“Wonderful - Beyond our expectations”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nichols Hills, Oklahoma
“Wonderful - Beyond our expectations”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Being able to stay at the Chesterfield in Mayfair is an indulgence in luxury. While the rooms, elevator, and lobby are small, they utilize every square millimeter to perfection. Every detail has been thought out and designed with the guest in mind. Other than space and a proprietary view, I do not know how any hotel in London could be better.

The location is perfect and well, it is Mayfair. What else can one say? A great area to take a walk and enjoy life. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kuro1
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review of your stay at The Chesterfield.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found
our hotel to be luxurious. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at the hotel and I am glad that you appreciated the small touches throughout. Our quaint Mayfair neighbourhood is beautiful to enjoy a stroll and I am glad that you took advantage of our fine surroundings.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Wigan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Chesterfield and it was just as good as the first time.

It really is a fantastic Hotel.

Excellent location, close to Piccadilly, Mayfair, Green Park etc.

Everything is thought of and supplied in the Hotel - Bath Robes, Tea and Coffee making facilities, luxury bath products, iron in the room, super tasty strawberries left on the room on turndown, even needle and thread and stationery supplies.

Most of all the Staff are magnificent - perfect service !!

If you visit London, you must consider the Chesterfield
, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 426 - The Study
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you have returned to the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that you had another fantastic stay with us and that our Mayfair location was ideal for you. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at the hotel; I am delighted that you found the room to be well appointed with bath robes, tea and coffee making facilities and have everything that you may need.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding the perfect service you received during your stay; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I don't normally use superlatives but the Chesterfield earned the praise. The staff were exceptional in their friendliness and helpful service. We needed a restaurant on a Friday night and Tony, the concierge made two phone calls and got us a reservation at a very good Thai restaurant. Other nights we had already booked at nearby restaurants in Shepherds Market (one block away).
The location was just perfect for us as we like to visit Green Park (2 blocks away) and Berkeley Square (one block) as well as spend a lot of time shopping on Piccadilly. We had a breakfast package included with our room, again something we appreciated because we don't like wasting time wandering around for a morning meal. The Chesterfield's breakfast was perfect for our tastes ... fresh orange juice, very good coffee, 3 or 4 small, thin pancakes (very light), smoked salmon with a toasted bagel, eggs cooked exactly to my wife's order. Restaurant is beautiful. One thing I noticed .. of all the small light bulbs in the restaurant, not a single one was burned out. Indicates attention to detail.
Our room was small with only one good chair to sit in but we spent most of our time outside. I also had to adjust to the air conditioning ... it can be quite strong. Even so, my high metabolism caused me to sweat under the sheets/blanket combination until I figured out how to separate the two components.
The bathroom was ample in size. The shower put out water at an amazing rate .. great way to start the day.
One convenient touch that I haven't always found in London ... electrical outlets were for both UK and US plugs. No need for a converter when charging phones or using a hair dryer.

I visited the bar a couple of times; if you like Gin & Tonics as I do, make sure you specify with a lime as the bartender was inclined to use a lemon slice. The drink was great (but expensive) and the accompanying nuts and olives were a good snack to hold me until dinner. The bar was quiet enough to watch the World Cup in peace.
In summary, the Chesterfield compares favorably to other hotels in Mayfair and is at the top of my list for our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.
It gives me great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our location to be ideal with Green Park, Berkeley Square and Piccadilly all a short walk from the hotel. My Restaurant Manager will be delighted to know that you found the breakfast offering to be delicious and varied and that it set you up for a day of exploring London.

We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled that you appreciated the small touches throughout the hotel, including all light bulbs in working order and our multi electrical outlets. I am glad to hear that you found our bathrooms to be well appointed and that you were impressed with our rain showers and how they helped to wake you up every morning.

I am pleased to learn that you found our staff to be friendly and obliging. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to them, especially to our concierge Tony who assisted you with restaurant reservations, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair as a wonderful place to stay in London, I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a small charming, full service hotel, with excellent service and friendliness. Located on a quiet street not far from points of interest where you can walk or find transportation to.. The room was well appointed, but small, however, there are several lovely spaces to enjoy on the ground floor for tea, drinks, or just reading the paper.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your terrific review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I am glad that you appreciated our excellent location and how the delights of London are easily accessed by foot. It gives me great pleasure to know that you found our traditionally decorated rooms to be well appointed. Our boutique hotel offers many quiet spaces, such as the library, where guests can sit and unwind and I am thrilled that you made took advantage spaces to relax and enjoy a cup of tea and read the paper.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice location; near plenty of eating and drinking establishments in Shepherd's market. Concierge helpful; arranged barber shop appointment for me. Rooms small but well-done, clean and comfy.
Definitely worth a return visit

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DFWSteve
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to know that our location was ideal for you with a great choice of restaurants and bars in the Mayfair area. I am thrilled that you found our rooms to be well appointed and immaculate and that you had a great night’s rest in the comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind words regarding the kind and helpful concierge staff that you experienced and I am thrilled that we will continue to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Honolulu
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was our first trip to London and I have to say that this little jewel of a hotel was the highlight of our trip! From the time we arrived we were treated with the kind of TLC that other hotels only talk about and never deliver. The small but well-appointed rooms and restaurant and bar were all great, what really impressed me the most was their staff. They treat you so well, you feel like you're their most important VIP! I definitely recommend you try this property the next time you're in London .. you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thednadad
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you chose to stay with us for your first ever trip to London and that you had a fantastic stay with us. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to hear that you found our rooms to be well appointed and that you appreciated the traditional decor. Thank you for your kind words regarding the service that you experienced throughout your stay and I am glad that you felt welcomed from the moment your arrived with us. I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here and thank them on your behalf.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Bantam, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

perfect service, what you expect from staff in top hats. gorgeous, ingenious redo of small bathroom--making the most of space, teeny, tiny very clean room with too much furniture and a view of a brick wall. disappointing breakfast (there are lots of places around the corner since it is in the City), definitely has the feel of the old neighborhood.

Room Tip: if you have an opportunity to upgrade, it's probably worth it.
1 Thank Patricia R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be immaculate; I have added to your notes that you prefer less furniture in your room for future stays with us. I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast offering, as it is only through feedback that we can improve and we are currently working on developing our breakfast menu and buffet. I am thrilled to learn that you found the service to be perfect during your stay, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.