“Oasis of calm in bustling London”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Oasis of calm in bustling London”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from our 3rd visit to this amazing hotel, The Chesterfield staff never fail to amaze with their professional and courteous approach, especially given the fact that I got my dates/days mixed up ,letita at reception took it all in her stride without a flicker of panic(think I was more flustered!) . We even received a little anniversary surprise and a card from the staff to help us celebrate our weekend,we are genuinely starting to feel more and more part of a family with each visit,already looking forward to 2015 !. Thank you all for making it such a great weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you have returned to stay with us and that you had another wonderful experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am pleased to know that you found my team to be professional and helpful and that they made sure you were well looked after during your stay. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at the hotel and I am glad that you appreciated the anniversary surprises and that they added to your special occasion.

I am delighted that you feel part of our Chesterfield family and I look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again.

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Washington D.C.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We just returned from an eight-night stay here, and if you're looking for a boutique alternative to the big hotels in Mayfair, I highly recommend this hotel. As others have said, the bedrooms are beautiful; we stayed in a superior twin bedroom that is quite large by London standards and nicely decorated. But what impressed us the most was the staff, all of whom were, without exception, friendly and helpful. We had stayed here a few years ago, and contacted the hotel to request our old room, which they readily agreed to set aside for us. A third member of our party joined us for two nights, which we had mentioned in our email, and the extra bed and toiletries/supplies were duly set up without us having to mention it again. All our requests (for more bottled water, etc) were answered within literally a few minutes, and with an unfailing smile. (Peter, at the front desk, was especially helpful!)

We had breakfast there every day, and were impressed by the quality of the menu and of the waitstaff. Abigail, the hostess, was wonderful; she greeted us every morning with a radiant smile and (almost) got me to try tea instead of coffee with my meal! We also enjoyed a fantastic afternoon tea, with attentive service from our waiter, Antonio. The hotel bar is a pleasant place for a nightcap in the evenings, with a well-stocked bar, plenty of seats, and a very good pianist.

All in all, we found the Chesterfield to be just as wonderful this trip as it was our first time, and I consider it a very good value for money in this part of town. We definitely would stay here again!

Room Tip: Superior doubles are significantly larger than standard doubles. I also recommend a room on a highe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Deb319
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your long stay at our boutique hotel and that you found the rooms to be beautifully decorated. Thank you for your great comments about the high standard of service you received and the kind and willing staff that you experienced, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team, especially Peter, Abigail and Antonio.

I am pleased to learn that you joined us in Butlers Restaurant for breakfast on each morning of your stay and found the wide range of foods to be delicious and that you enjoyed a cup of English tea as well. Our Terrace Bar is a great spot to relax after a day in London and I am glad that you appreciated the cosy and relaxing atmosphere whilst enjoying a nightcap.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Penn Valley, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A perfect stay for us as we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. From the minute we arrived til a departure cab was called for us, we were treated like royalty. Our travel agent had thoughtfully informed the staff that this was a very special anniversary for us and they certainly made the most of it--complimentary pastry, a lovely very personal card signed by the staff, champagne and late afternoon tea. Our room was quiet and lovely yet it was a very easy walk to all the "action"---Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Harrod's, to name a few. We splurged on dinner at the hotel and it was worth it---food, atmosphere and service are really top notch. Our room, The Study, was elegantly decorated so we could overlook the small size of the room. I guess room-size would be the only drawback to this exquisite hotel, and it is a minor issue considering all the amenities and excellent staff. We would definitely go back and look forward to our 60th!

Room Tip: Our room, 426, the Study, was elegant but quite small. If you are sightseeing during the day it pose...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you joined us to celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary and that you had a brilliant stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure to know that the personalised card and cupcakes added to your special occasion. Our hotel restaurant, Butlers serves traditional British cuisine and I am thrilled to learn that you found the food to be delicious and the atmosphere to be cosy. I am delighted that you found my staff to be welcoming and friendly throughout your stay; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was my 3rd visit to this hotel and with each and every visit it gets better and better!, there was a slight mix-up on our reservations(entirely my fault right days wrong dates!) but it was all handled with a quiet calm no fuss no histrionics, we had a fantastic surprise of a card and two smashing cupcakes to celebrate our anniversary weekend with, you are not so much a guest more a part of a extended family and I believe that is what sets this hotel apart! see you all next year :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin E
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

We love to welcome our guests back to the hotel and I am delighted that you chose to return and that your expectations were exceeded. I am pleased that we were able to arrange a room for you effortlessly and that our extra touches added to your anniversary celebrations. We enjoy creating a warm and family like atmosphere here at the hotel and I am thrilled to learn that you felt part of our Chesterfield family.
I do hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Lisarnya, Ukraine
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We loved staying here, the staff are friendly and warm. The hotel is beautifull and has a real boutique feel to it, very romantic, great for couples who want to get away, also wonderfully located. All in all considered, it is good value for money considering other hotels in this range. I would stay again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sammy S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found the hotel’s location to be convenient for you. I am thrilled that you felt at home in our boutique hotel and enjoyed the warm and family like atmosphere. Thank you for your kind words regarding the service that you experienced during your stay as well; we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for one night at the Chesterfield for a romantic night away with my partner. The experience was brilliant from beginning to end, from the friendly staff on the front door and reception, the BEAUTIFUL bedroom and an amazing afternoon tea. My partner had been in contact with the chesterfield prior to our visit, and had arranged to propose to me during our afternoon tea, staff were only too happy to oblige and hid the ring in the scones as a special surprise! They were all really friendly and lovely, it really made the experience for both of us. We were also given a lovely personalised cake and beautiful handwritten note from Alice who looked after the rooms, to wish us congratulations, and the front desk organised a complimentary bottle of champagne! The chesterfield is a fantastic hotel and has brilliant staff, a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie Melsh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your wonderful experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted that your husband chose The Chesterfield Mayfair for your special occasion. Congratulations on your engagement; I am thrilled that we were able to make the proposal memorable for you both and our extra touches of a cake and Champagne added to the celebrations. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be beautiful and that is was the perfect setting for your romantic night away. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I am glad that you appreciated our dedicated and friendly team; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here, especially Alice.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one week at the end of June. The staff was very attentive, the accommodations were comfortable and the bar and dining room were first class. Location was perfect for our needs (the Green St. underground was nearby) . After a busy day of sightseeing it was nice to come back to hotel and greeted by Biaggi and all the friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you and your husband enjoyed your week long stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our ideal location with Green Park station a short walking distance from the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be impeccable and that you had a great night’s rest in our comfortable beds. I am pleased to learn that you appreciated the care and attention the staff has shown to you; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.