“small room, elegant attitude”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bantam, Connecticut, United States
“small room, elegant attitude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

perfect service, what you expect from staff in top hats. gorgeous, ingenious redo of small bathroom--making the most of space, teeny, tiny very clean room with too much furniture and a view of a brick wall. disappointing breakfast (there are lots of places around the corner since it is in the City), definitely has the feel of the old neighborhood.

Room Tip: if you have an opportunity to upgrade, it's probably worth it.
1 Thank Patricia R
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be immaculate; I have added to your notes that you prefer less furniture in your room for future stays with us. I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast offering, as it is only through feedback that we can improve and we are currently working on developing our breakfast menu and buffet. I am thrilled to learn that you found the service to be perfect during your stay, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Located in a quiet residential area, at walking distance from many London attractions.
Did not dine there, but breakfast and afternoon tea were excellent in quality and service.
Room not too big but complete with many typical "english" accessories.
Remarks:
- Some noise from airco units on a roof close to the room window
- With all lights off, the telephone green screen is too bright: had to cover him.
- I was charged 1.5 gbp each for two short local calls... :-(

Room Tip: Ask for room not close to airco units.
1 Thank alfa4711
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a memorable stay with us and that you appreciated the hotel’s central location. Thank you for your comments regarding your room preference, which I have now added to your profile for future stays. I appreciate you mentioning the telephone light, which I have now asked My Chief Engineer to address. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your breakfast and afternoon tea and that you found the service to be of a very high standard.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Overall, an extremely pleasant experience at this hotel, highlighted by superb service levels. The hotel is located in a quiet part of Mayfair yet within a sort walking distance to attractions such as Picadilly, Hyde Park etc. My only problem with the hotel was that our room (Superior King) was extremely small and it was difficult to manoeuvre around with two adults in the room and our luggage, but overall, I would happily stay there again

1 Thank SDJ147
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was ideal for you, close to many of London’s attractions. Thank you for your comments regarding the room, we will make note of your room preferences for your future stay with us. I am thrilled that you found the service that you experienced during your stay to be superb, we really appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a fabulous hotel, the staff go out of their way to make your stay just perfect.
Biagio the restaurant manager was very attentive to detail, we had afternoon tea which was superb and Antonio was just a charming waiter. Will always return to this hotel as its beautiful through out, cant do nothing but praise it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the service you experienced was outstanding. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here, especially Biagio and Antonio, who made sure that you had a wonderful afternoon tea with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

A wonderful stay. Very nice and friendly staff. Had lovely room got an upgrade in larger room, love the location in a quiet street in the heart of London closer to the great pubs, restaurants and the Tube. Will back again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found the room to be comfortable. The hotel is ideally situated in a quiet corner of Mayfair, yet close to many great pubs and restaurants and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our location. Thank you for your kind words regarding the warm and helpful staff that you experienced during your stay and I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here.

Letchworth Garden City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

What a joy. A excellent afternoon tea served by a attentive staff. The hotel has two bee hives on the roof, yes in Central London, this is reflected in the cakes served and the pot of honey on the table. A excellent choice of teas. Worth the visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your afternoon tea experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to see that you enjoyed your afternoon tea here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that you enjoyed our honey themed pastries and the influence of our bee hives. I am delighted that the staff was able to add to the occasion and that we have been able to make it a memorable visit for you.

We look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not cheap, but rather cosy and well worth the experience.
When visiting London I like to try and reacquaint myself with the 'old town' and look for architectural character and some formalities in the restaurants and hotels I stay at.
Pound for pound, The Chesterfield keeps coming out on top for me.
The suite rooms have some lush, exotic themes, the piano bar gets vibrant some evenings and the roast of the day is always excellent in the restaurant. I was also surprised and impressed with the extensive international wines cellared.
This Mayfair location is unbeatable and no guest will leave London disappointed, I am very confident of that.

Room Tip: Spend an extra 125 quid per night for a themed room and make your visit much more memorable. If t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
I am pleased that The Chesterfield Mayfair was exactly what you look for in a hotel; traditional and formal yet a cosy and family like atmosphere. A number of our rooms have different styles and I am glad that the decor was to your liking. We take great pride in our Roast of the Day offering at Butler’s Restaurant and I am thrilled that you found it to be delicious and that you were impressed by our carefully selected wine list.