“Great location with a friendly and helpful staff.”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great location with a friendly and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one week at the end of June. The staff was very attentive, the accommodations were comfortable and the bar and dining room were first class. Location was perfect for our needs (the Green St. underground was nearby) . After a busy day of sightseeing it was nice to come back to hotel and greeted by Biaggi and all the friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you and your husband enjoyed your week long stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our ideal location with Green Park station a short walking distance from the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be impeccable and that you had a great night’s rest in our comfortable beds. I am pleased to learn that you appreciated the care and attention the staff has shown to you; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good location in central London within walking distance of Oxford St / Bond St shops and numerous restaurants and Clubs. Valet parking available and a knowledgeable Concierge. Rooms comfortable / cosy and public areas easy and sparkling clean. Good Bar, well run, well stocked and seated. Found all employees helpful and friendly. The one let down...Dining Room...no ambiance and service whilst attentive was not observant. Food was just OK, and the roast meat was dry and over cooked. The Executive Chef and restaurant manager need to wake up. They have a lot of competition outside the hotel. Would I go back...yes, but eat outside!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank orangeMonteCarlo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you found the location to be ideal for you with many restaurants and bars within short walking distance of the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to know that you found you room to be comfortable and the hotel immaculate as well. Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience which I will be sure to share with My Executive Chef. We pride ourselves on our service here at The Chesterfield and I am delighted to learn that you found the team to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic afternoon tea experience. The reception welcome was the warmest we have received from front of house staff. Quality of food, attentive staff and excellent location all went towards a very enjoyable afternoon in great surroundings.

1 Thank Gary N
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to join us at The Chesterfield Mayfair for our memorable, award winning afternoon tea. My Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef will be happy to hear your description of our delicious afternoon tea offering. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service you encountered and I will be sure to share your kind words with all my team.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights before a British Isles Cruise. The location is a 5 minute walk from Green Park Station and it's a short walk to Hyde Park. The National Gallery, Buckingham Palace and many other sites are within a 30 minute walk from the hotel. The room was small but had all the emanities we need. We booked the breakfast and afternoon tea package and were delighted by both. We were also supposed to get a bottle of champagne that they forgot to deliver but gladly posted a credit to our final bill.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to write this great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant two night stay with us before you headed away on your cruise. Thank you for high lighting our central Mayfair location with Green Park a short walk from the hotel as well as many London’s main attractions. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at the hotel and I am thrilled that you found the room to be well appointed with our complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and stationery supplies. I am delighted to learn that you had the opportunity to join us in Butlers Restaurant for breakfast and afternoon tea and that you thoroughly enjoyed them.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in The Chesterfield Mayfair the last weekend in July, we were staying for 1 night. It was our anniversary and we were greeted in the room with 2 cards congratulating us on our anniversary, one from the general manager and the other from members of the team working in the hotel. I was nicely surprised to see that detail was remembered and thought of. Our room was lovely and the beds so comfortable, I wished we were staying longer! The bathrooms are a really nice size and they are generous with the bathroom toiletries provided, along with bath robes and very comfy slippers!
We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant that evening and the service was really excellent. We were made to feel so welcome and important. The food was really incredible, topped with the excellent service, I would go there time and time again! I have eaten in many restaurants in the Mayfair area and would question the service in some restaurants but in this hotel you are a person and a very important one at that!
For breakfast, there was a array of food to choose from along with the menu for a cooked breakfast, it catered to both our needs.
I must say the professionalism demonstrated in this hotel was excellent, clearly the staff are trained to a high standard and not once did I see this slip. Would I go back? Most definitely!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and that we were able to make your anniversary even more special with our added touches. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to learn that you found the beds so luxurious and that you appreciated the attention to detail in your room, especially the toiletries and the comfortable slippers and bath robe.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you joined us for dinner in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the food to be delicious and the service to be outstanding. I am thrilled that you recognised the dedication and professionalism of the staff throughout the hotel; I will be sure to thank all of my team on your behalf for taking such good care of you.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

When I was searching for a hotel for our six night stay in London, I was a little hesitant to choose the Chesterfield Mayfair, because it looked a little stodgy in some of the pictures. But numerous people had recommended it as a great option in Mayfair, so I decided to take a chance and, boy, am I glad I did! What a great stay! We were assigned a room that had been recently updated. It was really lovely, with modern bathroom fixtures, including a heated bathroom floor which was really nice to have, even in the summer. The bed was extremely comfortable and between that and the very effective air conditioning, we slept very well. The staff was very helpful and gave us great advice on the best way to see the sites during the busy summer season. Breakfast was included and excellent. And the location is fabulous. Within walking distance are lots of great cafes and restaurants, plus easy access to the tube. The Chesterfield Mayfair was not at all stodgy....it was modern, yet traditional. A gem of a hotel in London!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our central location was perfect for all the landmarks of London. As a boutique hotel created from a row of 18th century townhouses, we ensure that each room has everything that you will need and I am glad to hear that you found the bed comfortable, the bathroom well laid out and that you appreciated the attention to detail with the heated bathroom floor.

My Restaurant Manager will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that it set you up for the day. It gives me great pleasure to read that my staff made you feel welcome and provided for all of your needs during your time in London and I will be sharing your kind words with everyone here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at the Chesterfield for 5 days with our 10 year old grandson. Rented a Junior Suite. Service was excellent as was the value (one free day) in an area (Mayfair) where there is not much value to be found. Room was a bit tight especially by American standards. Continental breakfast was good not great. Overall experience, driven by the service, was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heart felt review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you joined us for a long stay with your grandson and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Located in the heart of affluent Mayfair, I am delighted that you found the hotel’s location to be ideal during your stay. I am glad to see that you experienced the excellent service from my friendly and helpful team, I will be sure to pass on your word of thanks to all of my team here.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.