“Two defects”

Ranked #392 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Moscow, Russia
“Two defects”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel is ok except for the very loud air-coditioner (pls do not use it at all if possible) and terrible sound insulation between rooms (you can easily listen everything). Besides, it would be great to have fruit, vegetables and cheese during the breakfast. Taking the defects into account the price is too high and it us not a five stars hotel. Regards, Yuri

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Yuri S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.
I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations on your recent visit, as you noted that your stay was disrupted by the loud noise emitting from the aircon as well as sounds from the adjoining room. In regards to the aircon system, I am sorry to hear that it was not operating smoothly. We have a 24-hour on call maintenance team, and do hope you reported the issue to one of our duty managers as they would have addressed the issue promptly.
Moreover, my sincere apologies that you were disrupted by sounds from the adjoining room and would have done our utmost best to relocate you to another room should the problem have persisted. Moreover, I am pleased to confirm that we are in the process of providing additional soundproofing to our adjoining rooms.

Lastly, in regards to your suggestions on our breakfast options, we do provide fresh fruits, cheeses and all other desired foods could be provided upon request.

I do hope you will revisit, giving us the chance of changing your opinion of the Westbury Hotel.

Zeljko Stasevic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens
Reviewed 25 November 2013

a beautiful hotel reception is let down by the rooms which are shabby and in need of a refurbishment. Fabulous cocktails in the bar and good service was given by all. The location is second to none - The best address in London, Just on the corner of Bond Street

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Libby K,

Thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel. I am very pleased to that you found our lobby and Polo bar of exceptional standard and our Mayfair location unbeatable. However, I am sorry to hear that were not impressed by your allocated room, noting that you found it ‘shabby’. My sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations in this department, as we strive to maintain a high 5-star standard throughout our property. If you would be so kind to contact me directly on ta@westburymayfair.com I would greatly appreciate further information as to why you were dissatisfied with your particular room. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Westbury.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I know London well. Was surprised to find the Westbury was not as impressive as I was expecting. Nice hotel but not 5 star. The location is great for West End. Room price was very good. Drinks in bar extremely expensive,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel.

I am disappointed to hear we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, noting that you did not feel your experience with us was that of a 5-star hotel.

That said, I am pleased you enjoyed the convenience of our location, situated on the corner of Bond and Conduit street moments from one of London's most exclusive shopping, dining and real estate districts.

We are also London's only hotel to house two Michelin Star restaurants, 'Alyn Williams and at the Westbury' and 'Brasserie Chavot' as well as our discrete but no less impressive 'Tsukiji' sushi restaurant and the legendary Polo Bar. I am sorry you felt the drinks were too steep as we take care in ensuring that our prices are competitive to those of our local Mayfair area.

I would very much like to hear more detailed feedback on your experience with us as we are always seeking to improve our services and products. If you would be so kind to email me directly at ta@westburymayfair.com I would very grateful for your feedback.

Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Polite And professional staff on entry always a plus! This is my first stay at The Westbury hotel which I booked online and was not sure what to expect till I arrived. On entry it was a pleasant surprise,got to reception no problems booking in,which is always a plus in my books specially when your exhausted and just want to get to your room after a long trip. I must congratulate you on a member of staff though a young Bellman, if i looked correctly his name badge said "Jacky" truly pleasant young man, On arrival he went out of the forecourt to attend and help me as i arrived outside the hotel in a taxi with a professional smile,Very pleased! Superb location! I would definitely stay on business again!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Listyler
Nottingham
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very elegant a typical 'Mayfair drawing room' decoration. The lobby and bars are excellent and are the worth the 5* rating. The rooms are not 5* which does slightly let down the hotel. I would stay again though for the location!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne W
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Jwil28,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to hear you spent a pleasant stay with us noting that our two Michelin star restaurants, Polo bar and unbeatable location contributed to your overall Westbury experience.
I am sorry to hear our accommodation failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, and would recommend you make note of this to our reservation team upon your next booking as they will see to allocate you a room more suitable to your needs.

Zeljko Sasevic
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night, while on a business trip to London. The room (a double room for single use) was very small (tiny really), and if it was to be used for the accomodation of two persons (and their lagguage) the number of guests the room is, supposedly, designed to acommodate, it would definately be a crowded place!! It was spotlessly clean though. The service at the door and reception was what someone would expect from a 5* hotel. The wi-fi in room service provided was working perfectly although at the rather high cost of 12.95 pounds/24 hours.
I was surprised to try the bedding as unacceptably uncomfortable, the matress feeling hard on the higher top end of the hard-soft scale (if thare is one). For some people that would definately mean a low quality sleep.
Breakfast is served a la carte only, which is a shame for a 5* hotel. On top of that it is expensive coming at around 60 pounds for a decent breakfast for two persons.
One further thing that I noticed which perhaps raises a security issue, was that there was no printed hotel services and security guide available in the room (very important for guests' guidance in cases of emergency situations).
Perehaps it is available through the hotel's channel in the TV, but not all guests are willing to spend time fiddling with the TV remote control trying to dig out the services guide on screen.
Would I return? The answer is, may be, although the competition in the 5* hotel sector in the area is fierce, the main complain being the low money for value mark of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear arisv,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your recent stay with us at the Westbury Hotel.
I am sorry to hear we failed to meet you expectations on this occasion as you note that that the room size and bedding were inadequate and that breakfast service was not of good value for money.
In regards to our accommodation, our rooms meet the standard measurements in both London and our local area of Mayfair. Having said that, I am sorry to hear your allocated room did not provide the comfort you were seeking, in which case we encourage our guests to discuss their needs and preferences with our reservation team who are happy to provide several options that best suit the guest’s requirements. Moreover, in regards to our mattresses and bedding, our selection is that only the highest quality and I am sorry neither agreed with you causing you to have an uncomfortable sleep. Please do get in touch with us directly at ta@westburymayfair.com and we will be sure to make a note of this in your profile so that we may find alternative arrangements on your next stay.
In regards to our breakfast service, I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with your experience and that you felt it was not of good value for money. We take great pride in our breakfast service which we also offer guests at a rate of £15 pp (original value: £26.50pp) if pre-booked with us directly.
Lastly, I am very surprised and sorry you were unable to locate our health and safety handbook as each room and suite is equipped with one. If you would be so kind to contact me directly on the email provided above I would very much appreciate your help in identifying the room where the handbook is misplaced or missing. My sincere apologies for this and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I wish to conclude by thanking you once again for your detailed feedback and my apologies for all the areas in which we failed to meet your expectations. I do hope you will revisit, giving us a chance to chance to change your opinion of the Westbury Hotel.

Cannock Chase
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The perfect location for a 2-day London break. Ideally placed for Bond Street, Oxford Street, Mayfair et al (adjacent to Saville Row), excellent service, no more expensive than any other "good" London hotel, top notch Concierge, and great dining.
If I have a tiny-ish quibble it would be that the room was...er...tiny-ish. But a great view from the balcony, and good bathroom.
Room service was speedy, as was check-in and check-out. As I said earlier: perfect

(Review of Alyn Williams at The Westbury t/f)

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is big enough