“the name said it all”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

staff right down to the doorman was fantastic, food out of this world, everything just walking distance away, a must if in London, one o the best ever experience in a hotel I have ever had, world wide traveller

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had a brilliant stay with us and appreciated the hotel’s convenient location. Our hotel restaurant, Butlers serves traditional British cuisine and I am thrilled to learn that you found the food to be delicious. We pride ourselves on our excellent service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure that you experienced this from all members of staff that you encountered.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Chesterfield during the month of May 2014. I have stayed in all three Mayfair properties in the same area and was very pleased with the Chesterfield. It is an easy walk to Piccadilly, Green Park and other notable sites. The area around the Chesterfield has a number of cozy pubs and restaurants. Particularly in Shepherds Market just around the corner.
The Hotel is in the Boutique Category with quaint location and amenities . The staff was excellent from doorman/front desk to the head bartender. It has an excellent bar with very comfortable seating and a great piano player. One of my favorite features was a very large well appointed library area for reading, coffee or a glass of wine. The rooms are small in the European tradition but comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenneth617_12
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read your review and see that you had a marvellous stay in our boutique hotel. I appreciate you highlighting our great location and how we are within walking distance to so many wonderful restaurants and bars.

My Food and Beverage Manager will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our Terrace Bar and that you were able to relax in the comfortable seating and enjoy the music from our resident piano player. The library is the perfect setting for a quiet drink and I am thrilled that the room has left such a lasting impression on you. Thank you for your kind words about the service you experienced throughout the hotel from the doorman, to the front desk staff, to the bartender, we really do appreciate when guests notice our deadication.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Chesterfield is a superb hotel in Mayfair, intimate, friendly, quiet and extraordinarily well-staffed and managed. Well-located just off Berkeley Square, it offers understated British elegance. Afternoon tea is a fine experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Barry G
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. I am pleased to learn that you appreciated the boutique, friendly and cosy atmosphere of the hotel and that the Mayfair location was convenient for you. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to join us for our award winning afternoon tea and that you enjoyed the elegant experience. Thank you also for highlighting the wonderful staff you encountered throughout your stay.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My family an I spend four wonderful days in this hotel pearl with the finest location. We were totally pampered by the very nice staff and had a terrific breakfast every morning. We will cetainly return.

1  Thank Ole M N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a memorable stay with us and that you were impressed with the hotel’s convenient location. My Food and Beverage Manager will be glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast in Butlers Restaurant; a great way to start the day. Our service is something we take great pride in here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I am thrilled that you felt well looked after by my friendly and helpful team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Three friends and I stayed at the Chesterfield, based upon my recommendations, as I had been a guest there several times. Naturally, the staff were on target as being a group of professionals, who possess exquisite charm! We would not even consider another hotel. The room cleanliness, warm decorations, feel of privacy and exclusivity simply add tp the overall charm of this site. The location is perfect in order to shop, catch the underground;/bus/taxi, and nothing is a large task for the staff. Every dining reservation was handled superbly - the hotel bar was the most intimate bar I have ever visited for relaxation, Food, including breakfast and lunch superb! I look forward to going to London, first and foremost, to stay at the Chesterfield and once again shake hands with the team!!! A winner by all standards!!!!

Room Tip: Try to stay on higher floor. Always attempt to add breakfast to your daily rate. Larger room if yo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank William F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your brilliant experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am thrilled to know that we welcomed you back to the hotel and that you were joined by three of your friends on this occasion as well. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be immaculate and that the decor was finished to a high standard as well. Our Mayfair location is ideal for a weekend in London with the major shopping areas, Bond Street and Regent Street a short walking distance from the hotel. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to join us in Butlers Restaurant for both breakfast and lunch and that you were impressed with the delicious food served there. Thank you for your kind words regarding the wonderful service that you experienced throughout the hotel; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have stayed in many hotels in London over the years including several of the ultra-lux properties (Dorchester, Connaught, Park Lane). The Chesterfield has consistently provided us with the best experience in London. The staff's attitude and the overall level of service is beyond even what you might expect in a much more expensive property. This is not only the best value for your money but also is outright the top service hotel you can find. Also a great location. Go for the junior suites - charming and very spacious rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel has left a lasting impression with you. I am delighted to work with such a dedicated and willing team and I am proud that they have warmly welcomed you to the hotel and ensured that you had a memorable stay with us.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel....by far one of the best experiences we've had at a hotel. The staff was great, our room was beautiful, location was perfect and the service provided was above and beyond expectation. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the doorman Michael who was amazing. He was immediately ready to help us plan our four day visit by mapping sights out on a map for us. Next we experienced Englebert who was equally wonderful and never tired from our constant questions and genuinely wanted to help. I have to mention Abigail who greeted us every morning with a smile as we entered the restaurant for the breakfast buffet. She made us feel very welcomed as she asked us our plans for the day.
The hotel is close to many of the cities attractions but is located on a beautiful quiet street. Our room was decorated in proper English style and was very spacious. Such service and surroundings made it hard to leave, but will definitely stay there again when in London.

4  Thank Newbythrasher
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that it was a wonderful experience for you. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel’s location to be so convenient for you and that you appreciated the high standard of decor in our rooms.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team, especially to Michael, our welcoming doorman, to Englebert our helpful porter and to Abigail, our friendly breakfast hostess. I am delighted that we were able to make your stay with us so memorable.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.