“Great hotel, great location”
Review of Westbury Mayfair

Westbury Mayfair
Ranked #389 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here for the weekend with my husband and had an amazing time. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were helpful and extremely friendly. Our room was large, airy and spacious with a huge bed, sofa, armchair and coffee table and two large wardrobes! We were in heaven. We had breakfast each morning which was delicious. Freshly cooked full English served with plenty of pastries, toast and preserves. I would definitely recommend this hotel to
anyone wishing to stay in central London. It was perfect for shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestbury, General Manager at Westbury Mayfair, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Sarah W,

I am very pleased to hear that you and your husband spent an amazing stay with us this past weekend. We take great pride in our services and products and I am delighted that they all met your expectations such as our luxury accommodation, friendly staff and signature breakfast service. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our ideal location in the heart of Mayfair perfect for sightseeing and shopping on Oxford, Regent and Bond Street.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback on your Westbury experience and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Zeljko Stasevic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here for one night with my wife and It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in London.The rooms were very big and very clean. We even saw Freddie Ljungberg (former Arsenal and Sweden footballer).

100% would reccomend

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reks777,

Delighted to hear you passed an enjoyed stay with us at the Westbury Hotel last April. We are also both flattered and grateful for maintaining as one of the best London hotels you have frequented.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Lovely location.
Lovely staff-
BUT-and it's a big one the rooms and bathrooms are very tired.
it is clean-and well looked after but it needs many millions spending on a refurb.
So-if you want a great deal in a super location use your grey cells to book
As others have said-the Polo bar is nice-but the drink bill will be a bit of a surprise.
As with the rest of the hotel the staff are charming and attentive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear neil I,

Thank you for your kind and useful feedback on your recent stay with us at the Westbury Hotel.
I am pleased to hear that our Mayfair location, attentive staff and chic Polo Bar met all your expectations as a 5-star hotel and that you felt your stay was of good value for money.

I also appreciate your comments regarding your allocated room being somewhat tired and I would like to assure you that plans for room renovations have been confirmed and will begin shortly.

Thank you once again for your feedback and for choosing the Westbury Hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Great location with easy access to all the West End has to offer. Looks more promising than it is. I got a reasonable rate on Expedia compared to what else was on offer. Room fine, small but functional. Got a bit of a surprise when I ordered room service breakfast, which I wouldn't normally do but was under time pressure. On top of the exorbitant £22 for scrambled eggs, coffee and juice, they added a £3.50 'tray charge' and a further £3.19 service charge!! When I queried it with the staff they were clearly embarrassed by it and couldn't offer me any explanation. When are hotels going to realise that if they made their extras more affordable, we might avail of them more?? A tray charge plus a further service charge is rich, even by London standards...

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Simon G,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased you were satisfied with both our Mayfair location and booking rates, however I am sorry to hear you felt certain of our services were not of good value for money.

We take great pride in our breakfast service which we believe we have perfected throughout the years. We offer our guests Full English Breakfast at a discounted rated of £18/ per person which also includes the mentioned tray charge of £3.50. If however, the guest does not pre-book breakfast or if it is not included within their rate a £3.50 tray service charge does apply. This is a common service fee in many luxury London hotels however, I am sorry that this was not properly explained when addressed.

I do hope you will consider revisiting us in the future and if so I would recommend pre-booking our breakfast service to enjoy the preferential rate of £18pp (value £26.00).

worcestershire
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Staying at this hotel for 1 night, pleasant hotel after exhausting shopping in Oxford Street went back to hotel for a sleep, to engerise batteries for friends 50th celebrations. We had screaming children next door so could not sleep ruined the night ! Not getting in til 1.30 am thought we would have a lie in how mistaken we were 7 am screaming kids !!!! Why do hotels put couples next to families ???? This ruin our stay too tired for breakfast !
We could have complained but the thought of moving our stuff at a late hour was daunting !

Room Tip: Ask for a room not by children ! If you are a couple ! This ruin our stay but thought a hotel of thi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashbradz
Dear ashbradz,

May I please begin by expressing my sincere apologies for having failed to meet your expectations on your recent stay with us at the Westbury Hotel.

It is truly disappointing that you experienced poor sleep due to the sounds emitting from the interconnecting room. Rooms are allocated to guests upon check-in and although room preferences and special requests can be made upon booking these are allocated based on their availability on the day of arrival. We do however wish you had raised your concerns with us whilst in-house as we would have been happy to have found an alternative and more appropriate option.

For our reference, would you be so kind to email me directly at ta@wesbturymayfair.com providing me with the room in question as we would like make a note of it and have our maintenance team investigate the soundproofing of the two adjoining rooms.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance with this.

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

An odd tip you might think , but unless you want to pay £5 per person in the Polo Bar after a hard days shop in Bond Street , take my advice. The service is complimentary but £3.50 service charge.

This is a fading gem of a hotel in Mayfair and as others report it needs an upgrade if it is to justify the high prices in bars and restaurants . However the staff were all very helpful , room size adequate ( ask for one the back if you want peace and quiet ) and the king size bed very comfortable.

The location of the Westbury gives it a huge advantage and with the up coming improvements promised by their General Manager it is to be hoped that it does not fade away. Don't forget the tea !

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear ahomer1,

Thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you passed an overall pleasant stay with us noting that you found our accommodation both comfortable and spacious, staff and service helpful and location on Bond Street ideal.
I appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding the revamp of certain of our facilities. We are proud of our 5-star rating and are diligent in maintaining this throughout the property. As you rightly mentioned, we are indeed planning on renovating some of our bedrooms to bring them up to par with the high quality and standards of our remaining luxury bedrooms and suites.
Finally, in regards to the £3.50 tray charge, this is a small fee often issued in luxury London hotels as it is the room service charge for the delivery of the tea and coffee making facilities which we offer our guests as a complimentary service.
To conclude, I do want to thank you again for all of your comments and suggestions regarding your recent stay with us and I do very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Staff were friendly and couldn't fault them. The food however was a massive let down. Well cooked but ultimately cheap ingredients at over inflated prices even for Mayfair. A shame. And don't believe the website when it states that all the rooms have CD/DVD facilities as they don't.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darren W
TheWestbury, General Manager at Westbury Mayfair, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Darren W,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us noting that you found the food and its ingredients to be ‘cheap’ and overpriced.
This is most regrettable and surprising as all our produce are delivered by only the top quality suppliers throughout our food and beverage outlets including: in-house dining and room service; Alyn Williams at the Westbury; Brasserie Chavot; Tsukiji Sushi Restaurant; and the Polo Bar.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could please provide me details of your recent dining experience (i.e. restaurant(s), date(s), order details etc…) as I would like to personally investigate the matter so that we may maintain the high level of food quality throughout all our outlets.
You may contact me directly on ta@westburymayfair and I thank you in advance for your time and assistance with this.