“Better than hoped for!!!”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2006

My wife and I spent four nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair - and did I make points for picking the hotel!!! Must admit - I made the reservations after looking at reviews on this site - and this seemed like the best value. I was on business and actually spent one night here a week prior to my wife's arrival just to make sure the reviews were correct - YES. We do not understand why it is not rated 5 stars - perhaps it is a bit smaller than typical 5 stars. We took advantage of their Mayfair Weekend special found on their website - check it out. Anyway - heated marble floors in the bathroom, wonderfully decorated bedroom, clean up service 2 times a day in the room, wonderful, cozy bar, absolutely WONDERFUL Full English Breakfast (make sure you ask for it to be included in your stay). The Maitre D in the restaurant could not have been more helpful. Have them deliver it to your room if you like. I tried to find a staff member who was not in a good mood - unable to - like a cruise - all in a good mood and helpful. Location is also GREAT. Located in a quiet area of Mayfair - highest real estate prices in London. A few blocks off beaten path - quiet. Walking distance to New Hyde Park (wish I had my bike there), we walked to two plays. Discount shopping about a 10 minute walk north (mile long set of shops). Fell in love with a pub two blocks away (Lion something) - take a left out of the hotel and you run into it. Pub meals are excellent - and great piano player on Saturday night. Less than 10 minute walk to the tube - and sightseeing bus stop. I cannot even begin to explain how this hotel's location is right in the thick of things. It is about 3 blocks from Princess Di's Hairdresser - Nickie Clark. Careful - the gym that is included in the hotel (a block away) is closed on weekends. We really cannot wait to go back - hope they don't raise the prices too much with all this great feedback I've read on this site. Have FUN!!!

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
14  Thank HarryMac
There are newer reviews for The Chesterfield Mayfair

Reviewed 3 February 2006

My daughter and I stayed just one night at The Chesterfield and took advantage of the promotion found on the hotel's website that included a full breakfast. The hotel was warm, clean, safe and very British. Breakfast was a huge cold buffet as well as hot offerings from the kitchen; a real treat. Though not the least expensive room in the city, for about $200, it was, for two of us, worth every penny. Plus we got to leave our bags there the next day while we were out exploring.

9  Thank bowdoin
Reviewed 2 February 2006

Frankly not much to add to what has already been said. Met up with a good friend in London and decided to stay here. It is a very nice property in a upscale part of London, but aside from the attentiveness of the staff (which isn't a bad thing) there was NO snobbiness. In spite of our being there on a "drinking weekend" we got no sideways glances or the like. Mind you we weren't in the room with chainsaws or anything, just a few jars of ale is all.

My only even remotely negative comment is that the hotel is a bit further from theatres, main sites etc. But if you want to be close to Green Park and Hyde Park (morning walk or run - lovely) it is ideal. Best of all - the hotel is a tremendous value compared to others of its ilk. Go Chesterfield!

7  Thank TimFargo
A TripAdvisor Member
Wigan, England
Reviewed 31 January 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair for two nights in January. The hotel is wonderfully located for the West End, for shopping and for the major tourist attractions. It can all be done on foot if you are of average fitness. You see so much more on foot.

From the moment the door was opened for us to the moment we left, the experience was delightful.

We had a standard room and although not huge, it was beautifully decorated and appointed.

We were not able to experience the delights of the dining room as dining for both nights had been pre-arranged but we will certainly try it next time.

The breakfast was excellent with the full English being prepared to order.

However, the thing which places this hotel at the top of my list is the staff. Every member of staff was friendly and highly efficient. Nothing was too much trouble and the attention to detail was exceptional.

The only slight niggle was the prices in the bar with two gin and tonics costing £15.50.

If you are not sure where to stay in London, try the Chesterfield. You will not be disappointed.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 January 2006

Very welcoming, nice quiet rooms, excellent food. Honest; my daughter left a Tiffany necklace in her room and the hotel posted it on to us immediately.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank suzanneBowdon
Reviewed 30 January 2006

We stayed at the Chesterfield for a long weekend in mid-December, 2005. The Chesterfield was a fantastic choice. It is located very close to public transportation, which made getting around very easy. Of course, it is within walking distance of many great cafes, pubs, restaurants, shops, and even one of the cities big, beautiful parks ( the name escapes me --- it's the one siutated next to the Ritz ). The food was terrific, and the room, albeit not as large as standard North American hotel rooms, was spotless and beautifully appointed, with lots of storage space. The bathroom lacked nothing. Above all else, the service stands out as truly exceptional. From front desk staff, to restaurant staff, as well as the porters, housekeepers, and room service attendants --- everybody was extremely warm and friendly, and eager to help. To sum up ... for the reasonable price, location, ammenities, and service, one cannot go wrong with the Chesterfield Mayfair. We'll be back.

5  Thank KahalaFan
Reviewed 18 January 2006

Just returned from London where we spent 5 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair. I selected the hotel based on Trip Advisor's reviews and was not disappointed. The January Winter Rate room special was a great deal (110 pounds a night including a full breakfast). The rooms were small but very functional including all the american amenities like a hairdryer and ironing board. The staff was efficient, friendly and very helpful. I cannot say enough about how great our stay was. I encourage others to check them out!

9  Thank dgermain