“Amazing”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our experience at the Chesterfield Mayfair was amazing! We spent six nights, and each one was memorial. We would recommend the Curzon junior suite. The very professional staff was always available to assist with dining reservations and thearte tickets. The dining room in the hotel was just brilliant. The food and the service great. Location is ideal, being convenient to sightseeing, shopping, parks, restaurants, and theatres. We hope to return to the Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Room Tip: The Curzon junior suite was perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a memorable six night stay with us and that The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel has left such a lasting impression on you.

My Restaurant Manager will be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the food to be delicious. I am also glad that you found the staff willing and professional and that they added to your time at the hotel; I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

As per usual an excellent stay at this wonderful hotel.Nothing is too much trouble, and the staff are so attentive,and treated us so well.The service and food is beyond par.We love this beautiful hotel and the location is perfect.We will definitely return again as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All rooms are tranquil.Furnished very well,and excellent bed linen and towels ect
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heart felt review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that have returned to the hotel and that you enjoyed another stay with us. My Restaurant Manager will be thrilled to learn that you found the food in Butlers Restaurant to be delicious and that you appreciated the friendly service of his team there. Located in the heart of affluent Mayfair, I am delighted that you found the hotel’s location to be ideal during your stay.

I am glad to see that you will return to the hotel again and as always my team will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here for a couple days last year and enjoyed the look and feel of this hotel. The rooms weren't large though typical of European sizes but it was close to a few pubs and Hyde Park so the location was amazing. Prices seem to vary, depending on the time of the year but loved how close this is to the park, tube stations, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt at home in our boutique hotel. I am thrilled that you found the location to be ideal for you with many restaurants and bars within short walking distance of the hotel. Green Park tube station is also a short walk away from the hotel and I am glad that you took advantage of this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just returned from 3 weeks in Europe spending the last 4 days at the Mayfair. From the time we stepped out of the taxi and met Chris at the door to the time we got back in to leave 4 days later, everyone and everything was incredible. The desk staff was welcoming and attentive. As a frequent traveller, most hotel desk staff are non-interactive and non-social. The Mayfair was just the opposite... actually carried on conversations with everyone. The restaurant staff was outstanding both at breakfast and dinner (David, Lonis, et al). Everyone made you feel like you were special guests. The cuisine was great - especially the roast lamb and salmon! The hotel location was great. Away from the hustle of the city yet in a great location. A 5 minute walk to the Underground and a 15 minute walk to St James park and Buckingham. We even had a great time with our floor housekeeping staff!! The accomodations were upscale and I thought worth the fare. We would definitly recommend the Mayfair to others and if/when we return we would return to stay with you-all.

A special thanks to the staff for making us feel at home...It is a 24 hour a day effort and they were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you chose to join us for the last four days of your European tour and that The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel has left a lasting impression on you. My Executive Head Chef will be thrilled to hear that you found the traditional cuisine in Butlers Restaurant to be delicious.

We enjoy welcoming all of our guests to the hotel and I am delighted that you felt well looked after from the moment you arrived. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team here from the front office staff to the restaurant staff to the housekeeping staff; we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We have just returned from a trip to London, and we spend 4 nights at The Chesterfield. We were very impressed with this hotel and would without a doubt stay here again, and we would happily recommend it to people. The location, in my opinion, is the best spot for exploring London. It's set in a quiet street and set back from the hustle and bustle of London, yet you're only a few minutes away from Piccadilly, Hyde Park, Bond Street/Oxford Street, Green Park , Piccadilly Circus and the West End. In terms of public transport there are non stop busses running along Piccadilly which will take you in all directions and Green Park Tube for the Underground.
The rooms are traditional decor, and very comfy. Service was excellent and staff were always willing to help you with whatever they could.There is also free high speedWiFi throughout the hotel including the rooms . This hotel really felt like our "home from home" during our time in London.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SeaDream2

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt warmly welcomed to the hotel. The hotel is indeed ideally located away from the bright lights of London but close enough to be within walking distance of all the action.

My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the rooms to be comfortable and well decorated in your home away from home. We take great pride in our service here at the hotel and I am thrilled that you felt well looked after during your stay.

I do hope to continue to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a fantastic hotel this is, it was a treat for my friends birthday and they went that extra mile to make our trip wonderful, from the Doorman to the Manager everything was perfect.
Thank you so much to all the staff at this beautiful hotel.
I would especially like to thank Kathryn who took my booking way back in January, it was lovely to meet you face to face.
My husband and myself visit London at least 4 times a year so The Chesterfield will be the top of our list of hotels from now on.
The rooms 603 and 605 are fantastic, and to say we were in the middle of Mayfair there was no noise and we could sleep with the window open, which is a plus for me as I live in the country and hear no noise at all when home, so to go to our capital city and be able to open windows was great for me!.
Thank you once again to all the team of the Chesterfield for making two 65+ ladies very happy.

Room Tip: 603 and 605 are very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DoncasterYorkie
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to celebrate your friend’s birthday with us here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that you had a memorable time with us. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team, especially Kathryn. We really appreciate when our guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to everyone. My Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you slept soundly and that you found the rooms to be beautiful.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and I spent another wonderful long weekend availing of the weekender deal which included Afternoon Tea and a complimentary bottle of their own Champagne at this hotel. We joined family from the USA that have stayed here many times in the past because of the friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is just a short walk away from the main shopping areas, Hyde Park and tube. The staff all go out of their way to ensure your stay is memorable. The restaurant is excellent and the wine list includes fine wines from their own French vineyard and winery. All in all a great central base for a visit to London.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Harlow P
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you took advantage of the fantastic Mayfair Weekend offer. The hotel is ideally located close to Green Park and Hyde Park, convenient for a weekend of exploring in London. Our Sommelier, William will be delighted to hear that you found the wine list to be carefully selected and varied and that you sampled our South African wines, Bouchard Finlayson.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.