“Afternoon Tea was Lovely !! Made it even Fantastic by the Staff !”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Afternoon Tea was Lovely !! Made it even Fantastic by the Staff !”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I do not know why I picked this hotel but I did and I was sure glad. The hotel was very beautiful and welcoming. From the start to the lovely Mr. Waseem I believe must be from Reception on the phone to Restaurant Manager Loris who made our Afternoon Tea Great ! Even when we ran late they didn't mind and must not forget the Doorman such a nice young man with all his jokes. An experience that shouldn't be missed and I will definitely go back !

• Stayed June 2014
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience with us and that you will definitely be joining us again. Thank you for your kind words regarding the fantastic service that you experienced from making your reservation with Wasim, to being well looked after by Loris and his team, right through to the friendly doorman. I will be sure to personally pass on your thanks to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel epitomises every thing I imagined of London. Excellent staff, service and location all friendly and welcoming, breakfast in a beautiful dining room and the evening meal ,compliments to the chef. High Tea in the most delightful surroundings was very pleasurable. My single room was small but very comfortable . As a traveller on my own the concierge and staff were very helpful I have no hesitation in recommending the Chesterfield Mayfair to anyone travelling and staying in London. Thank you for making my stay a memorial one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Marylou551
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found the rooms to be most comfortable. My Executive Chef will be delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to dine in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the breakfast, dinner and afternoon tea to be delicious. I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so friendly and eager to help: I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here, especially the concierge team who made sure you found your way around London and gave expert advice on everything to see and do in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Ambilly, France
Reviewed 10 June 2014

3rd time there, and as good as ever...
Perfect location, perfect service, beautiful & comfortable bedrooms, amazing staff!
I went there with my 2 children for a 2 nights stay and we were so spoiled from start to finish, that my children didn't want to leave ;-)
Ask for the cupcake decoration course with the Chef, it's a must for kids! :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Claire003
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you have returned to stay with us and that you and your family had an enjoyable visit. I am delighted that you found our central location to be ideal and that the bedrooms were luxurious and comfortable for you as well. We pride ourselves on our personalised service here at the hotel and I am thrilled that you kids enjoyed the opportunity to decorate cupcakes with our Chef and it helped to make their stay extra special.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I had a great week in this hotel. Everything was superlative, the team was very friendly and helpful. The hotel deserves to be classified in category 5 stars.
The restaurant is fantastic, top food, perhaps deserved Michelin star.
Breakfast is hearty, tea and lovely cakes and evening dinner were the story.
The bar is relaxing live piano music.
Thank you and for sure when we get back to London we will visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your week long stay with us and found the staff to be so caring and welcoming. We take great pride in the quality of dining at our restaurant and our Executive Chef will be pleased that you found our food to be of a very high standard. Our Terrace Bar is the perfect spot to sit back and relax in after a busy day and I am glad that you enjoyed our live piano music.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a great hotel. Location is outstanding - walking distance to Harrods, Chinatown, and most major attractions. Service is second to none. Every request was handled immediately and with a smile. We have stayed at the Dorchester on previous visits but The Chesterfield Mayfair is our go to location in the future..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read that your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair was a pleasant and memorable one. I am delighted that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s brilliant location, with so many of London’s wonders within walking distance of the hotel. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding my friendly and welcoming team and I am thrilled that they made sure you were well looked after during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After a long haul flight from Australia you just take a deep breath as you are welcomed into the wonderful charm of this brilliant hotel in the heart of London. The room was compact but but well appointed and we could open the windows. All the room amenities are first class and bed and pillows as we like them. The breakfast is sensational with the staff looking outstanding in their uniforms - like stepping back in time in a good way. I wanted to mention the head doorman was always helpful and gave us excellent advice, and all the staff matched this service level. In the heart of Mayfair means you are staying at a pretty good address so you will expect to pay a little more for accommodation but if the property fits your budget - book now. We look forward for an opportunity to leave the colony and visit The Chesterfield

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you were warmly welcomed to the hotel after your long journey and that you immediately felt at home in our boutique atmosphere. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be well appointed and that you slept well in the comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind words regarding our professional and caring staff; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here for making your stay with us so enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Top notch in every way. Little extra gem was the complimentary sherry in the lobby. My friend and I loved our weekend shopping break and will definitely book here again. Afternoon tea is a must . All the staff were genuine , happy and extremely helpful .

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can.