occasion for you. Our boutique hotel is situated in the heart of Mayfair, yet still has the traditional and warmth of a country home. Our Terrace Bar and Butlers Restaurant are wonderful places to stop for a moment and I completely agree that once you sit down and relax in the comfortable arm chairs in the bar, it is difficult to leave.

We take immense pride in our service here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled that you found our staff to be caring with a great eye for detail and those extra touches; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The location is key , Green Park tube stop is only a 10 min walk and Starbucks is on the way !
The staff are great and the food service in the morning for the all inclusive breakfast was superb.
So many fabulous restaurants close by The Chesterfield which is positioned in a absolutely fabulous area for your post day outing!
Try the bar in the evening , warm friendly and a wonderful place to chat with other travellers.
The Chesterfield Mayfair ..has been my choice for the last 2 years as a business traveller from Canada and I see no reason to change !.

Room Tip: I faced the courtyard which was totally quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JC/GC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the hotel’s location ideal: with Green Park tube station a short walk from the hotel and many fantastic restaurants in the Mayfair area, including our very own Butlers Restaurant in the hotel. The Terrace Bar is an ideal spot to sit back and relax after a busy day in London and soak up the warm atmosphere, thank you for recommending it as a place to relax in the evening.

I am delighted to learn that we will continue to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair
Hotel in the future.