“Heaven”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here during the London marathon . I couldn't rate the service high enough !! Breakfasts to die for and most comfortable and relaxed surroundings , best hotel stay ever ....highly highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Beckyhaigh
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. I am delighted that you found our breakfast offering to be plentiful and varied; it would certainly set you up for the big day. We take great pride in our service and I am glad that you received remarkable service throughout your stay

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Provided us with every assistance over our weekend stay for the London Marathon. Hotel is well located in Mayfair next to Shepherds market and perfect for a weekend. Given the great service, I will also use the hotel when I'm in London for business.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank JamesH92

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you had a brilliant stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and caring. The London Marathon is an amazing event to be part of and I am glad that we were able to assist you with your preparations over the weekend. I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here and thank them for making your stay so memorable.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

A hotel where service comes first and foremost. Great staff. Surprisingly good restaurant with fantastic service (prices are high, but not undeservedly so). Lovely intimate bar with attentive service. Our room was small but very well appointed. Great location in the heart of Mayfair. Recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rjhayter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were so impressed with The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the food in Butlers Restaurant to be delicious and that you enjoyed the cosy atmosphere of The Terrace Bar. We pride ourselves on our service here at the hotel and I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so friendly and eager to help; I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have just recently stayed at the chesterfield mayfair on our anniversary, and what an amazing stay it was. The hotel and the staff are fantastic, the hotel is lovely, the staff are amazing with all the little touches made our stay so much more pleasurable. It was great to see london, as it was my wife's first visit. We will certainly be back. Once again thank you so much.

Room Tip: Can't offer any tips due to everything being perfect
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew M
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to spend your anniversary with us and I am thrilled to learn that you had a brilliant stay with us. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that our extra touches added to your special occasion. London is a great city with so much to see and do and I am pleased that the hotel’s central location was ideal for you and your wife to explore the city on her very first visit to London. I am happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and welcoming and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team.

I hope to welcome you to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We chose an Executive room for a midweek business stay. The hotel is in a nice, fairly quiet location just a short walk from Green Park Tube. It was fun to visit the restaurants in Shepherd's Market in the evening - some good tips from the concierge. The room was in need of a refurb, however: stains on the carpet, the fur bedcover was matted and there was no fridge. Disappointing given the price of the room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Hoolit

Dear Guest,

Thank you or taking the time to write a review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you found our location to be excellent with our concierge’s recommendations leading you to a great selection of restaurants and pubs in Shepherd’s Market. I am sorry that we were not aware that you prefer to have a fridge in your room; we do find that most guests prefer extra storage space although we are happy to place a small fridge in the room if requested. I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper about your further comments on the accommodation and she will personally inspect this room to ensure that it is up to the high standard that we demand throughout the hotel.

I am grateful for you taking the time to write about your experiences and hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is the 3rd time I've been lucky enough to stay at this fabulous hotel. The difference this time was that I was staying on my own, because of this I booked a single room. From check in onwards you will not meet more pleasant staff. The staff are all fantastic, so friendly, without being OTT, they are really genuine when they talk to you, they all take the time to stop and talk to you, a real personal touch which does not go un noticed. I checked in and was shown to my room which is on the small side but what it lacked in space it sure made up for it in comfort, The bed, bedding, bathroom and toiletries are sheer luxury. The phone call from reception to ensure you are happy with your room is a little tip the big hotels in London should pick up! I ordered room service which was prompt, had a good choice and most important delicious! I had the best nights sleep its such a quiet area and went down for breakfast. The lady that showed me to my table was so pleasant and friendly, the breakfast is good too! Great choice and cooked to order. As I left the housekeeper was doing her rounds and spent a good 5 minutes chatting to me. It seems that the staff really enjoy working there and it shows with how pleasant they are. Luclkily we are back in London in a few weeks and am please to say cant wait to return as I did miss their fab afternoon tea this time! I booked via the hotel as my husband has MS and a walk in shower does make life easier for us. The manager was very helpful with this, answering emails promptly and efficiently. Cant wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jodie R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to learn that you have returned to the hotel once again and had another terrific stay with us. My Executive House Keeper will be happy to learn that you appreciated the high quality of bedding, linen and toiletries used throughout the hotel and that you also had a great nights rest in our comfortable beds. I am pleased that you found our room service menu to offer a wide choice and that your meal was delivered promptly for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own room. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their helpful and friendly service, and I know how pleased everybody will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was our third visit to this excellent Mayfair hotel and it is still a favorite place to stay. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the classic rooms still small but well appointed, tasteful and in excellent condition. The location just off Berkley Square is central yet just far enough away to be isolated from the hubbub. As a boutique hotel it is a quiet oasis not the chaos of larger facilities. We took advantage of the free access to a neighborhood fitness facility and other than having to enter through the loading dock it met our needs. When we return to London this will be our first lodging choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Edgemont2
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to write this great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you have returned to the hotel and that The Chesterfield Mayfair has earned the title of your favourite place to stay. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be well equipped and beautifully decorated. I am pleased that you found us to be in an ideal location, situated in the heart of London yet tucked away in a quiet corner in Mayfair. Thank you for highlighting the complimentary access to the Fitness First gym on Berkley Square which is available for all of our guests. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled that you found the staff to be obliging and friendly; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.