I stayed at the Chesterfield on December 26th for two nights. Check in was no problem and the room size was what I expected. The bed was a king as requested and was one mattress, not two pushed together as in so many other hotels. The bathroom was tiny also. It was difficult to take a shower as the floor all over the bathroom got soaked.
The negative things I experienced were that on the first night after my transatlantic flight I woke up at 3 am and realized there was a radio on somewhere right outside my room. I thought this unusual as the room faced the back of the hotel and just looked over the roof of the restaurant and the conservatory. But it was loud enough to keep me awake. I phoned the reception desk and was told it would be checked out. Nothing happened. After about 20 minutes I looked more carefully outside the window to try to determine the location of this radio. There were lights on in what looked like was part of the hotel's kitchen and I saw the radio placed right next to a window. I phoned the front desk again a little more persistent this time and told the clerk that I thought the radio might be in the kitchen. Again he said he would check it out and a few minutes later it was turned off. Someone evidently was careless and left the radio on. Also the remote control for the television was not working and needed to be changed.
The room was clean and the staff were pleasant but it is not in the category that some on this site have said, especially by North American standards. It looks a little worn out, especially for Mayfair. For the price though it was decent, but do not expect a luxury hotel by any means. Ate in the restaurant the first night and the staff were very pleasant and tried their best but the food was mediocre at best. All in all decent, but not worth the hype.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Lastminute, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London