I too booked into the Chesterfield after reading the reviews of others on this site. I think the problem with London hotels is that alot of people have booked them for a treat and so it was in my case - a night on the town with my mum before seeing Phantom (which is fabulous by the way)!
Not a sniff of an upgrade - never a good sign I think of a high class hotel if one is not offered if they're not full. They gave us a double to start - now as much as I love my mum we don't want to sleep in the same bed. They then changed us to a Queen Bed which was basically two singles then made up individually, but not with so much as an inch between us. All this we were advised for no extra cost.
Now the bar - how depressing and a lost opportunity. A miserable Spanish speaking waiter who didn't even look up and took ages to take a drink order - dreadful atmosphere only relieved once a young lady took over the running at 6 pm. Hint - don't go to the bar until the evening shift.
As for quiet - yes, it's quiet outside, but the doors banging in the corridor was a nightmare. The hotel needs to add those gizmos that prevent them from slamming, it was like a college dorm.
Maybe we're spoilt, but I'm not sure how much you have to pay these days to stay somewhere great, but it's definitely not here.
Along with the hotel industry's new fiddle - making people feel guilty about having their towels changed daily, the final straw was the £1 for charity added to our final bill. If the company wants to pick a charity and give money to it - do it with its enormous profit. We all pay inordinate amounts of tax and are sick of being embarrassed into contributing to something we didn't agree to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London