“Impeccible service as only the British can do it.”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Impeccible service as only the British can do it.”
Reviewed 15 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair for four nights in a junior suite. My son and his wife joined us for the first two nights when we dined at the hotel's Butler's restaurant. Every aspect of the hotel service was outstanding from the moment our taxi pulled up and the doorman helped us out, to the desk staff and through to every aspect of our stay. The neighborhood is quiet and charming. They serve a true English breakfast and dinner for my wife's birthday was quite special. The reputation for their Dover sole is well deserved. We have been to London many times and stayed in fine hotels but the Chesterfield is our new first choice for our next stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank CarpeNox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
UNITED KINGDOM
Reviewed 15 November 2009

We stayed at the Chesterfield Hotel as part of a weekend theatre break package. We had booked a King Room and were upgraded to a Suite on arrival - what luxury. It was my birthday and I received a signed birthday card from all the staff - nice personal touch. Although the hotel was busy, it didn't feel like it - very calm. Breakfast was included in our package and was excellent with great service. I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel and recommend it to all.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Norway
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and will recommend thehotel to friends, family and business partners. The Chesterfield Mayfair is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at in London. Although the rooms are small, the attention of the staff, the unique surroundings and the general perception of luxury and calmness made the stay really memorable. Every positive review you have read about The Chesterfield Mayfair is absolutely true. I always spend a lot of time to find the best hotel when I'm travelling, and after some hours of search I found this hotel. It absolutely lived up to my expectations and standards. Loved it! Book it!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boardergirl07
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 November 2009

This hotel is a hidden gem. The service is top notch and the Mayfair location is wonderful.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
neath south wales.
Reviewed 5 November 2009

From the moment we arriived the staff were wonderfull. Knowing it was my birthday Chris would bow and kiss my hand whenever he saw me,"now i know what royalty feels like".Thanks to all the friendlly staff {who all signed a birthday card for me} Myself and all my friends had a fantastic weekend. Hotel location was within easy reach of many famous attractions but situated in a quiet area where traffic noise was minimal.We all had english breakfasts ordered and cooked to each individual taste.Each of the 3 rooms were luxuriously furnished.I will most definitely stay here again..

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 4 November 2009

When we checked in, we were given an upgrade to a suite. This was awesome because we were travelling with our two daughters, so it made our stay much more comfortable than staying in two rooms. Our daughters were delighted with the Wi included in the room and with the nightly gifts that the hotel left on top of their beds. At night when we all went back to the hotel, our daughters would run to their room anxious to find which little surprise was waiting for them. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. It is easy to find in every hotel one particular employee who has provided exemplary service. It is rare to find a hotel like the Chesterfield where every single employee provides exemplary service. They all made us feel welcome and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The location could not be better. Very near Hyde park, right next to amazing shopping and great restaurants. Overall, a wonderful experience. Would not think about going to another hotel in our next London trip.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Oceaning
pasadena
Reviewed 1 November 2009

My wife and several family members and friends have stayed several times at the Chesterfield Mayfair over the past five years. It's not the cheapest hotel in London, but if you're looking for quintessentially British impeccable service, luxurously appointed rooms, great bar and restaurant, and a great location in Mayfair with easy walking to Shephard Market and Oxford Street be sure to stay at the at the Chesterrfield.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple