“First time in London” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“First time in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our first visit to London was enhanced dramatically by the warm welcome and charm of the entire hotel staff at the Chesterfield. Very helpful and friendly at all stations. Our restaurant experience was equally outstanding--very beautiful dining areas and great food. Our room was an upgraded suite with 2 washrooms and was roomy and pleasant with modern, clean facilities.
The location is simply the best with Hyde Park and Green Park as well as the Palace close by.
The concierge staff reconfirmed all activities and adjusted a few to our advantage with urgency and a smile. Simply no negatives to report--would recommend to all travelers.
Thank you for a wonderful introduction to your great city.

Room Tip: All are quiet and the 2 bathroom suites are very handy when getting out in the mornings.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you chose to stay with us for your first visit to London and that we were able to make it a memorable experience for you. My Restaurant Manager will be glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in Butlers Restaurant and that you were impressed by the delicious British cuisine. We pride ourselves on our high levels of service here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled to learn that you appreciated our helpful and friendly staff, who assisted you with recommendations and directions as well as making you feel right at home during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We only stayed one night and found the room to be comfortable and very clean. Tea/coffee and water were complimentary in the room which is a nice touch. Every member of staff we encountered was pleasant and welcoming and the hotel definitely lived up to it's ethos. The only minus I would give it was the automatic edition of £1 for charity on the bill. The sum is neither here nor there but this isn't a practice that I like. I prefer to have a choice, otherwise a delightful stay.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room overlooking the rather grim rooftops but it did have the advantage of giving...
1 Thank gussington
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this terrific review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our traditionally decorated rooms to be so comfortable and immaculate. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that you appreciated the added touches of complimentary water and tea and coffee making facilities in your room. Thank you for highlighting the friendly and warm service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to share your thoughtful words with my team.

Colchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed end May 2014. We'd planned a lovely meal with friends and didn't want it to end with a 1 1/2 hour trip home on public transport on Saturday night.

Fantastic hotel. The staff are very professional, genuinely welcoming and also down to earth. We had lunch and breakfast at the hotel, delighted with it. (could do better on the tea at breakfast :-) one tea bag only, and the water added was probably not boiling, far too weak -two bags please and made with freshly boiling water please. Twinnings strong breakfast tea is a good bet, or Sainsburys Red Label, or ASDA own brand, what is this whole 'breakfast tea' thing all about??)

This will be our first choice from here on when staying in London.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs: we had intermittent grinding/whirring sound all night in room 502. Bathroom light wa...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair during your recent visit to London. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast at Butlers Restaurant so much that you joined us for lunch as well in our traditional British restaurant. My Executive Chef will be thrilled to learn that you found the experience very enjoyable and did not want it to end. I have passed your comments regarding our tea selection onto my Food and Beverage manager. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our professional and caring staff, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay with our 2 year old. The staff are some of the best we have come across - very friendly, helpful and efficient.

The room was rather small especially with a cot but not a huge issue as we spent a lot of time in the nearby parks and exploring what London has to offer.

The location is exactly where we wanted it to be close to Green Park and St.James park, near the tube, close to some of our favourite restaurants and also very near shopping.

We also loved the small touches for our son - a little super soft robe and a frog for bath time, and chesterfield baby slippers!

We would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank NML0nd0n
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am pleased that you found us to be in the perfect location, near the major shopping areas and parks as well as Mayfair’s lovely restaurants. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am delighted that you appreciated the added touches of our baby slippers and frog sponge for your son. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our friendly and helpful staff; I will be sure to share your review with all of me team here.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Chesterfield Mayfair was exactly where we wanted to be in London. Great spot to explore the beautiful parks, International restaurants and easy access to the Tubes. The staff was outstanding.
And, if you book months ahead, or find a hotel promotion, you will get good value in a very expensive neighborhood. We booked a superior king on their website. The room was too small for the bed. My wife and I had to choreograph our moves to get around. That was the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
On our first day, we arrived around midnight. The night manager greeted us warmly, the bar was open and delicious food was available. Fabulous.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peter N
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the hotel’s central location; close to many of London’s beautiful parks, as well as being a short walk from Green Park tube station. Thank you for highlighting our advanced purchase offer, which offers reduced room rates when the booking is made in advance. I am delighted to hear that after your long journey to the hotel that you were able to relax in our bar and enjoy the comforting food available in our Terrace Bar. We take great pride in the high levels of service that we offer at the hotel and I am glad that you noticed our friendly and warm staff and that they made you feel at home at The Chesterfield.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just spent 5 nights at this wonderful boutique hotel in Mayfair area of the West End of London. I often spend time in Mayfair and have always wanted to try staying at the Chesterfield and this month I had the chance.

Considering the quality of this hotel, the location in the middle of Mayfair and the very high expense of hotels in the West End (albeit all of London), this hotel is I believe a good value. It is not inexpensive but there are plenty of much more expensive hotels in London that are much more expensive and don't deliver the quality of the Chesterfield.

The hotel is comfy small but not too small. The staff is really fantastic, friendly and attentive. The room was very nice, the housekeeping staff very professional, ultra clean room, not overly large (it is London after all) but extremely well appointed. Plenty of plugs for charging devices including a native US plug and and a great workspace if needed. And, a very modern and nice bathroom with a great shower (a key for Americans).

The location is also terrific, just off of Berkeley Sq., close to Shepherd's Market, Piccadilly St., Oxford St, the Green Park tube station and the center of Mayfair. But, not on main street so actually reasonably quiet street with several smaller pubs nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank sdbolts
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had the chance to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I am thrilled that you had a memorable five night stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the high standards that you experienced throughout the hotel and the value for money of our Mayfair boutique property.

My Executive Housekeeper will be pleased to hear that you found the room to be immaculate and well appointed. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am happy to hear that you appreciated the easy accessible plug sockets, the large working space and the powerful rain shower. I am also glad that you found the staff very willing and that you were made feel at home, I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

From the moment we stepped into the reception, even though we were a few hours early, we were welcomed by a smiling receptionist who immediately gave us the impression that we were to receive the very best of service and we did. Our room was small but clean and fully equipped with washing utilities of the highest standards. We would happily recommend this hotel for a central London location to anyone. We did have a slight discrepancy with our bar bill but this was sorted out with the minimum of fuss.

2 Thank RWNorris
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you felt warmly welcomed to the hotel by my team and that everyone provided you with the best care and attention throughout your stay. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to learn that you found the room to be immaculate and well appointed and that you enjoyed a good nights rest in our comfortable beds. I am glad that the location was convenient for you and that you appreciated being in a quaint neighbourhood in central London.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back again.