“2 night stay”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #15 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights before a British Isles Cruise. The location is a 5 minute walk from Green Park Station and it's a short walk to Hyde Park. The National Gallery, Buckingham Palace and many other sites are within a 30 minute walk from the hotel. The room was small but had all the emanities we need. We booked the breakfast and afternoon tea package and were delighted by both. We were also supposed to get a bottle of champagne that they forgot to deliver but gladly posted a credit to our final bill.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to write this great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant two night stay with us before you headed away on your cruise. Thank you for high lighting our central Mayfair location with Green Park a short walk from the hotel as well as many London’s main attractions. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at the hotel and I am thrilled that you found the room to be well appointed with our complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and stationery supplies. I am delighted to learn that you had the opportunity to join us in Butlers Restaurant for breakfast and afternoon tea and that you thoroughly enjoyed them.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Write a ReviewReviews (3,427)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in The Chesterfield Mayfair the last weekend in July, we were staying for 1 night. It was our anniversary and we were greeted in the room with 2 cards congratulating us on our anniversary, one from the general manager and the other from members of the team working in the hotel. I was nicely surprised to see that detail was remembered and thought of. Our room was lovely and the beds so comfortable, I wished we were staying longer! The bathrooms are a really nice size and they are generous with the bathroom toiletries provided, along with bath robes and very comfy slippers!
We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant that evening and the service was really excellent. We were made to feel so welcome and important. The food was really incredible, topped with the excellent service, I would go there time and time again! I have eaten in many restaurants in the Mayfair area and would question the service in some restaurants but in this hotel you are a person and a very important one at that!
For breakfast, there was a array of food to choose from along with the menu for a cooked breakfast, it catered to both our needs.
I must say the professionalism demonstrated in this hotel was excellent, clearly the staff are trained to a high standard and not once did I see this slip. Would I go back? Most definitely!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and that we were able to make your anniversary even more special with our added touches. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to learn that you found the beds so luxurious and that you appreciated the attention to detail in your room, especially the toiletries and the comfortable slippers and bath robe.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you joined us for dinner in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the food to be delicious and the service to be outstanding. I am thrilled that you recognised the dedication and professionalism of the staff throughout the hotel; I will be sure to thank all of my team on your behalf for taking such good care of you.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

When I was searching for a hotel for our six night stay in London, I was a little hesitant to choose the Chesterfield Mayfair, because it looked a little stodgy in some of the pictures. But numerous people had recommended it as a great option in Mayfair, so I decided to take a chance and, boy, am I glad I did! What a great stay! We were assigned a room that had been recently updated. It was really lovely, with modern bathroom fixtures, including a heated bathroom floor which was really nice to have, even in the summer. The bed was extremely comfortable and between that and the very effective air conditioning, we slept very well. The staff was very helpful and gave us great advice on the best way to see the sites during the busy summer season. Breakfast was included and excellent. And the location is fabulous. Within walking distance are lots of great cafes and restaurants, plus easy access to the tube. The Chesterfield Mayfair was not at all stodgy....it was modern, yet traditional. A gem of a hotel in London!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our central location was perfect for all the landmarks of London. As a boutique hotel created from a row of 18th century townhouses, we ensure that each room has everything that you will need and I am glad to hear that you found the bed comfortable, the bathroom well laid out and that you appreciated the attention to detail with the heated bathroom floor.

My Restaurant Manager will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that it set you up for the day. It gives me great pleasure to read that my staff made you feel welcome and provided for all of your needs during your time in London and I will be sharing your kind words with everyone here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at the Chesterfield for 5 days with our 10 year old grandson. Rented a Junior Suite. Service was excellent as was the value (one free day) in an area (Mayfair) where there is not much value to be found. Room was a bit tight especially by American standards. Continental breakfast was good not great. Overall experience, driven by the service, was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heart felt review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you joined us for a long stay with your grandson and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Located in the heart of affluent Mayfair, I am delighted that you found the hotel’s location to be ideal during your stay. I am glad to see that you experienced the excellent service from my friendly and helpful team, I will be sure to pass on your word of thanks to all of my team here.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A charming hotel with lovely staff and very welcome air con! An anniversary treat we stayed for one night and it's location was perfect. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The full breakfast was excellent. A good price as a late booking, deservedly popular. Only negative was bathroom was a little cramped.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that we were able to add to you special occasion with an anniversary treat. My Restaurant Manager will be glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you were impressed by the wide range of fresh food on offer. Thank you for highlighting the comfortable beds and I am thrilled to learn that you had a great night sleep with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I attended a wedding celebration at this lovely hotel and was very impressed with the overall experience.

Friendly attentive staff, wonderful setting and excellent food.

The level of professionalism shone through and would give me the confidence to book an event here.

I did not stay overnight but would be very happy to should I require a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Cannot help here as I did not stay overnight
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathereen

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing great feedback of your recent visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you recently joined us for a wedding celebration and that your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair has exceeded your expectations. My Executive Chef will be thrilled to learn that you found the food to be delicious and that it complimented the beautiful traditional setting. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled that you experienced our friendly and helpful staff; I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was our first trip to England and so we really didn't know where to stay. After a fair amount of online research we choose this hotel. I am so glad we did! It was the perfect spot. The room was luxurious compared to most hotels I've stayed in abroad. There were a good number of plugs for our multiple devices, and even one for US plugs, AWESOME! The location was very convenient to the Tube, near the park, and an easy walk from a number of sites, activities and dining options of every variety. Our room was well maintained throughout our stay and I found myself looking forward to seeing if turn down service would offer chocolates or bath salts, both of which I enjoyed. We arrived at the hotel at 3 pm after a long non-stop flight from San Francisco and I was thrilled that after quickly freshening up, we had what ended up being the best meal of the trip, high tea in Butler's Restaurant. I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who can afford the luxury price tag.

1  Thank Edikochan
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay with us for your first ever trip to London and that you enjoyed your stay with us. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found our rooms to be well decorated and well appointed, with great attention to detail, including the US adapter plugs in the room. I am thrilled to hear that you appreciated the daily turn down and looked forward to seeing what treat was on your pillow each night. I am very pleased to learn that your favourite meal of your trip was your afternoon tea at Butlers Restaurant, a truly British experience.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.