This hotel is in a very good location on a quiet street. Easy walking distances to many attractions including Green and Hyde Parks. We had reserved 2 superior king and 1 single room. Upon check-in we were notified that we had been upgraded. The first room was called the "The Study". Though this room was "cute" - decorated as a victorian man's study, it was small, very dark and required going down a small flight of steps in the corridor. We passed and instead took room 319 which we were very pleased with. This room was tastefully decorated in taupe, fairly spacious and had a nice bath. The second room was the themed "Music Suite". This room was very attractive if not over the top in its theme. We loved it initially but if you don't like clutter and prefer a more "restful" decor choose the regular superior room. We got a little tired of the theme in our stay. The last room I assume was a classic double (420) and was very pleasant though small. The bath, however, was the largest of all the rooms. All rooms have modern baths with a "rain shower" type head. Good, powerful hair dryers are also supplied and the air-conditioning worked great. We also saw room 318 which was similar to 319 but done in a more feminine style. On our next stay we would want these rooms. The hotel staff was very accomodating and couldn't have been more professional or nice. We had one evening meal in the restaurant and thought the food and service was a high quality. The bar was also very comfortable and the staff great. In our three night stay the hotel hosted an afternoon wedding reception and a large business gathering. Both of these events took place in the conservatory so we didn't see much of that room. The hotel appears popular for local events.
Overall this is a very nice, small, traditional hotel with excellent, friendly service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London