“Close to everything but away from crowds.”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Close to everything but away from crowds.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I did not find any bad review of this hotel anywhere on the web. Nicely decorated in classical British club style, located on a quite street in a very center of Mayfair Close to: Hyde Park and Green Park, Oxford and Bond street shopping, Piccadilly, multiple tube stations and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small choose King rooms they are bigger
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you felt right at home in our cosy and boutique atmosphere. Thank you for highlighting the hotel’s ideal location; tucked away in a quiet corner in Mayfair, yet close to many of London’s main attractions.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Mount Vernon, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a 2 nighter as we were primarily travelling via the Queen Mary 2. Met some friends and family straight off the ship and we all stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair for a few days. The morning diningroom was a bit chaotic but tea was lovely as was a late night snack at the bar. The room was plush and comfortable. Conveniently located for a walk about and most attractions close by via taxi. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank skytroubie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that your group enjoyed their two night stay with us and that you found the location to be ideal. My Restaurant Manager will be thrilled to learn that you found our afternoon tea to be delicious and that you also had the chance to enjoy bar snacks in our cosy bar. I am glad that you found our bedrooms to be well decorated and comfortable as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed recently at the Chesterfield Mayfair and had a fantastic time for our. Anniversary. The Superior Room was fantastic and the English breakfast could not have been better. We are looking forward to our stay this October.

Room Tip: I would upgrade to a superior room if you want some extra space and on the quieter side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you and your wife chose to celebrate your anniversary with us and that we were able to add to your special occasion. I am happy to hear that you took pleasure in the large range of fresh food on offer for breakfast and that it set you up for a busy day in London.

We greatly anticipate your visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in October and I am thrilled that you will be joining us again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in every way: the room marvelous, the location unbeatable, the ambiance clubby but welcoming, the staff gracious. From the bell captain to waitperson in the restaurant to the footman hailing a cab -- my husband and I found everyone knowledgeable and very kind. What a find! I write this for future travelers but mostly so that a hotel so well run be rewarded for its efforts.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am thrilled to learn that you found the hotel to be warm and cosy and that you enjoyed the traditional character and charm of our boutique hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that you found the service throughout the hotel to be excellent, from the friendly doorman to the attentive restaurant staff; we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our second visit to this wonderful and charming Hotel, very British with staff that just want to help and make your stay as memorable as possible, we had a refurbished room on the seventh floor which was perfect.
We booked a weekend break direct through the hotel which was excellent value which included breakfast and afternoon tea which we had on Sunday afternoon, which was very nice with a pianist playing in the background, after tea most people where given a little goody box which included a further generous portion of cakes in a lovley package to take home.
We booked the hotel also for its location as we where going to the O2 to see Robbie Williams, we had a five min walk to Green Park station which was then a further 20mins on the Jubilee Line straight to the venue.
We have booked another weekend in |December and the prices have increased !

Room Tip: We where on the Seventh floor very quiet, previous we had a third floor room also very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you have returned to stay at our traditional British hotel and that you once again had a memorable experience with us. Thank you for highlighting the fantastic offers which are available by calling the hotel directly. The weekend package is indeed excellent value, with afternoon tea, breakfast, Champagne and a late check out included; it really does make the most of a weekend break.

The hotel is located a short walk from Green Park station and I am thrilled that you found it convenient to travel to the concert at the O2. Finally I greatly appreciate you mentioning our helpful and friendly staff and I am delighted that they added to the enjoyment of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in December.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The Chesterfield hotel in Mayfair , Central London with Style, Elegance and Luxury , coupled with 5 star service from friendly ,efficient staff.
Nothing was too much trouble .
The rooms were of a very high standard , with comfortable beds.
The welcoming bar stayed open until the last person left.
The breakfast was without doubt the finest ever.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Foodie042
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and that you appreciated the stylish decor and cosy atmosphere of our boutique hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to hear that you had a great night’s sleep in our comfortable beds and that you found the rooms to be immaculate.

The Terrace Bar is a great spot to enjoy a drink and snacks after a long busy day in the city and I am delighted to know that you were able to relax in the traditional setting. We pride ourselves on really caring for our guests here and I am delighted that you appreciated our attention to detail, I will be sure to share your review with my team and pass on your thanks.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

There are many lovely things about this hotel, starting with its staff, its location, and the sublime bed.

In the (small) room, everything works, and how often can you say that about a hotel room? There's a heated towel-rail to dry the little things you've washed in the sink (which stoppers properly), a safe, tea facilities, multiple wall sockets to accommodate different plugs (very smart, Chesterfield); an iron. Some office supplies in a drawer - that's a nice touch, too. Fresh milk for your tea, on request.

The street noise is manageable, and you can open the windows. Green Park tube station is a scant ten-minute walk away, as is Gymkhana restaurant.

There are a few downsides. The shower's excellent, but there's less hot water as the day draws on. Noise travels between rooms - TV, conversations; enough to keep you awake. During my stay there was something like a pump whirring in the background, too.

The hotel shouldn't place decorative damask cushions right atop the bed's clean cotton pillows. So a few points off for that, and for the noise and the lukewarm water in the evenings. I'd still give it 4.5, if I could, and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the beds to be most comfortable. We pride ourselves in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that you noticed the extra touches such as the heated towel rail, stationery, and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities.

I am pleased that you found the location to be so convenient for you with Green Park tube station a short walk away from the hotel. I appreciate you highlighting a few of your concerns, which I will be sure to look into, as it is only through feedback such as this that we can continue to improve. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.