The Chesterfield Mayfair
US$278
US$229
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
  • Restaurant
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$94
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
US$127
PremierInn.com
Very Good 4/5
3,551 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketbuckingham palacecharming hotelbond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnejunior suitequiet streetevery member of staffwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2005

The Chesterfield is synonymous with excellent service and royal elegance. My girlfriend and I stayed here during the May bank holiday weekend. We took the advice from previous travelers and opted for one of their suites. The room was charming and spacious. During our stay we ate dinner in the restaurant, but would probably venture out on a future return to London. The staff at the Chesterfield were very courteous, catering to our every need. The hotel is located just a few steps off of the beaten path, which we welcomed. Car traffic and pedestrian noise was negligible. The hotel is located near many luxury shops, but you wouldn't know it unless you decided to stroll on the many side streets in Mayfair. If you're looking to experience London at its best, make the Chesterfield your home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank marcabatchelor
Reviewed 22 May 2005

I love the Chesterfield. I can't wait to return. The rooms are beautiful and luxurious, the service is impeccable, and the decor is just beautiful.

We stayed in a king superior room. It was very very lovely, only thing is if you stay in the king rooms they are more designed for business travellers. I would stay in a double or if you can afford it, the themed junior suites. I had the privilege of seeing the Music Room suite which is absolutely intoxicating. (Canopy bed, iron clawed jacuzzi tub, beautiful!) But the rooms are very nice with great beds, complimentary bottled water, bathrobes and slippers and big tubs in the bathrooms with Gilchrist and Soames soaps etc. Plus a newspaper of your choice is left outside your door in the mornings.

Our rate was £147 including VAT and breakfast. Please note I got the rate by calling the hotel directly as the rates when you call are significantly cheaper than the rates on the website and the earlier you call the cheaper it is.

The location of the Chesterfield can't be beat. It is around the corner from Hyde Park and Green Park and St. James Park. There is a little alcove of restaurants just around the bend on Curzon Street (including the absolutely delicious french bistro Le Boudin Blanc which I highly recommend). The nearest metro stop is Green Park on the Picadilly and Victoria line.

The hotel concierge are lovely and everyone in the hotel will help you with anything you need. Their motto is "no detail too small" and they lived up to that. They will even drive you places in the hotel's Bentley (costs a bit but how glamorous!).

We went to the hotel for a relaxing weekend and that's exactly what we got. Loved every minute of our stay at the Chesterfield. It was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 May 2005

As a frequesnt business traveller, a hotel often becomes just a bed for the night and no longer feels special.

I have stayed at the Chesterfield in Mayfair 4 or 5 times now and it has not yet failed to impress. Every time there is another little suprise which just makes the stay worth while. No request is ever too much trouble and the service really is second to none.

The staff are always pleased to see you and very welcoming. A good example of a typical experience at the Chesterfield is my last trip to London in May. It startarted with a delayed flight, a cancelled Victoria Express and then a mile long que for a cab, I arrived at the hotel in a foul mood at 1'o'clock in the morning! I was welcomed with sympathy and offered refreshments, while my bags were taken to my room. After a short wind down I went up to my room to discover that I had been upgraded to a superior suite and was able to take full advantage of the most fabulous bath I have ever had the pleasure of in London. So fed, watered and now bathed I went to bed and enjoyed a most superb nights sleep. With a full itinery the following day, I really needed it.

I not only highly recommend the Chesterfield as a business traveller, its location for a holiday to London makes it ideal. You are close to the shops of Oxford Street, Knightsbridge and the Kings Road Chelsea. The sights of Buckingham Palace and Westminster are also a stones throw away. If the theatre is your thing then you are also close to all the major productions and as for galleries are concerned you are spoilt for choice with the larger commercial galleries like the Tate and the National as well as lots of smaller independents showing less commercial works!

Perfect.