“Afternoon Tea is awsome”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the first time I and my family having a traditional British afternoon tea. The service is really great. All the waiters are young, polite and extremely friendly. Even though the hotel is heavily filled with history and tradition,you can tell that those young waiters are passionate about their job, and more importantly are proud of their dinning tradition.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your afternoon tea experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you chose The Chesterfield Mayfair for you first ever experience of afternoon tea and that you greatly enjoyed the British tradition. I am delighted that the staff were able to add to the occasion and that their passion and enthusiasm helped make it a memorable visit for you.

We look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I recently returned from a five night stay at this amazing hotel. The hotel is immaculate and the room was lovely. We were treated like royalty and any requests were taken care of in a matter of minutes. We want to thank the manager, Oliver Raggett and his entire staff for taking such good care of us!!! We will definitely return to the Chesterfield Mayfair upon our next trip to London.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that you felt well looked after during your stay. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to hear that you found the rooms immaculate and that you appreciated the high standard of decor. It gives me great pleasure to know that our family run hotel has left such an impression on you and that you experienced the warmth of The Chesterfield family in our traditionally English boutique hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team here.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2014

After hours spent researching various hotels for our 5 night London stay, we decided that the Chesterfield Mayfair offered everything we wanted in a hotel - wonderful boutique size, superb location for accessing all that London has to offer (as outlined by the reviewers below), a quiet street without loud commercial activity infringing on a person's sleep, and the lovely ambience of Mayfair itself. We could not have made a better choice. The Chesterfield is lovely, as are the wonderful people who work there. From the doormen, to the reservation desk, to the concierge staff, to housekeeping, the wonderful people in the restaurant and everyone else, they were so friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful. After returning to the hotel in the afternoons or evenings, we were welcomed back as though part of the family. Truly a wondeful experience. There is a 100% chance we will return, hopefully very soon, and I will be recommending this excellent hotel to anyone I know of heading to London. Our stay could not have been more delightful.

Room Tip: Each and every room is individually decorated and all that we saw had their own personalities. Some...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vieuxcarre

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing thorough feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair has left such a lasting impression on you and that you speak so highly of your time with us. We love to create a warm and cosy atmosphere in our boutique hotel and I am thrilled that you felt part of our Chesterfield family during your stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting the hotel’s location; tucked away in a quiet corner in Mayfair, yet within walking distance to many of the main London sights. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield and I am glad that our professional and friendly staff made you feel at home; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Loved this place. Great boutique hotel. Don't stay at a large chain hotel. The service is awesome. The staff is very very friendly, professional and willing to help. The location is wonderful and in walking distance to many great sights, including Buckingham Palace. Short walk to Green Park subway station (Underground) which is about 45 mins to/from Heathrow with all the stops, and short walks to Green Park and Hyde Park. Short cab or walking distance to good food, shopping and Central London attractions. Many of the tour buses stop a couple blocks away at the Green Park underground stop. Great English Buffet set up that you can enjoy in the garden room: fresh fruits, danishes, juices, eggs, breads, granola, cheese and meat, etc... Not a tea drinker but I'm sure they did that well. Rooms are very nice and clean (with tapestries on the wall for a nice touch) but small like most big cities. The concierge will get you tickets to most attractions to save time waiting in lines... Loved it..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt at home in our boutique hotel. Our Mayfair location is close to Green Park station, as well as many of the major London sights and I am glad that you took advantage of this central location.

My Executive Chef will be happy to hear that you appreciated the wide range of fresh and varied food available for breakfast, which surely set you up for your day exploring London. I am pleased to learn that you found your room to be immaculate and well appointed and that you appreciated the level of decor as well.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly and helpful service that you experienced, especially our concierge team who were able to assist you with bookings.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was traveling alone when I stayed at The Chesterfield hotel, before and after a cruise. It could be a home away from home. The staff is superb, the dining room and bar area are excellent, as was the bedroom. Mayfair is wonderful, you can walk through Green Park to Buckingham Palace and it seems you're close to everything. Comfy luxury is what you'll find at the Chesterfield. Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt at home in our boutique hotel. My Food and Beverage Manager will be happy to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy the cosy atmosphere of Butlers Restaurant and our Terrace Bar. We take great pride in our service here at the hotel and I am delighted that you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair. It is convenient to Green Park and Hyde Park, and a short walk to the Underground. It was a short subway ride to all the major attractions and easy to navigate; grab a day pass - you'll get your moneys worth. The Chesterfield staff was friendly and helpful. Although our arrival was well-before check-in, they managed to have our room ready in 90 minutes. Fabulous dinner at the Butler Restaurant - the Dover Sole is highly recommended. The room was clean and good-size considering the normal European hotel room. Perfect for a couple getaway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you and your husband had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the hotel’s location ideal with Green Park tube station a short walk away from the hotel. My Restaurant Manager will be delighted to hear that you had the chance to join us in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the food to be delicious, especially our famous Dover Sole. Thank you for your kind words regarding the polite and helpful staff that you experienced throughout your stay; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I did not find any bad review of this hotel anywhere on the web. Nicely decorated in classical British club style, located on a quite street in a very center of Mayfair Close to: Hyde Park and Green Park, Oxford and Bond street shopping, Piccadilly, multiple tube stations and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small choose King rooms they are bigger
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you felt right at home in our cosy and boutique atmosphere. Thank you for highlighting the hotel’s ideal location; tucked away in a quiet corner in Mayfair, yet close to many of London’s main attractions.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.