The Chesterfield Mayfair
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$143
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
3,602 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketbuckingham palacecharming hotelbond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnejunior suitequiet streetevery member of staffwonderful stay
Reviewed 2 November 2005

I am quite fussy when it comes to Hotel Cleanliness. This hotel could not have been cleaner - it was absolutely spotless; evry surface was gleaming in the bathroom. The decor was quite attractive. The room was a decent smallish size, however two well equiped closets and plenty of drawer space made the room seem spacious, with plenty of room to hang clothes and store luggage. As for the service, the staff is top notch - polite as can be, and truly concerned with our well-being, from supplying extra towels, to cautioning us that we should take the in-house umbrellas because there was a good chance of rain. The location was ideal and quiet, but the outstanding level of service was something I will not forget -- the most expensive hotels in the States could learn a thing or two about service from this hotel. I hope to be able to stay again someday.

• Stayed: October 2005
12  Thank BostonandLondon
A TripAdvisor Member
Sykesville, Maryland
Reviewed 27 October 2005

October 22-24, had a great time in London. I've stayed in much larger rooms and had much bigger bathrooms, however, the great staff makes the difference nominal. They bend over backwards to make you happy. If you stay at the Chesterfield, ask for Chris, he was wonderful.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2005

I am a business traveler and I must say I finally found a perfect London hotel with great location - in the most convenient Mayfair area, near the Green Park. It is a brisk 5 minutes walk to the tube station, and close to the popular shopping, businesses, theatres, museums and restaurants. And great value - I booked a "business traveler's room" online inclusive of the full English breakfast, the selection was plentiful and sumptious(for only 10 sterlings extra). The room is in fine condition; it is well appointed and tastefully done, high speed internet connection, basic office supplies in the drawer, and comfortable beddings. The public areas are beautifully decorated and maintained. I found the hotel staff are very attentive, courteous and helpful. You have to pay a whole lot more to stay in hotels in London with similar location and quality. I would certainly recommend it to both business travelers as well as leisure travelers.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business
9  Thank KKY
A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City
Reviewed 24 October 2005

Just returned from London where we spent 6 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair in London. This hotel in part of a group called Red Carnation Hotels. The room was beautiful. The service was incredible. The food outstanding. We have stayed in very nice hotels all over the world...but I have never experienced service like this. All of the staff treat you like you are the only guests in the hotel.

I would be very surprised to ever read a bad review of this hotel.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 October 2005

Just returned from a great weekend at the Chesterfield Mayfair, it was our anniversary and I had high hopes for this hotel based upon the reviews on this site. I have to say that it met and exceeded all of my expectations. From the staff, to the rooms, the restaurant and bar everything was first class and contributed to a wonderful weekend all round. The staff were very friendly and no request was too much trouble. The hotel was in a great location and I wished I had not paid for my undergrounds tickets in advance as we were able to walk to just about everywhere we needed to go. We will definately return.

• Stayed: October 2005