“Great Hotel, excellent location”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2005

I had the pleasure of staying the one night at the Chesterfield and wished it had been longer.
Check in was easy and within 10 minutes of being in the room the receptionist rung to ask if all was well with the room. The room was larger than I expected for a single with a large lit wardrobe. The shower room was roomy with plenty of space for all girlie items.
The area around is full of cafes, bars resturants incuding a Tesco, Express and Sainsburys central all within 5 minutes walk of the Hotel.
The bar was intimate and had a lovely piano player, the drinks a little expensive but this is central London and having said that the drink came with a plate of crudites, dip, queen olives and mixed nuts, enough that I could not contemplate dinner!! The lass serving was courteous, chatty and initiated a move from some cigar smokers to another part of the bar.
On return to the room the bed had been turned back, blind pulled down, tv turned towards the bed, the remote control, tv programme mag and room service menu had been left on the bed with a couple of pieces of fudge.
I did not sample breakfast so cannot comment on the food.
No problem with checkout.
All in all a very good experience and one I hope will enjoy again on my next trip to London

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank Sasdax
Write a ReviewReviews (3,364)

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 29 July 2005

The Chesterfield has a wonderful location in London; near the shoppes, excellent restaurants, public transport.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms bright and full of character. We stayed in a theme suite called the 'Music Room'; a room unlike any you have ever stayed in before. But that is the Chesterfield!

July was terribly hot in London and we were happy to find excellet air conditioning.

The bar was delightful with an excellent pianist playing favourites long into the night.

The location of Mayfair is one of the best in London, clean and safe.

An excellent bet when when staying in London. We would definitely go back to the Chestefield!

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed 28 July 2005

Booked two deluxe double rooms for the 23rd & 24th July. Both rooms were on the 3rd floor & were of the same design throughout - very masculine 'chav' type fabric wall covering with matching bedding. Bedrooms were OK size wise but bathrooms had over-bath showers & were very tiny. I used LondonTown (who were very helpful) when searching for luxury accomodation in London & was offered a 'special' price of £134 (excl. VAT) per night, per room - which was probably a fair price for this type of accomodation in Mayfair but I don't think they should charge more. Sadly this price did not include breakfast. If you do decide on this hotel & your booking does not include breakfast, I would suggest that you go down at about 7.30am & stay until they shut & make the most of your very lovely but expensive (£18.50) english breakfast. Bar is vastly overprised - 1 measure of Baileys cost over £6 !!! On the whole it was very nice, very clean but there are better hotels in London.

• Stayed: July 2005
East Islip, NY
Reviewed 25 July 2005

I was happy with my choice to stay here I made it. After traveling all around London to look at other hotels I considered, I was even happier. I would go back there again, and recommend it to anyone I know. I found out about it from reviews on this website. A thank you to all that psoted your reviews.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 18 July 2005

Nice hotel, excellent staff, A/C during the heat wave! Would stay there again anytime. Concierges were great.

Reviewed 13 July 2005

I had the good fortune to stay At the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in February with my daughter. The rooms were a nice size and very well maintained. It was convenient to have a restaurant located in the hotel and the food and service were excellant. The staff were very accomodating, making dinner reservations, giving directions and booking tours, always in a very pleasant manner. The location in Mayfair was great, we were close to the tube when we chose not to walk. If I have the opportunity to return to London I would definetly stay there again.

6  Thank bette215
Reviewed 17 June 2005

We booked a theatre break over the internet and chose this hotel for its position,within walking distance of the theatre,close to the many sights of London,and not far from Victoria station;as we had flown down from Manchester and took the Gatwick express train.We stayed for two nights.
On arrival,we were immediately impressed with the attractive hotel lobby and the enthusiastic reception of the staff ,and discovered that we'd got a complimentary upgrade to one of their burberry king rooms, which whilst being fairly small was beautifully decorated with a very comfortable bed and pleasant marble bathroom with fluffy bathrobes/towels.
The hotel was on a very quiet corner of Mayfair but within a couple of streets you joined the hustle and bustle of the city;so you could return to your quiet oasis after a hectic day doing the tourist trail!
We only took breakfast in the hotel which was very good,lots of choice and lots of fresh fruit which we love;so we are unable to comment on any other meals,however the menu looked varied and reasonably priced.We like to experience the local restaurants and would recommend the small Italian bistro,around the corner from the hotel, just down from the Tesco express.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Chesterfield and would certainly stay here again,and recommend to family and friends.You always get the occassional niggle wherever you stay and really most aren't worth mentioning so we won't.Any break away is what you make it, so for the people who have made negative comments about this hotel, you must be very hard to please,I suggest you stay at home!

• Stayed: June 2005