“Love to stay here!”

The Westbury Mayfair
Ranked #405 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed here twice in the last 4 months and just love the hotel, where I had never stayed before., The location in the heart of Mayfair on Bond St. is the best possible, next to chic and trendy shops, galeries and restaurants --and at the same time steps away from more popular Oxford and Regent Sts., Fortnum & Mason, Picadilly, Trafalgar Square, etc.
I walked everywhere and came back 'home' for a 'rest', before going back out again. This is a classic, cozy (nor flashy) hotel with an Art Deco style lobby, great service and perfectly comfortable rooms. (I paid for a Superior room) --Not posh 5 stars style maybe -- but with an easy and very private 4 1/2 stars comfort and style. The Polo bar is perfect and its Japanese restaurant delicious. Will stay here from now on and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mari13132727

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Walked in and the receptionist looked at me and my friend as though we were scum. We were dressed respectfully and paid alot of money for the room and we expect to get the service other people get who pay £300 a night!
The porter forgot to take our bags to our room so we had to come back down to get them ourselves!
Modest room for the cost when we expected luxury.
Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night...twice and very loud banging outside our room! Wouldnt mind but there wasnt even a fire so if it was a test the middle of the night was not appropriate!
Upon checkout the hotel receptionist was rude and talked with an attitude. Sorry if my accent is northern, but all northerners arent scum!
Oh, and it may be worth mentioning to people who pre-book that a credit card for a ridiculous saftey deposit are required on check-in! That was spending money for a very expensive trip! Since this, i have stayed in a premier in for a fraction of the cost and had a great couple nights sleep and had a much more pleasant trip!
Wouldnt ever stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Diddykong
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel communal areas are lovely and the bar is great however this gives rather a false impression of what the rooms are going to be like. My room was in desperate need of an upgrade. Horrible cracked tiles with dirty grouting, dirt around the door hinges, very old fashioned and a shower curtain!! In my opinion no 5* hotel should ever have shower curtains. The toiletries are horrible and I would say this place has not been updated for a very long time. Oh and did I mention the air conditioning unit that was so useless you had to have it on full speed but so noisy you can't sleep properly! Such a shame as a wonderful location but I would never stay at the hotel again. So many better options in London. Staff were quite average too so they didn't even save the day. Don't stay here, it's really not worth the money and you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KateWhoAte
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for a short break for my birthday in March 2014. The hotel is very clean and tidy. The staff could not do enough to help their guests. The bar in the hotel was decorated very well and the service fantastic (a little expensive) but in a central London 5 star hotel you cant complain. The rooms where a little small but then again most London hotel rooms are small.
Overall this was a very pleasant 3 nights at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear hull1983,

Thank you for your positive review and kind words on your recent stay at the Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you passed an enjoyable stay with us in celebration of your birthday, noting that our ideal Mayfair location, friendly and helpful staff, trendy bar with impeccable cocktails and service all helped render your 3-night stay a delight.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If your sole purpose of coming to London is for shopping then this is an ideal spot for a night or two. The hotel is plainly simple. Its "fine" for a quick trip but don't expect a true 5 star hotel. It compares to the Mayfair Hotel but with much better positioning as its on the corner of bond street.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GlobalSwagger,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our positioning in the heart of Mayfair conveniently located to the luxury shops of Bond Street and minutes from both Regent and Oxford street.

I am sorry to hear that you were not as impressed by our other features and would welcome and appreciate any more detailed feedback, which you may do so directly at ta@westburymayfair.com

We are very proud of our 5-star facilities as well as being recognised as a foodie destination, housing two Michelin star restaurants 'Brasserie Chavot' and 'Alyn Williams at the Westbury', 'Tsukiji Sushi Restaurant' and the infamous 'Polo Bar'.

I look forward to hearing from you and do hope you will revisit us in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My sister and I booked the Westbury using a last minute deal but were a little concerned by the recent negative reviews. I emailed the hotel before we arrived to request a quiet room and tea and coffee facilities in our room as this was an issue many guests had complained about. When we arrived we received a very warm welcome and our requests had been accommodated. We had a lovely room on the 6th floor and the decor and cleanliness matched any 5 star hotel I have stayed in. The rooms aren't large but most London hotels are compact so this was no surprise and didn't really bother us at all. The view was great overlooking New Bond Street and the location...wow! We had a drink in the Polo Bar which was buzzing with a lovely atmosphere. We had pre-booked for breakfast which is advisable as it is £18 per person booked in advance as apposed to the £26 standard rate. The breakfast was really very good and we felt priced about right for a hotel of this type. All in all we had a lovely weekend, the staff could not have been more accommodating and the location is fantastic. We will definitely be back. I particularly commend the staff who I felt were exceptionally good...the atmosphere is luxury without being pretentious.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Marie G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your recent stay with us at the Westbury Hotel.

Your comments were a delight to read, particularly that of the efficiency and friendliness of our staff, who were able to accommodate your request for a room on a higher floor overlooking the picturesque Bond Street. I also appreciate your comments on your visit at The Polo Bar as it is a long time local Mayfair favourite and is always a delight when residents are able to enjoy its signature cocktails, impeccable service and trendy and buzzing atmosphere.

I thank you again for your feedback and do hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Convenient location, just off Regents street and 10 mins walk from Oxford Circus tube. Central, but quite area. The reception area is dark and underwhelming. The rooms are smart and clean, but small. Usual overpriced minibar, but no free water or tea and coffee. We also tried the restaurant, which has a wondering tasting menu. See separate review for details.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank joetidd

Dear joetidd,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Westbury Hotel as well as your dining experience at Alyn Williams at the Westbury.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Mayfair, situated steps away from London’s most popular shopping destinations while still maintaining a tranquil residence for our guests. I am however, sorry to hear that you were not taken with our reception area, which would like to think of as a warm, luxe environment without being overwhelming or intimidating.

Lastly, I am glad that you the chance to experience our Michelin-starred restaurant 'Alyn Williams at the Westbury' and do hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy our second Michelin-star restaurant Brasserie Chavot on your next London visit.

I do hope you will revisit us again soon.