“First class as usual”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 June 2009

My wife and I spend a long weekend in London every year. We have stayed at the Mayfair for the last 3 years. I would highly recommend the hotel...summary points below:

1. Great location, easy walking distance to shopping, theatres and restaurants. The green park tube station is 5min walk away also.
2. Website has summer weekend promotion...175 pounds inclusive for double room with breakfast and afternoon tea...a great in London for such a high quality hotel.
3. Reception and service in general is first class. They know how to take care of guests.
4. Breakfast is awesome...big selection and again, service outstanding.
5. Rooms, while small, are neat and have all basic amenities (ex minibar). The only downside to the room and hotel in general are the very small bathrooms.

Perfect stay every time. Highly recommended.

Phil

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,363)

Reviewed 27 June 2009

We booked this hotel using the weekend package deal, more expensive than we would normally have paid for a weekend trip to London, but the extra money was worth the extra treatment we received. We had a free bottle of Champagne and an afternoon cream tea also inlcuded in the price. The food and the service at this hotel was excellent, the best breakfast I have eaten anywhere. My only 'gripe' was the size of the bathroom, very small, including the width of the bath which meant that water from the shower went everywhere. Also drinks were on the expensive side, £9 for a vodka and diet coke which does seem a little excessive to me, but hey we were in Mayfair. Apart from those two things our weekend experience was fantastic and we will seriously consider other 'Red Carnation' hotels in the future. Thank you The Chesterfield.

1  Thank Lezzal
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My wife booked us into the Chesterfield for a short stay to coincide with a theatre trip. This was her surprise gift to me to celebrate my 60th birthday. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and we felt very comfortable and at ease during our stay. The staff are very friendly, professional and attentive without crossing the invisible line and becoming intrusive. The food is wonderful and if you can eat a full English breakfast and manage to finish all your toast, you're a better man than me. A well stocked bar is an excellent dropping off place for a nightcap before bedtime. On reaching your room, you'll find your bed has been turned down for you. The Chesterfield is a real treat, we'll be going back.

1  Thank Jambak
Reviewed 26 June 2009

My husband and I had a two-week European vacation. We also stayed at a sister property, the Montague on the Gardens in Bloomsbury. I enjoyed our stay much more at the Montague. We had a package that included a Superior King room, a bottle of Crystal and a full English breakfast at the Chesterfield.

The room was not as nice as the pictures on the website. We were told that it had just been remodeled, but it had a musty smell.

This was the smallest room we had during our entire vacation, and it didn’t help that they tried to put too much furniture in the room. There was a rolling chair that had to be shoved under the desk (that ran the whole length of the room and included a dresser and the mini bar) in order for you to walk in front of the bed. It had a turquoise and brown color scheme that was not to my tastes.

The English breakfast was wonderful. It was served in the hotel restaurant, and there was a list of entries that you were able to choose from. We had lunch one day at the Only Running Footman Pub that is down the street from the hotel. We enjoyed our meal there and the atmosphere.

The hotel was only a 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace and about a 30 minute walk to Hyde Park.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed for a long weekend in June 2009 and had the most wonderful time. From the moment the taxi drew up outside the hotel I was looked after so well.
The suite was decorated beautifully, the service was 1st class and the staff always had a smile and a greeting.
As I had a lot to do over the weekend, the only meals I had were breakfast. The breakfast menu was excellent and the food was hot (warm food is one of my pet hates).
I stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair on my own but I can't wait to go back with my husband, he will love it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank TwoDurhamTravellers
Reviewed 20 June 2009

The Chesterfield Mayfair has it all: superb location, attentive service, warmth and British charm. The concierge staff -- especially Tony and Chris -- are extraordinary, offering wonderful advice on restaurants, transit (even during a Tube strike), theater and attractions. Rooms are on the small side, but tastefully appointed -- the most comfortable hotel beds in the world! We would not hesitate to recommend this gem to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank shosher
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. very good experience. the hotel staffs are very well trained. they are very kind and very helpful. nice decorations of the room, clean and comfortable. a few minutes walk to Hyde Park and near to many places of interest. recommend.