“Over And Over Again”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 March 2009

Every time I visit London I stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. It’s become my home away from home, for real. I stayed there by myself and with my family as well, and every time I felt the warmest attitude of the staff and their sincere readiness to do their best for making me happy. The personnel are the main treasure of this beautiful hotel. Kasia and Peter at the Front Office, Darren at the Concierge, Loris at the Butler’s Restaurant (btw, my cordial congrats to Loris with his prestigious 2008 – 2009 professional titles) – I’m ready to mention almost everyone, and all of them are great, and it’s them who make The Chesterfield Mayfair incredibly popular among travelers all over the world.
Besides its great personalized service, The Chesterfield Mayfair got many other advantages:
- Stylish rooms decorated in lovely traditional English manner – wherever I’ve stayed – either in regular double or super-king bedrooms, or a junior suite - all the premises possessed the fleur of chic and comfort;
- Appropriate price-quality ratio bearing in mind that hotels in London are extremely expensive;
- A lot of special offers – don’t miss my favorite “A Classic Weekend Break” including accommodation for two, daily full English breakfast (Scottish salmon bagel is a must), one traditional 5 o’clock tea at Conservatory for two (unforgettable, reservation required), a bottle of nice French champagne in room upon arrival, and late 6pm check-out;
- Nice pre-theatre dinners at the Butler’s;
- Unbeatable location between Piccadilly and Oxford streets;
- Short walk distance to the Green Park tube station, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, Royal Horse Guard, White Hall, Trafalgar Square, the Houses of Parliament.
And have you been thinking still guys where to stay in London?

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank KSergey
Write a ReviewReviews (3,369)

Reviewed 14 March 2009

My husband and I found this hotel on the net Dec 2008 we went there for our wedding anniversary and could not get over the relaxed and friendly staff , yet still very profesional.
The hotel itself was lovely , perfect location to explore london but be away from the hustle and bustle .
So because we loved it so much we went back in Feb 2009 , and again can,t complain at all , in fact Peter one of the supurb staff help out with my husbands new jacket he had bought that day ,when we were ready to go out that evening we noticed the surcurtity tag had been left on, so I went to reception to ask for any help or advice and Peter went running round london to find a shop still open to get the tag removed , which he managed to do so my husband was able to wear his jacket and we had a gret evening.
Having stayed in several more famous 5 star London hotels I would be surprised to find that level of service while still being friendly.

Reviewed 4 March 2009

I've stayed in many fine hotels in great locations in London (this one near Marble Arch with plenty of access to things you want to see/places you want to go). I particularly liked the Chesterfield Mayfair for several reasons: the service was terrific--from sending free bottled water up to the room on a moment's notice to efficiently fetching taxis and givign directions; the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable complete with lovely bed, a heated bathroom floor, and an iron/ironing board; and they have a gorgeous lounge and terrace: I prefer to eat out for obvious reasons (and dod so here) but I'll stay in at least once next time to enjoy the ambiance of these beautiful spaces of their's.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MichaelDTA
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We came to London for a weekend break with my wife and young son. We got to the hotel to be met by Chris who made us very welcome and explained all that we needed to know. Nothing could be too much trouble for him and the staff and even told us places that our son would be interested in. The room was just what we required. The extra touches, ie the heart shaped soap and the gifts for our son as well as the complimentaries, were an added bonus. The restaurant and staff was excellent together with the meals. The bar was very cosy and relaxing. The hotel is close to the places of interest and the tube station is only a short walk away. All in all a fantastic place to stay and like an old saying you get what you pay for, and this was worth it!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We stayed for 2 nights last weekend. Very nice hotel in very central location in mayfair. 10 min walk to Oxford St. Lots of nice restaurants around the corner in Shepherd Market. We'll be back.

Reviewed 21 February 2009

I stayed here in Feb 2009 with a group of friends - we were celebrating the 40th B'day - the hotel couldn't have done any more for us. Staff were friendly and helpful - the level service was wonderful.It's good value when you take into account the location, the afternoon tea provided, the champagne on arrival, the level of service, the heavenly beds and the quality of the breakfast menu...I could go on! The bar is buzzy and a good spot to have a drink after a long days shopping! Location is a big plus - so easy to walk/taxi to shopping, restaurants etc. It's old worldly - so if you're looking for modern it's not the place for you. But if you are looking for a warm hotel experience in the heart of London this is the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank DeirdreK
Reviewed 15 February 2009

Our stay at the Chesterfield was faultless. Right from the initial contact with the hotel through to our departure, everything was amazingly friendly and efficient. On booking we were asked about our preferences - bedding, diet, etc - and these requests were remembered throughout. The room was beautiful and very clean. Afternoon tea is highly recommended; wonderful cakes, scones and sandwiches. We will certainly return.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BrianCEssex_England