“Truly a magnificent hotel with staff that loves their job”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aarschot, Belgium
“Truly a magnificent hotel with staff that loves their job”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Chesterfield Mayfair is truly an amazing hotel.
I have stayed here as a solo traveler in June, bc I had an event to attend in London .
The location is perfect, in a quiet street in Mayfair within walking distance of parks, restaurants (such as Scott’s) and shops.
The staff and service are outstanding. From the doorman, the people at reception , the breakfast service, every single employee knows how to make you feel welcome and special. You can see that they love their job and their hart is in it.
The rooms are lovely and cozy, bathrooms are well equipped. The internet is free and works well.
There is enough and good quality tea provided in the rooms (without great biscuits).
The breakfast is part a buffet, while cooked breakfast is ordered, thus very fresh and just like you want it.
The bar is again very cozy and the food is excellent.
I used to go to the Montcalm whenever I went to London for a private visit, however as of now, I will go to the Chesterfield Mayfair

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathleen3200
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that you felt well looked after during your stay. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to hear that you found the rooms to be immaculate and well appointed, especially the complimentary tea and coffee making facilities. We understand how important WiFi is for our guests and I am pleased that you appreciated the complimentary high speed access.

I am glad you had the opportunity to join us in Bulters Restaurant for breakfast and that you found the breakfast to be plentiful and varied. Our Terrace Bar is ideal for an evening drink and some snacks and I am pleased that you found it to be relaxing. Thank you for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced during your stay; I am delighted that my team made you feel welcome and special and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to them.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel

Oliver Raggett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

First time we've stayed at The Chesterfield ( we have usually stayed at their sister hotel) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The room was lovely and cool (such a relief – we’re not used to heating!), quiet and extremely comfortable. My husband often doesn't sleep well in strange beds but he had two wonderful nights’ sleep (as did I!).
The room was clean and spacious and well equipped. We really enjoyed the turn down service which many hotels seem to have abandoned now.
For the first time ever, we had breakfast in our room both mornings and it was delicious. My husband particularly liked having the tomato ketchup and brown sauce provided. Alice, who brought our breakfast up on the first morning was lovely – friendly, chatty and helpful – and remembered our name when she saw us by the lift later – amazing! A young man brought breakfast on the second morning and he was also very nice (although maybe not quite so many extra touches such as asking if we wanted the plate covers removed etc).
The ladies on reception were all extremely helpful and friendly and the doorman was brilliant – directing us, loaning us an umbrella, and generally making us feel very special guests.
When we left, three men fell over themselves to take our luggage out and pack it in our taxi – it is so nice to have that special treatment!
Good central position - and perfect for Buckingham Palace (just across the Park), theatres, shopping etc.
Wish we could have stayed longer! And am now counting the days until we can return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your terrific review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you chose to stay with us after being so impressed with one of our sister Red Carnation Hotels. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to learn that you found our rooms to be immaculate and well appointed and that you slept soundly in the comfortable beds. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at the hotel and I am glad that you appreciated our turn down service.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy breakfast from the comfort of your own room and that Alice made sure that you had everything you might need. We invest highly in the training of our staff and I am happy to hear that you experienced our professional and welcoming staff throughout the hotel; I will be sure to share your kind words with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We went for afternoon tea for my friends 8 year old daughters birthday. I cannot enthuse enough about the whole experience! The food was lovely, the hotel was charming, but most of all, the staff were amazing! They really made the experience wonderful for us and we felt that there wasn't anything that they wouldn't have done for us!! Well done to all the staff that served us on our special treat xx

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your afternoon tea experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you chose The Chesterfield Mayfair to celebrate your a special birthday. My Executive Chef will be glad to hear that you found the selection of food to be delicious, afternoon tea is indeed such a treat. I am delighted that the staff were able to add to the occasion and that their passion and enthusiasm helped make it a memorable visit for you.

We look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our experience at the Chesterfield Mayfair was amazing! We spent six nights, and each one was memorial. We would recommend the Curzon junior suite. The very professional staff was always available to assist with dining reservations and thearte tickets. The dining room in the hotel was just brilliant. The food and the service great. Location is ideal, being convenient to sightseeing, shopping, parks, restaurants, and theatres. We hope to return to the Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Room Tip: The Curzon junior suite was perfect.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a memorable six night stay with us and that The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel has left such a lasting impression on you.

My Restaurant Manager will be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the food to be delicious. I am also glad that you found the staff willing and professional and that they added to your time at the hotel; I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

As per usual an excellent stay at this wonderful hotel.Nothing is too much trouble, and the staff are so attentive,and treated us so well.The service and food is beyond par.We love this beautiful hotel and the location is perfect.We will definitely return again as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All rooms are tranquil.Furnished very well,and excellent bed linen and towels ect
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heart felt review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that have returned to the hotel and that you enjoyed another stay with us. My Restaurant Manager will be thrilled to learn that you found the food in Butlers Restaurant to be delicious and that you appreciated the friendly service of his team there. Located in the heart of affluent Mayfair, I am delighted that you found the hotel’s location to be ideal during your stay.

I am glad to see that you will return to the hotel again and as always my team will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here for a couple days last year and enjoyed the look and feel of this hotel. The rooms weren't large though typical of European sizes but it was close to a few pubs and Hyde Park so the location was amazing. Prices seem to vary, depending on the time of the year but loved how close this is to the park, tube stations, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt at home in our boutique hotel. I am thrilled that you found the location to be ideal for you with many restaurants and bars within short walking distance of the hotel. Green Park tube station is also a short walk away from the hotel and I am glad that you took advantage of this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just returned from 3 weeks in Europe spending the last 4 days at the Mayfair. From the time we stepped out of the taxi and met Chris at the door to the time we got back in to leave 4 days later, everyone and everything was incredible. The desk staff was welcoming and attentive. As a frequent traveller, most hotel desk staff are non-interactive and non-social. The Mayfair was just the opposite... actually carried on conversations with everyone. The restaurant staff was outstanding both at breakfast and dinner (David, Lonis, et al). Everyone made you feel like you were special guests. The cuisine was great - especially the roast lamb and salmon! The hotel location was great. Away from the hustle of the city yet in a great location. A 5 minute walk to the Underground and a 15 minute walk to St James park and Buckingham. We even had a great time with our floor housekeeping staff!! The accomodations were upscale and I thought worth the fare. We would definitly recommend the Mayfair to others and if/when we return we would return to stay with you-all.

A special thanks to the staff for making us feel at home...It is a 24 hour a day effort and they were excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you chose to join us for the last four days of your European tour and that The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel has left a lasting impression on you. My Executive Head Chef will be thrilled to hear that you found the traditional cuisine in Butlers Restaurant to be delicious.

We enjoy welcoming all of our guests to the hotel and I am delighted that you felt well looked after from the moment you arrived. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of my team here from the front office staff to the restaurant staff to the housekeeping staff; we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.