“The Best in London”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“The Best in London”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have stayed in many hotels in London over the years including several of the ultra-lux properties (Dorchester, Connaught, Park Lane). The Chesterfield has consistently provided us with the best experience in London. The staff's attitude and the overall level of service is beyond even what you might expect in a much more expensive property. This is not only the best value for your money but also is outright the top service hotel you can find. Also a great location. Go for the junior suites - charming and very spacious rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel has left a lasting impression with you. I am delighted to work with such a dedicated and willing team and I am proud that they have warmly welcomed you to the hotel and ensured that you had a memorable stay with us.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
New York City
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel....by far one of the best experiences we've had at a hotel. The staff was great, our room was beautiful, location was perfect and the service provided was above and beyond expectation. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the doorman Michael who was amazing. He was immediately ready to help us plan our four day visit by mapping sights out on a map for us. Next we experienced Englebert who was equally wonderful and never tired from our constant questions and genuinely wanted to help. I have to mention Abigail who greeted us every morning with a smile as we entered the restaurant for the breakfast buffet. She made us feel very welcomed as she asked us our plans for the day.
The hotel is close to many of the cities attractions but is located on a beautiful quiet street. Our room was decorated in proper English style and was very spacious. Such service and surroundings made it hard to leave, but will definitely stay there again when in London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Newbythrasher
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that it was a wonderful experience for you. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel’s location to be so convenient for you and that you appreciated the high standard of decor in our rooms.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team, especially to Michael, our welcoming doorman, to Englebert our helpful porter and to Abigail, our friendly breakfast hostess. I am delighted that we were able to make your stay with us so memorable.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Sunnyside, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Live in NYC where most hotels are top shelf. The Chesterfield Mayfair holds that standard. I do not like comparisons and this hotel is the best. Staff is so accommodating and helpful. Bed was THE most comfortable in my 64 years of life. The staff is so knowledgeable.
I will go back next year, yes it is that good. The staff always works the hardest to make sure any problem is addressed and fixed. Definitely recommend this hotel for anyone. I give special thanks and commendation to Hani, Edmund, Damien and in the delicious Butler restaurant William, and Biagio. You gentleman, all, are a credit to your company. Bravo!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Meeker535
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that The Chesterfield Mayfair has left such a lasting impression on you. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the beds to be extremely comfortable and that you had such a great night’s rest. We take great pride in our service here at the hotel and I am thrilled that you experienced our friendly and welcoming staff. I will be sure to personally thank Hani, Edmund, Damien, William and Biagio on your behalf.

I look forward to welcoming you to again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Washington DC
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at the Chesterfield in mid-April 2014 and we'd recommend it. It's a pretty building (a series of joined-together town houses) on a very attractive and quiet side street in Mayfair (one block off Berkeley Square) and is well situated for walking to a lot of places one might want to go. The Tube also is nearby. Its public rooms are very attractive, including its pleasant bar, which stays open late and serves food (overpriced, but this is London). The dining room has a pre-theater fixed-price dinner that is a pretty good deal -- generous helping of food that is not gourmet but just fine. Very generous breakfast that can be buffet or served; your choice. Our room was small (again, this is London) but had all the amenities one could ask for and was very attractively furnished. The rooms appear to be different, not cookie-cutter. But the most attractive feature was the universally pleasant and helpful staff -- they really do a good job in that area. We will go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LRMWashingtonDC
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this terrific review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you found the hotel to be ideally located on a peaceful street within walking distance to Green Park tube station and all the major attractions in London. Butlers Restaurant serves delicious, traditional British cuisine and I am glad that you took advantage of our pre theatre dining menu before you headed out for the evening.

My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the room to be well appointed and that you appreciated the room’s high standard of decor. Thank you for your kind words regarding the remarkable service you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure you pass on your thanks to all my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Simply excellent. The best London hotel we've stayed in. Staff welcoming and helpful, room lovely, the style of the hotel is quintessentially English and finished to a very high standard. Best cosmopolitans we've tasted in a long time, compliments to the waitor who made them!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 957NCG
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your brilliant experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a remarkable stay with us and that The Chesterfield has earned the title of your favourite hotel in London. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy a drink in our Terrace Bar and I am sure your bar waiter will be delighted to hear that they were the best cosmopolitans you have tasted in quite some time. We pride ourselves on our excellent service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad to see that you experienced this from our friendly and helpful staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our second visit in December and it was once again very good and enjoyable. Service was good and very clean and tidy. Parts are looking a little dated perhaps but so far this hasn't detracted from our stays. Breakfast appeared a lot more efficient than our stay the previous December and we didn't have any problems.

The hotel is perfectly situated for the main tourist and shopping areas and only a few minutes walk from Green Park tube station if you don't wish to walk to Oxford street.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarkCornwall_UK
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing great feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you chose to return to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that your stay with us has left such a lasting impression on you. I am glad the hotel’s location was so convenient for you and that you were able to take advantage of the many shopping areas close to the hotel. We take great pride in our service and I am glad that our professional and friendly staff made you feel at home; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was not only welcomed as a guest but also as part of the Chesterfield family!

A fresh birthday cupcake was left daily in my room ! And I was overwhelmed by the signed Birthday Card from the staff!

Last but not least while on my way to the airpor the hotel called the taxi driver to check whether I was dropped on time!

Amazing stay ! Thank you !

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Popaula
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our boutique hotel and that you felt warmly welcomed by all of my team. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that our extra touches of a birthday cake and card added to your special occasion. I am thrilled that you felt well looked after by my wonderful staff during your stay and that they even made sure you arrived safely to the airport.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.