“A great place to stay...” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mesa, Arizona
“A great place to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Loved this place. Great boutique hotel. Don't stay at a large chain hotel. The service is awesome. The staff is very very friendly, professional and willing to help. The location is wonderful and in walking distance to many great sights, including Buckingham Palace. Short walk to Green Park subway station (Underground) which is about 45 mins to/from Heathrow with all the stops, and short walks to Green Park and Hyde Park. Short cab or walking distance to good food, shopping and Central London attractions. Many of the tour buses stop a couple blocks away at the Green Park underground stop. Great English Buffet set up that you can enjoy in the garden room: fresh fruits, danishes, juices, eggs, breads, granola, cheese and meat, etc... Not a tea drinker but I'm sure they did that well. Rooms are very nice and clean (with tapestries on the wall for a nice touch) but small like most big cities. The concierge will get you tickets to most attractions to save time waiting in lines... Loved it..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt at home in our boutique hotel. Our Mayfair location is close to Green Park station, as well as many of the major London sights and I am glad that you took advantage of this central location.

My Executive Chef will be happy to hear that you appreciated the wide range of fresh and varied food available for breakfast, which surely set you up for your day exploring London. I am pleased to learn that you found your room to be immaculate and well appointed and that you appreciated the level of decor as well.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly and helpful service that you experienced, especially our concierge team who were able to assist you with bookings.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was traveling alone when I stayed at The Chesterfield hotel, before and after a cruise. It could be a home away from home. The staff is superb, the dining room and bar area are excellent, as was the bedroom. Mayfair is wonderful, you can walk through Green Park to Buckingham Palace and it seems you're close to everything. Comfy luxury is what you'll find at the Chesterfield. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt at home in our boutique hotel. My Food and Beverage Manager will be happy to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy the cosy atmosphere of Butlers Restaurant and our Terrace Bar. We take great pride in our service here at the hotel and I am delighted that you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly.

Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair. It is convenient to Green Park and Hyde Park, and a short walk to the Underground. It was a short subway ride to all the major attractions and easy to navigate; grab a day pass - you'll get your moneys worth. The Chesterfield staff was friendly and helpful. Although our arrival was well-before check-in, they managed to have our room ready in 90 minutes. Fabulous dinner at the Butler Restaurant - the Dover Sole is highly recommended. The room was clean and good-size considering the normal European hotel room. Perfect for a couple getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you and your husband had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the hotel’s location ideal with Green Park tube station a short walk away from the hotel. My Restaurant Manager will be delighted to hear that you had the chance to join us in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the food to be delicious, especially our famous Dover Sole. Thank you for your kind words regarding the polite and helpful staff that you experienced throughout your stay; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I did not find any bad review of this hotel anywhere on the web. Nicely decorated in classical British club style, located on a quite street in a very center of Mayfair Close to: Hyde Park and Green Park, Oxford and Bond street shopping, Piccadilly, multiple tube stations and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small choose King rooms they are bigger
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you felt right at home in our cosy and boutique atmosphere. Thank you for highlighting the hotel’s ideal location; tucked away in a quiet corner in Mayfair, yet close to many of London’s main attractions.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Mount Vernon, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a 2 nighter as we were primarily travelling via the Queen Mary 2. Met some friends and family straight off the ship and we all stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair for a few days. The morning diningroom was a bit chaotic but tea was lovely as was a late night snack at the bar. The room was plush and comfortable. Conveniently located for a walk about and most attractions close by via taxi. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank skytroubie
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to know that your group enjoyed their two night stay with us and that you found the location to be ideal. My Restaurant Manager will be thrilled to learn that you found our afternoon tea to be delicious and that you also had the chance to enjoy bar snacks in our cosy bar. I am glad that you found our bedrooms to be well decorated and comfortable as well.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed recently at the Chesterfield Mayfair and had a fantastic time for our. Anniversary. The Superior Room was fantastic and the English breakfast could not have been better. We are looking forward to our stay this October.

Room Tip: I would upgrade to a superior room if you want some extra space and on the quieter side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you and your wife chose to celebrate your anniversary with us and that we were able to add to your special occasion. I am happy to hear that you took pleasure in the large range of fresh food on offer for breakfast and that it set you up for a busy day in London.

We greatly anticipate your visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in October and I am thrilled that you will be joining us again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in every way: the room marvelous, the location unbeatable, the ambiance clubby but welcoming, the staff gracious. From the bell captain to waitperson in the restaurant to the footman hailing a cab -- my husband and I found everyone knowledgeable and very kind. What a find! I write this for future travelers but mostly so that a hotel so well run be rewarded for its efforts.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am thrilled to learn that you found the hotel to be warm and cosy and that you enjoyed the traditional character and charm of our boutique hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that you found the service throughout the hotel to be excellent, from the friendly doorman to the attentive restaurant staff; we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.