“Pure Indulgence”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Pure Indulgence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was invited by friends for afternoon tea in celebration of my birthday - a milestone! The experience was perfect, the food absolutely delicious and the staff friendly and attentive yet discreet. So relaxing and genteel was the atmosphere, we lingered for nearly three hours, topped up repeatedly with extra delicacies and a range of tasty teas.............pure delight.
I cannot praise the gentlemen who looked after us too highly, they made us feel very special. Thank you, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you chose to join us for your birthday celebrations and that you had a perfect experience with us. My Executive Chef will be delighted to hear that you found the food to be delicious and that you were impressed with the wide selection of teas available on our menu. I am glad that the staff added to your experience and that we were able to make it a memorable visit for you.

We look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Traveling with my 19 y/o daughter to London, we selected the Chesterfield Mayfair for our 8 night stay after extensive research. Nestled on a beautiful residential street but right in the heart of Mayfair, we hoped for a true London experience and The Chesterfield Mayfair was spot on! The lobby is beautiful and, upon arrival, the staff immediately welcomed us like family. Our room, as anticipated, was smaller by U.S. standards, BUT very comfortable and beautifully appointed with excellent storage and individual temperature controls.

The location of the hotel was so wonderful; nightlife is active in the area, restaurants abound and we could walk to myriad locations: Buckingham Palace, Park Lane, Hyde Park, SOHO, Oxford and Regent Streets, Berkeley Square and the Green Park Tube stop is only 5 minutes away. While we are always aware of our surroundings, we felt very comfortable walking in the area. But, if we preferred a taxi, we never had to wait as the Doorman quietly and consistently took care of us.

During our stay, I reached out to several departments including Housekeeping, Concierge and the Front Desk for different reasons and was consistently delighted by the immediacy and thoroughness of each encounter. On several evenings, we stopped by the Terrace Bar after a busy day of sightseeing or a memorable dinner in town. It was our favorite place to relax, have tea or a bit of dessert. We completely fell in love with Bea Tollman's Honeycomb Ice Cream!

The staff are superb; the epitome of professionalism and kindness and they definitely made this a trip to remember. We will definitely return to The Chesterfield Mayfair!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Ginny R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to learn that you and your daughter enjoyed your long stay with us and that you felt warmly welcomed to the hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that our boutique hotel offered you a true London experience and that you felt right at home in the traditional atmosphere of the hotel.

My Executive House keeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be the perfect temperature and comfortable as well. The hotel is centrally located with most of the main London sights a short walk from the hotel and I am glad that you found it easy to get a taxi for those longer journeys.

Our owner Beatrice Tollman will be thrilled to lean that you enjoyed her delicious Honeycomb Ice cream and that you took the opportunity to enjoy it in our relaxing, cosy Terrace Bar. We invest greatly into the training of our staff and I am thrilled that you noticed the professionalism and level of care shown by my team; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the staff here.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My 11-year old daughter and I spent 3 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair. The room with 2 twin beds was the perfect size (and price point) for us. We were able to walk to restaurants and to the Underground. The staff was helpful in making reservations for events and dinners.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NTN2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you and your daughter had an enjoyable stay with us. The hotel is ideally situated right in the heart of Mayfair and I am thrilled that you found it convenient to the restaurants in the area. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and it gives me great pleasure to know that you experienced our five star treatment.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I do not know why I picked this hotel but I did and I was sure glad. The hotel was very beautiful and welcoming. From the start to the lovely Mr. Waseem I believe must be from Reception on the phone to Restaurant Manager Loris who made our Afternoon Tea Great ! Even when we ran late they didn't mind and must not forget the Doorman such a nice young man with all his jokes. An experience that shouldn't be missed and I will definitely go back !

• Stayed June 2014
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience with us and that you will definitely be joining us again. Thank you for your kind words regarding the fantastic service that you experienced from making your reservation with Wasim, to being well looked after by Loris and his team, right through to the friendly doorman. I will be sure to personally pass on your thanks to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel epitomises every thing I imagined of London. Excellent staff, service and location all friendly and welcoming, breakfast in a beautiful dining room and the evening meal ,compliments to the chef. High Tea in the most delightful surroundings was very pleasurable. My single room was small but very comfortable . As a traveller on my own the concierge and staff were very helpful I have no hesitation in recommending the Chesterfield Mayfair to anyone travelling and staying in London. Thank you for making my stay a memorial one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Marylou551
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found the rooms to be most comfortable. My Executive Chef will be delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to dine in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the breakfast, dinner and afternoon tea to be delicious. I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so friendly and eager to help: I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here, especially the concierge team who made sure you found your way around London and gave expert advice on everything to see and do in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Ambilly, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

3rd time there, and as good as ever...
Perfect location, perfect service, beautiful & comfortable bedrooms, amazing staff!
I went there with my 2 children for a 2 nights stay and we were so spoiled from start to finish, that my children didn't want to leave ;-)
Ask for the cupcake decoration course with the Chef, it's a must for kids! :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Claire003
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you have returned to stay with us and that you and your family had an enjoyable visit. I am delighted that you found our central location to be ideal and that the bedrooms were luxurious and comfortable for you as well. We pride ourselves on our personalised service here at the hotel and I am thrilled that you kids enjoyed the opportunity to decorate cupcakes with our Chef and it helped to make their stay extra special.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I had a great week in this hotel. Everything was superlative, the team was very friendly and helpful. The hotel deserves to be classified in category 5 stars.
The restaurant is fantastic, top food, perhaps deserved Michelin star.
Breakfast is hearty, tea and lovely cakes and evening dinner were the story.
The bar is relaxing live piano music.
Thank you and for sure when we get back to London we will visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your week long stay with us and found the staff to be so caring and welcoming. We take great pride in the quality of dining at our restaurant and our Executive Chef will be pleased that you found our food to be of a very high standard. Our Terrace Bar is the perfect spot to sit back and relax in after a busy day and I am glad that you enjoyed our live piano music.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.